Username Post: Monthly Birthstone Tag swap: Opal, with bonus theme        (Topic#1581115)
jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

MAIL BY DATE: Oct 20th

DUE DATE (in my hands): Oct 26th
Please note the due date, and respect it.

This will be a monthly tag swap, with each month having TWO themes you may sign up for.

One theme for the month will ALWAYS be the birthstone associated with that month, so you should create tags using only the birthstone color(s).

The other theme will vary. You may sign up for both as long as you can honor the commitment.
To try to keep this flaker free, you will only need to create 4 tags, and in return - you will get 4 tags.

If you have not made good on your other swaps, please do not sign up. Life happens...I know! So, if your life starts HAPPENING, then let me know so I know not to look for your tags!

Important Swap Guidelines and Instructions:
The tags must be ABOUT - NOT EXACTLY 4X6 (shipping tags are usually 3 3/8 x 6, Sizzix dies are around 3 1/2x6 and you can cut them on your Cricut, or hand cut them with your trimmer) and be made out of cardboard, heavy cardstock or chipboard. ***You may also use smaller if you wish, but they must be AT LEAST 2"x3"

The due date will be the 25th of each month. That means in my hands by the 25th, please.

Materials:
Good quality materials are required. You must use AT LEAST 3 embellishments. This includes, but is not limited to: inking, distressed edges, ribbon, charms, bling, stickles, glitter, etc. Please use lots of embellishments and make each tag a work of art in and of itself. Include as many mediums as you like. This is the time to really let your creativeness shine. Paper selection and color should follow the color theme of the month.

Mailing them in:
Bag the tags individually in small Ziploc bags, or something similar. Please write or staple a piece of paper with your name, sb.com name AND category the tag is in, onto the bag. That way I know who did what.
Please send the exact amount of postage it took to send your tags, PLUS 3 extra stamps. I will return any extra postage. *Some tags may be heavier, or have more embellishing, causing the return postage to be more.*
Please send them in a bubble mailer so I can re-use it. If you do not have a bubble mailer, please be sure to send an extra envelope for your return tags. Also include in your package a piece of cardstock with your return address on it. It will make things must faster on my end.

My address:
Jessica Burnell
2643 E 95th N
Idaho Falls ID 83401

Checking in:
Check-ins are required each week. If you have not checked in, I will message you to ascertain your status. If I have tried to contact you a couple times and I do not hear from you after 2 weeks, I will assume that you no longer wish to participate.

Last but not least, HAVE FUN!!!

Oct. Birthstone: Opal

1.tcletoaddison

Bonus theme: Textures! Create a tag, and embellish with any of the following textures: burlap, fleece, flannel, wool, or felt.
1. tcletoaddison

Edited by jessicaLB on 09-26-12 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to jessicaLB

I will take one of each please

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to tcletoaddison

So happy to see you here, toni. You always do such a great job. I've been thinking about how hard it will be to do Opal though? The other one was Tourmaline, and that would be hard too

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to jessicaLB

bump

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to jessicaLB

I'm in; both groups please.

Hmmmmm, Opal.... I might try transparency paper and dabbing on light colored ink(s). There are some Stickles that are Opal'ish too. This is going to be as fun (and beautiful) as April with the Diamonds!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to i heart scrapping

Ladies, I think we may have to cancel this one What do you think?

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to jessicaLB

JCI found some paper I plan on using.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

I'm sad to say you may be right Jessica. It's been fun, I was hoping to finish out a full year.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to i heart scrapping

Yeah its ok. It's been a good run! Maybe start again in a few months or more

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to jessicaLB

Well ladies I enjoyed the Swap. Bonnie if you want to continue the rest of the year we can swap with each other that would be fun. I would really like a tag for each month. Are you Game?

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

pm'd you both

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics