Page 1 of 66 
Username Post: Faith*Scrappers - Closed and Active        (Topic#1458407)
DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Faith*Scrappers

Here's the official thread for the new FaithScrappers COF/critique group. Our group is a group of scrapbookers dedicated to growing in our Faith Journey. We are first and foremost a group of friends who support each other and encourage each other in our spiritual growth. We offer supportive suggestions to one another about photos, journaling and scrapbook layouts.

Links to everyone's gallery:
DeAnna - DeAnna Johnson's Album (7/31)
Kim - Kileba14's Album (12/14)
Amy - AmyinFl's Album (11/9)
Deborah - Groovy Deborah's Album (9/9)
Deanna - Musica620's Album
Amparo - mOm23girls' Album (4/11)
Pam - Pam Coston's Album (3/20)
Irenie - Irenie's Album (6/19)
Kimmie - KimBinAK's Album (9/15)
Jerusha - Rusha's Album (11/2)
Red - All Red...'s Album (3/10)
Shari - Shari82199's Album (2/01)
Deborah - Scrapdoggy's Album (7/01)
Melody - FinallyMama's Album (6/3)
Joleen - LadySteel's Place (11/20)
Terri - Ibescrappin's Album (3/29)

Here's the questionnaire so you can copy/paste it for your reply.
1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called?
2. Where are you from?
3. Family?
4. Occupation?
5. Age?
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping?
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do?
8. How would you describe your scrapping style?
9. How long have you been scrapping?
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo?
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line?
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey?
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you?
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group?

May Challenge
hosted by Irene

Spiritual Mentor
All of us have someone that we look up to for guidance or encouragement in our walk with the Lord.
Scrap that person.
1. There needs to be at least one pic,
2. Journaling on why you picked this person, how they have influenced your life, what qualities in that person do you admire and wish to emulate.

Twist: incorporate 1 button, 2 pieces of ribbon and 1 found item. The twist is optional, you don't have to do it but if the winner has done the twist they will get an extra prize in their RAK.

Due the last day of june by midnight.
Have fun and enjoy the challenge.

God bless each of you precious sisters
Pam

Make sure to “allow for public embedding” when you post your layout!

Most of all- have fun and enjoy yourselves!

You Inspire
By Rusha

Spiritual Mentor
By FinallyMama

If Only I Could Be...
By DeAnna Johnson

Proverbs 31 Mom
By ScrapDoggy

Darcy
By Pam Coston

Edited by DeAnna... on 07-05-08 07:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

Here is mine
Jeremiah 29:11

Hope
By DeAnna Johnson

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

Would love to join- are there still openings?

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to DeAnna...

Here is my lo for the Scripture Challenge.
Deborah

Amazing Grace
By Groovy Deborah

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Groovy Deborah

Hey ladies I would like you to meet a couple of our newest members.

1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Pam
2) Where are you from? Oklahoma
3) Family? Yep got one of those Husband and two beautiful daughters Amber and Ashley
4) Occupation? Artist, Caterer and faux finisher
5) Age? got one of those too! 46
6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? does osmosis count??? not enough
7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12x12
How would you describe your scrapping style? Vintage, distressed, unusual & creative
9) How long have you been scrapping? I was scrapping before scrapping was cool
10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Scrolly clear stamps
11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Nope, I like a little of everything
12) Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? To use the talents the Lord has given me to encourage others and to leave a blueprint of myself for generations to come.
13) Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? oh bunches
14) What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to give some of the support, comfort and compassion that God has shown me in my life and recieve support in strengthening my daily walk with the Lord.

Hi everyone! DeAnna invited me to join Faith*Scrappers and I am happy to be here !

1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Kimmie/kim

2) Where are you from? Alaska

3) Family? Hubby, Roger (Rog); DS Chris (32); DS J (25); DD Jen (24); DS Matthew (22) - also have a lovely son-in-law, Ivory (26) and a sweet "daughter-in-love" (Matthew's girlfriend), Kasey, 20

4) Occupation? Homemaker

5) Age? 50

6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Less than one -- I tend to scrap sporadically and do most of my work during crops

7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I enjoy all sizes, but my favorite size to work with is 8x8

How would you describe your scrapping style? Eclectic, colorful

9) How long have you been scrapping? Archivally, 10.5 years - I've always kept scrapbooks and photo albums, though

10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I'm "known" for inking (everything!) and single-photo LOs; also known locally for my gift albums (showers, birthdays, memorial, etc)

11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? I have come to the realization that I'm a paper addict...Basic Grey, DCWaV, Wild Asparagus /Bohemia, etc - also love to use Tim Holtz distress inks and textured cardstock from Bazzill and DCWaV

12) Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I had gotten to a point in my SBing where my motivation and enjoyment had started to dwindle; I went months w/o SBing at all. One day, I joined in a weekly Scripture challenge (at 2 Peas) and re-discovered my joy! Suddenly, creating LOs was fun and easy again and my enthusiasm was back ! I have discovered that scrapping about the Lord and how He works in and affects my life is my primary motivation for scrapping. Also, like some others here have said, I'd like to leave a legacy for my family and loved ones, that will help to guide them to the wonderous love of GOD

13) Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Too many to list!

14) What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? Basically, I hope to make some new friends and sisters-in-Christ by sharing our love for the Lord and for paper-crafting!
Blessings on your day -- kimB

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

This sounds like an awesome group. Are their still openings?

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Shari82199

I made it here to the new thread, DeAnna ! I like having it in the challenge section of the message board.

At the risk of showing my ignorance...how to I save this thread to favorite topics?

Will do my best to make a prayer journal cover and a "favorite Scripture" LO by the 15th. I've created a new "Faith*Scrappers" album in my gallery and will post my items there.

Hello to everyone -- looking forward to knowing you all better through your posts, prayers and creative work ! And HI IRENIE - how fun that we're together in this group!

Love in Christ - kimB

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-03-08 03:21 AM
In response to kimBinAK

. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Jerusha is my real name, you can call me that or you can choose something you like. I am pretty flexible. I have had everything from Jeri to Jeru to Rusha...so it really matters not!
2. Where are you from? Canada
3. Family? I have a wonderful husband named Steve that I have been married to for almost 4 years, and 2 boys - Aiden is 2 and Micah is 4 months old.
4. Occupation? Currently a SAHM, but when Micah is in kindergarten I plan to go back to school for my MEd. so I can teach high school.
5. Age? 25
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? 6-8 hours. I try to scrap when my hubby is working an evening shift and the kids are asleep.
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I usually do 12x12 but I am flexible.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? Experimental!
9. How long have you been scrapping? A year and a half.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I used to be a Creative Memories consultant so I have some of their tools. I only did it for about 3 months (there just is no market here to keep it going) but I don't regret it because I got a lot of their tools at a discount price, it is wonderful!
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Not really, I like a little bit of everything. Whatever I can afford!
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I am really not talented artistically. I have always longed to be! When I started to get into scrapbooking, I really felt that it was something I could do that I did well. And then as my pages started to get better and better I felt that God had finally blessed me with an artistic flair for SOMETHING. It just makes sense to scrapbook my faith journey now that I am getting used to scrapping.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Tons of different people. I love seeing other people's work and wishing I could do it too!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I am not sure what I can give since I am new and not experienced. But we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other's, so maybe He will use me. But I know I can gain some new friends and some inspiration here and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to Rusha

DeAnna, Is there still room?

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to All Red...

Here are my answers to the questions! Iam looking forward to getting to know everyone

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? My given name is Rebecca, I go by Bekki, but I love my nickname of Red best :)
2. Where are you from? Everywhere! I was born in California, lived longest in Virgina, call Illinois home and live in Pennsylvania!
3. Family? Married for 8 years with four children. Miles-6, Owen-5, Fiona-3 1/2, Gwen-22months
4. Occupation? Wife, Homeschool Momma, and Interior Designer for my friends now.
5. Age 33
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Not much Hard to find time with all the children!
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12/12
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really know I haven't given it much thought!
9. How long have you been scrapping? Let's see, since 1992 I think!
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Ink! I love to distress
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? So many...
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I have always wanted to scrap my life map so I can pass it on to my children. I scrapbook all of the other "important" things I shoud focus on what really matters.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Lots, they are all in my favorites!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I don't have anything very deep but I have no one here where I live that scrapbooks and lives thier life according to scripture and following the ways of the Lord. I would love to meet some real people who share the same hobby and thier love of God!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Ok DeAnna, I made a album for this group. There is nothing there yet but hope to get some work done soon!!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Rusha

• Rusha Said:
. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Jerusha is my real name, you can call me that or you can choose something you like. I am pretty flexible. I have had everything from Jeri to Jeru to Rusha...so it really matters not!
2. Where are you from? Canada
3. Family? I have a wonderful husband named Steve that I have been married to for almost 4 years, and 2 boys - Aiden is 2 and Micah is 4 months old.
4. Occupation? Currently a SAHM, but when Micah is in kindergarten I plan to go back to school for my MEd. so I can teach high school.
5. Age? 25
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? 6-8 hours. I try to scrap when my hubby is working an evening shift and the kids are asleep.
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I usually do 12x12 but I am flexible.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? Experimental!
9. How long have you been scrapping? A year and a half.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I used to be a Creative Memories consultant so I have some of their tools. I only did it for about 3 months (there just is no market here to keep it going) but I don't regret it because I got a lot of their tools at a discount price, it is wonderful!
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Not really, I like a little bit of everything. Whatever I can afford!
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I am really not talented artistically. I have always longed to be! When I started to get into scrapbooking, I really felt that it was something I could do that I did well. And then as my pages started to get better and better I felt that God had finally blessed me with an artistic flair for SOMETHING. It just makes sense to scrapbook my faith journey now that I am getting used to scrapping.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Tons of different people. I love seeing other people's work and wishing I could do it too!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I am not sure what I can give since I am new and not experienced. But we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other, so maybe He will use me. But I know I can gain some new friends and some inspiration here and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome, Rusha ! I love what you said toward the end of your post - "...we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other, so maybe He will use me" - well said, Hon -- I look forward to knowing you better, too!

LiC - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

• All Red... Said:
Here are my answers to the questions! Iam looking forward to getting to know everyone

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? My given name is Rebecca, I go by Bekki, but I love my nickname of Red best :)
2. Where are you from? Everywhere! I was born in California, lived longest in Virgina, call Illinois home and live in Pennsylvania!
3. Family? Married for 8 years with four children. Miles-6, Owen-5, Fiona-3 1/2, Gwen-22months
4. Occupation? Wife, Homeschool Momma, and Interior Designer for my friends now.
5. Age 33
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Not much Hard to find time with all the children!
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12/12
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really know I haven't given it much thought!
9. How long have you been scrapping? Let's see, since 1992 I think!
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Ink! I love to distress
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? So many...
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I have always wanted to scrap my life map so I can pass it on to my children. I scrapbook all of the other "important" things I shoud focus on what really matters.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Lots, they are all in my favorites!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I don't have anything very deep but I have no one here where I live that scrapbooks and lives thier life according to scripture and following the ways of the Lord. I would love to meet some real people who share the same hobby and thier love of God!

Woo-Hoo -- Red's Here !! Hi Hon - glad to be in this group with you - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to kimBinAK

Just checking in -- ACU to here and getting off the computer now to work on some LOs -- back later!

LiC - kimB

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kimBinAK

Kim you are so right!!! I heard a preacher one time talking about Paul when he was about to be put in prison and some believers lowered him over the wall in a basket and the preacher said "there's this guy down below holding the rope and praying "God please use me for something significant!" and he's holding 13 books of the new testament in his hands."
We never know how God is using us!
DeAnna

ScrapDoggy
Idol
ScrapDoggy
In response to DeAnna...

If there's still room, I would LOVE to join!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to ScrapDoggy

Checking in -- heading into Anchorage soon, so will check back in later this evening.

Have a blessed Friday, everyone - kimB

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to ScrapDoggy

Hi, everyone, I found my way over here!!
Well, I want to let you all know that the guardianship was made permanent on Wed. The parents showed up and the judge met with them first and told them that no matter what they say in court, he was granting the guardianship. He advised them that if they want to be a part of the boys lives then they should get counseling. In front of the judge the father tried to make my dh look like he was not communicating with them, but I set him straight on that, since I was the one who kept in contact with the mother the first time the youngest ran away to us. When we left the courtroom all the parents wanted to talk about was getting money for the boys cars (this whole time they've wanted us to pay $3,000 for the boys cars that they payed partial on.) After they left, the boys said that nothing had changed and that they didn't think their parents would get counseling.
The oldests teachers have told me that he is such a different person, and he went to the security guard the day it was final and grabbed her hands and told her that it was over (smiling the whole time). She said he was almost giddy with relief!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to musica620

wow your computer goes down for a couple days and suddenly we've got new members and a different thread!! i'm so confused... hehe

Deanna - congratulations on the guardianship!! how exciting!!

i hope you girls have had a fabulous week - i'll be praying for you all!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to kileba14

wait a second...i thought victoria said this month's challenge your favorite verse with a picture of yourself in it? that's the part that made it so complicated for me...did i overcomplicate my life by adding things that weren't there?

Page 1 of 66 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics