Page 1 of 12 
Username Post: CLOSED Ceramic Tile Coasters        (Topic#1581589)
Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Hi! Thanks for checking out my swap! I'm still new at hosting, so please bear with me. If you notice anything that I forgot or you think of something to add, please let me know!

During my last swap, Scrappy_Day mentioned tile coasters. I loved the idea and wanted to make a small set to swap.

TILES: You can use any color or style of tile you find. The only condition is that it must measure 4" x 4" square and it must be ceramic. You can easily find these tiles at most hardware stores. Home Depot sells 4" square ceramic tiles individually - $0.13 for white, $0.48 - $0.58 for colors. Of course, you might also have some laying around from a DIY project!

BASICS: We will be making a set of 2 ceramic tile coasters. Since they will be used as coasters, the final product must have a flat, smooth surface. Make sure to seal your tiles (Glossy Accents, Spray Sealant, Gloss Medium, etc.) so that any liquid spilled on them will not damage your work. So that these coasters don't ruin any surfaces, please add a piece of cork or felt to the back of the tile. Please use good quality embellishments and give your best work. Each tile should feature at least 3 techniques / embellishments. Of course, this is just the minimum. Let your imagination run wild!

QUANTITY: This will be a secret sister swap. You may sign up for a maximum of 2 spots per category. If you have not swapped with me before, please provide at least 2 references (hostesses you've swapped with before). You are responsible for sending a set of 2 coasters to your Secret Sister(s).

PACKAGING: You are responsible for making sure your package arrives safely. Keep in mind that ceramic tiles can break. Please put each tile in a separate bag labeled with your name, SB.com name, and category. Use packing peanuts, paper, bubble wrap, or other packing material around the tiles and in between them.

DUE DATE: Everyone is busy during the holidays! I understand that. However, by signing up for this swap, you are making a commitment to your Secret Sister! Please make sure that your Secret Sister receives her package by 12/5/12. Please be sure to send your DC# via PM when you have mailed. Keep in mind the Post Office usually has significant delays during the holiday season. This swap should be completed before the big rush, but please plan ahead.

Sign ups close October 24, 2012. When you sign up, please PM me your address. I will swap partners by October 26, 2012.

Examples:

Tile Coaster Swap By Melissa Birlem

NO FLAKERS please! I am asking everyone to check in at least once a week to let me know you're still with us. If you need to drop out, just let me know. I am very understanding!

I will put a smiley next to your name once your package arrives.

Categories:

General Winter:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Tammi (Scrappy_Day)
Michelle (Molson) x 2
Sally (LookinForNewIdeas)
LunarEclipse
Teia (tneal40)

Snowmen:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Michelle (Molson) x 2
Ms. Pebbles

Polar Animals:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Bonnie (i_heart_scrapping)

Cookies / Sweets:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Rhonda (yourscrapattack)

General Christmas:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Tammi (Scrappy_Day)
Anna (Provinca) x 2
Ms. Pebbles
Teia (tneal40)

Santa / Old St. Nick:
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Teia (tneal40)

Creators:
= Sent
Melissa.Birlem (hostess)
Tammi (Scrappy_Day)
Michelle (Molson)
Anna (Provinca)8)
Bonnie (i_heart_scrapping)
Ms. Pebbles
LunarEclipse
Teia (tneal40)
Rhonda (yourscrapattack)

Edited by Melissa Birlem on 12-01-12 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Melissa Birlem

Oh I would like to join!!!!
I will take General winter and General Christmas!!! Thanks!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson
In response to scrappy_day

Can I please have:
2 general winter
2 snowmen

thankyou!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to molson

Awesome! Thanks ladies! Adding you now.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

I'll take 2 spots in General Christmas.

So, if these are to be used as actual coasters, they need to be flat and have cork/felt on the bottom correct? Hmmmm . . . I can't remember the last time I made something flat!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to provinca

Anna - I had the same concerns!!! It's been so long since I've kept a project FLAT! It can be done though! I'll add you now.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out! The backs should have either cork or felt on them so they don't ruin a surface. I'll add that to the top post right away!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

to bad my square isnt big enough. i actually picked one up (tile coaster with backing already on it) at the dollar store for .10 . i only got 1 though,. i thought i could use it for the other tile swap but its a lil under 4x4.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to YourScrapAttack

Rhonda, what size is it? Personally, I don't have a problem with it being a little under 4". What do the rest of you think? As long as it can support a good size coffee cup, I'm game.

Expert

I'm fine if it is just a little under 4x4. Like Melissa said, as long as it can hold a drink!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to scrappy_day

I agree.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to provinca

3.5 x 3.5

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to YourScrapAttack

That will work, Rhonda!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

please add me to the polar animals group

Melissa, I love your samples and am especially drawn to the one with the snow-topped trees and house. It's a beauty.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to i heart scrapping

Adding you now, Bonnie. Thanks for joining! Thanks hun, my Mother inspired that tile!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Hope we get some more players!!!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem

Where is everyone???

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Here I am!!!! LOL
With a Dec due date, I should be moved, unpacked and creating like crazy!!!!
Sign me up for Christmas for now. Still pondering on flat embellies that will work.

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Hi Ms. P! Glad you're joining us. I'll add you now. Yeah, that "flat" adjective is really kicking my arse.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

"arse" LOL....cute!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Page 1 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics