Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: September/October recipe swap - Swapped and closed        (Topic#1580813)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, you could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 9/30/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 10/15/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before the end of August!

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

Mail cards to

I reserve the right to ask you to choose another recipe in case we recently had that one, sorry.

Categories for this month are:

Crockpot meals
Thanksgiving dishes
Pies

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-20-12 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

** Crockpot **
1. Sally -
2. Keri- potatoe soup
3. Kris- buffalo chicken dip
4. Susie - roast
5. Corry
6. Jessica

** Thanksgiving dishes **
1. Kris - scalloped corn
2. Susie - cream cheese ball - yummmmm
3. Corry
4. Sally - cornbread casserole
5. Jessica

**Pies **

1. Sally - dutch apple pie
2. Susie - caramel pecan pie (MMMMM)
3. jessica

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-17-12 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

I would like a spot in CrockPot. But i see you have the sign up date open until 9/30....but you want them to you by 9/1? That's supposed to be 10/1, isn't it?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to minderaser97

So long as I'm not already late, I'd like to give this one a go. How about crock pot (buffalo chicken dip) and thanksgiving (scalloped corn)

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Hi Kris, you're not late! We're slow moving in the recipe swap, lol Welcome, Keri, got your pm.

We're doing Thanksgiving early since Canada has their Thanksgiving before we do.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-19-12 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Hoping to get started this weekend....and Krispyb.... I can't wait ti see you recipe for the dip!!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

• minderaser97 Said:
Hoping to get started this weekend....and Krispyb.... I can't wait ti see you recipe for the dip!!!

It is AWESOME! Can't do any kind of a get-together without bring it...usually by request!

mcaruth782
Veteran
mcaruth782

I would love to have a spot in the crock pot and one in the thanksgiving dish.. oh darn, put me in each group!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to mcaruth782

love all these...but after my last debacle, I don't think I feel right signing up. Sorry ladies.

mcaruth782
Veteran
mcaruth782
In response to jessicaLB

Here are the recipes that I have picked out.

Crock Pot-Pot Roast (my favorite meal of all time)
Thanksgiving-Cream Cheese Ball (yummmmm)
Pies- Caramel Pecan Pie

Let me know if these will work.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

checking in!

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

Hi Ladies!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi everyone, I will have my computer back tomorrow evening and I will get caught up on everything!!! YAY!!!! so sorry to be so behind

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Jessica, it was the post office' fault, not yours. So, of course you're welcome.

Susie - Those work for me! I love pecan pie!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-24-12 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Please sign me up for the 'crock pot' and the 'thanksgiving' recipe swap. I'm pretty sure I know what recipes im going to chose, however I will let ya know within a cpl days! Im debating the pie entry one, as I suck at baking pies...lol ! Seriously!! The last one I attempted was a disaster! hmmmm, maybe I should to get a few new recipes....lol ! Ill let ya know Sally!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to craftncorry

LOL.. you're too funny.. there's always the ready made crusts and the Keebler graham cracker crusts.

I have my computer back online tonight!! woohoo, I'm a happy camper.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Ok, one of each please

mcaruth782
Veteran
mcaruth782
In response to jessicaLB

Just Checking in... Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Somewhere I have my recipes. I found them last week while sorting out some paper work. One of the things I love about this swap, is, it's helping me to look up some old recipes and finally getting them down on paper and organized. I do cheat on occasion and pull one off from online if I can't find the one I was looking for.

You beat me to the pot roast one. I wish I could find this one I had for chicken. Talk about an easy dish. Put it in the crock pot and go about your business and it turns out perfect every time, but I always forget about that recipe. And of course I can't find it now. Just a few seasonings, easy peasy and tastes great, meat right off the bone. Leftovers are great to make soup with or sandwiches/salads.

I like to keep it to three recipes, but I sort of wanted to do a Halloween recipe. Anyone up to doing 4 this month?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I don't know that I know any Halloween recipes :s

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics