Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: September ATC Swap        (Topic#1580267)
provinca
Mayor
provinca

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP!

ONLY HIGH END CARDS PLEASE!!

Welcome to the September ATC Swap. The swap is a 3/3 swap (you make three/you get three). You must make at least three for each theme you sign up for. Cards are due to me by September 31.

The Basics:
- Each card must be 2 ½ x 3 ½
- Each card must be sturdy. Please back them with a heavy piece of cardstock or thin chipboard/cardboard. (I make "backers" from cereal boxes, pasta boxes, tissue boxes,etc. I cut them up to 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 and store them in a box so I always have them ready to use.) One sheet of cardstock is not sturdy enough! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH --- PLEASE NO FLIMSY CARDS!![/u]
- Please include the following information on the back of your cards:
Your Name
Your sb.com screen name
The state/country they’re from (I’m aiming to collect ATCs from every state!)
Title of your card
Number/edition of your card (1/3, 2/3, etc.)
Date Made

THE NITTY GRITTY:
PLEASE DO YOUR BEST WORK -- ONLY SEND IN CARDS THAT YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECEIVE IN RETURN. We all want to receive only high-end, good quality cards, so please be sure to send only what you would like to receive!! As much as possible, I try to swap like for like -- if you tend to be more minimalistic and clean, then that's what you'll ideally get in return; if you tend to elaborately embellish, that's ideally what you'll get in return. It is not always possible but I try my best to swap like for like -- both in style and in effort. Bottom line: Send cards that you are proud to put your name on and that you'd like to get in return!

I know sometimes life gets in the way, and if you find that you can't follow through with the swap, please just let me know. If you cannot complete the swap I would prefer you tell me instead of just throwing something together at the last minute to get it done -- it'll show in your cards!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT JUST SLAP A STICKER ON A PIECE OF CARDSTOCK AND SEND IT!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND YOUR CARDS WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU!

Mailing:

- When your cards are done, please mail them to me (I’ll PM you my address). Please be sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so I can mail your cards back to you. Please put the same amount of postage on your return envelope as you do on the mailing envelope. If you’re in doubt, please add an extra loose stamp. If I don’t use it, I’ll return it to you! If your envelope is in good condition, you only need to send a return label -- I'll reuse your envelope!If you don't send postage, I won't be able to return cards to you.
- Please enclose a return envelope that is big enough to hold all the cards you'll be receiving. If your envelope is in good condition I will reuse it, in which case, just send me a mailing label with your name on it.
- Please be sure all your embellies are securely glued down.
-

Please – NO FLAKERS! Please check in at least once a week so we know you’re still with us. If you need to drop out please let me know so we’re not waiting for you . . .

Please post a picture of your cards here so we can all enjoy them!

Above all – have fun creating!!

September's Themes:

Back to School (any level, Elementary, Middle, High, College)
Anna
Ms. Pebbles
Keri
Yvonne
Henva
Amy
LaTarris
Phyllis

Apples (card must have an apple on it somehow -- no stickers; make it dimensional!)
Anna
Terri
KarenM.
Melanie

Buttons (your card should have some buttons on it; the more the better!)
Anna
Ms. Pebbles
Melanie
Keri (1)
Keri (2)
Yvonne
Terri
Lunar
Ren
Karen M.
Amy
LaTarris
Phyllis

Septemer Birthdays: Let us know if you have a birthday during the month of August, and if possible, the ladies will make you a special birthday ATC!

Birthdays:
Terri
Ren

Edited by provinca on 10-23-12 02:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to provinca

Hey Anna!
Can you put me down for Buttons and Back to school....got think on the apples....thanks! :)

asailorsprincess
Mayor
asailorsprincess
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Hurray!

I'll take a spot in buttons....

Not sure I have anything back to school or apple related!
let me look thru my stuff and get back to you!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to asailorsprincess

Please add me to Buttons and Back to School.

Thanks !

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to 4tgrfans

Got you added -- thanks for playing!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to provinca

Can I join in too? If I am allowed to join in, I would need to make a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch card with buttons on it? I use cardstock and glue the cardstock to a cardboard or cereal box? I just want to make sure I understand everything. This will be the first time trying to do this if I am allowed to. Can someone post an example of what one is supposed to look like so I can have an idea. I really want to do my best to make something that others will like.
One more question; What are these little cards used for? Do you glue them in your scrapbook?

Edited by Lunareclipse on 08-31-12 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lunareclipse

Anna Please add me to
*back to school and
*buttons.... thx!

Edited by Euroalien on 08-31-12 12:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

• Lunareclipse Said:
Can I join in too? If I am allowed to join in, I would need to make a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch card with buttons on it? I use cardstock and glue the cardstock to a cardboard or cereal box? I just want to make sure I understand everything. This will be the first time trying to do this if I am allowed to. Can someone post an example of what one is supposed to look like so I can have an idea. I really want to do my best to make something that others will like.
One more question; What are these little cards used for? Do you glue them in your scrapbook?

Hi Lunar. Welcome to our swap. You certainly are welcome to join. When you sign up for a category, you have to make three cards for that category, and then you get three different ones back. You can make all three of your cards the same or you can make them all different. The cards are basically little works of art on a small scale. I have an album in my gallery that has all of my ATCs in them; please stop by and check them out. Also if you do a gallery search for ATC you'll see loads of examples. You can use the cards on your layouts or you can just collect them or display them.

The only criteria is that they must be 2 1/2 x 3 1/2; they must be backed on either chipboard or something similar (like cereal boxes); they must be made nicely and be something that you would like to receive in return. The should be high end card! I do try to swap effort for effort so the more elaborate it is (if that's you style) the more elaborate the cards you will receive; if you are more of a clean and simple artist, then you will receive clean and simple in return.

If you join the button category, your card should incorporate buttons into its design -- not just simply have a button on it. You could use the button as part of a flower or part of a border or in any other way.

Please be sure to browse the gallery and my album to get a feel for ideas and inspiration.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Here are two examples of cards that I did with buttons (one button card in each picture):

For my SS - 6 By Provinca

ATC - August Swap - Travel Series By Provinca

and here are some that I found in the gallery that have buttons on them. Most of them didn't have public embedding, so you'll have to click on them to see:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=369991...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=365354...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=353004...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=352999...

Wishing You Entertaining Halloween By Berry71bleu

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=322096...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=322097...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=298906...

Provinca August ATC Swap By Crafty Lefty

Edited by provinca on 08-31-12 02:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to provinca

I am in for buttons and apples
I was hoping you might do football!
I m a birthday girl in September and would love something from you wonderful artists!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

Hi Lunar. Welcome to our swap. You certainly are welcome to join. When you sign up for a category, you have to make three cards for that category, and then you get three different ones back. You can make all three of your cards the same or you can make them all different. The cards are basically little works of art on a small scale. I have an album in my gallery that has all of my ATCs in them; please stop by and check them out. Also if you do a gallery search for ATC you'll see loads of examples. You can use the cards on your layouts or you can just collect them or display them.

The only criteria is that they must be 2 1/2 x 3 1/2; they must be backed on either chipboard or something similar (like cereal boxes); they must be made nicely and be something that you would like to receive in return. The should be high end card! I do try to swap effort for effort so the more elaborate it is (if that's you style) the more elaborate the cards you will receive; if you are more of a clean and simple artist, then you will receive clean and simple in return.

If you join the button category, your card should incorporate buttons into its design -- not just simply have a button on it. You could use the button as part of a flower or part of a border or in any other way.

Please be sure to browse the gallery and my album to get a feel for ideas and inspiration.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Here are two examples of cards that I did with buttons (one button card in each picture):

For my SS - 6 By Provinca

ATC - August Swap - Travel Series By Provinca

and here are some that I found in the gallery that have buttons on them. Most of them didn't have public embedding, so you'll have to click on them to see:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=369991...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=365354...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=353004...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=352999...

Wishing You Entertaining Halloween By Berry71bleu

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=322096...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=322097...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=298906...

Provinca August ATC Swap By Crafty Lefty

I will sign up for the buttons one, if that's ok. I don't have apples or back to school stuff. But I have a ton of buttons.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I have another question...I know...I'm full of questions...but, When we send you the tiny cards, do you swap them for others that sent cards and send them back or do you keep them all and make tiny cards for everyone that sent you cards and send them the cards that you made?

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Ok, I got one mostly done. I'm missing something on it, but I don't know what. I hope this is what you guys are looking for.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Lunar, your button snowman is just adorable!!

LOL - you can never ask too many questions!! The swap works like this: everyone in the group, including myself, makes three cards and sends them to me. Then I put all the cards together and send each of the ladies three cards that the other ladies and I have made and I keep three cards for myself. You will get three different cards back from (one from three different ladies).

Welcome to the (addictive) world of ATCs!!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I am in for buttons and apples
I was hoping you might do football!
I m a birthday girl in September and would love something from you wonderful artists!

LOL - we'll do football next month -- PROMISE! I can't wait for the season to begin!!! Do you do fantasy football? If you do, we have a fun group here at sb.com that has a league if you're interested. . .

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to provinca

Hi!

Anna, I will take a spot in buttons, I will let you know about the others...got to see if I can find some inspiration on those...

I do have a birthday this month, it's Tuesday the 4th (pretty close...whew)

I am looking forward to October's themes (I am assuming Halloween will be one of them) I just picked up some new Halloween stamps, plus I am thinking of revisiting some of the ones I made last year and recreating more like them...

Ren

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Renbear

I will sign up for buttons. How do I sign up?

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

sign me up for buttons and apples

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Lunar, your button snowman is just adorable!!

LOL - you can never ask too many questions!! The swap works like this: everyone in the group, including myself, makes three cards and sends them to me. Then I put all the cards together and send each of the ladies three cards that the other ladies and I have made and I keep three cards for myself. You will get three different cards back from (one from three different ladies).

Welcome to the (addictive) world of ATCs!!

Thank you. I figured out what it's missing, words. I don't know how to make those cute little words that on your cards though.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Lunar, you're all signed up for buttons.

I don't know which particular cards you mean but some of the words are pre-bought tickets with the words on them; some of the phrases are stamps; and some of the individual words are just printed in your word processing program and then cut apart and inked up. If you tell me which particular card you're talking about, I can give you more specifics.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
Lunar, you're all signed up for buttons.

I don't know which particular cards you mean but some of the words are pre-bought tickets with the words on them; some of the phrases are stamps; and some of the individual words are just printed in your word processing program and then cut apart and inked up. If you tell me which particular card you're talking about, I can give you more specifics.

Stamps are cool! Probably not the best for this snowman, though. There isn't room on there to stamp anything. I do know how to use a stamp though. All of the rest though, I am clueless. Where is my word processing center? I don't think I have one. If it comes with one one of those cutty machines (Cricute?) I know I don't have of of those. And I don't know what inked up is. At least not in scrapbooking. Where I am from, it means you have a lot of tattoos. Maybe you put tattoos on your scrapbooks. I don't know. I like all of your cards, and except for the stamp part, I don't know how to make any of the other words you have.

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics