PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP!
ONLY HIGH END CARDS PLEASE!!
Welcome to the September ATC Swap. The swap is a 3/3 swap (you make three/you get three). You must make at least three for each theme you sign up for. Cards are due to me by September 31.
- Each card must be 2 ½ x 3 ½
- Each card must be sturdy. Please back them with a heavy piece of cardstock or thin chipboard/cardboard. (I make "backers" from cereal boxes, pasta boxes, tissue boxes,etc. I cut them up to 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 and store them in a box so I always have them ready to use.) One sheet of cardstock is not sturdy enough! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH --- PLEASE NO FLIMSY CARDS!![/u]
- Please include the following information on the back of your cards:
Your sb.com screen name
The state/country they’re from (I’m aiming to collect ATCs from every state!)
Title of your card
Number/edition of your card (1/3, 2/3, etc.)
THE NITTY GRITTY:
PLEASE DO YOUR BEST WORK -- ONLY SEND IN CARDS THAT YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECEIVE IN RETURN. We all want to receive only high-end, good quality cards, so please be sure to send only what you would like to receive!! As much as possible, I try to swap like for like -- if you tend to be more minimalistic and clean, then that's what you'll ideally get in return; if you tend to elaborately embellish, that's ideally what you'll get in return. It is not always possible but I try my best to swap like for like -- both in style and in effort. Bottom line: Send cards that you are proud to put your name on and that you'd like to get in return!
I know sometimes life gets in the way, and if you find that you can't follow through with the swap, please just let me know. If you cannot complete the swap I would prefer you tell me instead of just throwing something together at the last minute to get it done -- it'll show in your cards!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT JUST SLAP A STICKER ON A PIECE OF CARDSTOCK AND SEND IT!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND YOUR CARDS WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU!
- When your cards are done, please mail them to me (I’ll PM you my address). Please be sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so I can mail your cards back to you. Please put the same amount of postage on your return envelope as you do on the mailing envelope. If you’re in doubt, please add an extra loose stamp. If I don’t use it, I’ll return it to you! If your envelope is in good condition, you only need to send a return label -- I'll reuse your envelope!If you don't send postage, I won't be able to return cards to you.
- Please enclose a return envelope that is big enough to hold all the cards you'll be receiving. If your envelope is in good condition I will reuse it, in which case, just send me a mailing label with your name on it.
- Please be sure all your embellies are securely glued down.
Please – NO FLAKERS! Please check in at least once a week so we know you’re still with us. If you need to drop out please let me know so we’re not waiting for you . . .
Please post a picture of your cards here so we can all enjoy them!
Above all – have fun creating!!
Back to School (any level, Elementary, Middle, High, College)
Apples (card must have an apple on it somehow -- no stickers; make it dimensional!)
Buttons (your card should have some buttons on it; the more the better!)
Septemer Birthdays: Let us know if you have a birthday during the month of August, and if possible, the ladies will make you a special birthday ATC!