Page 1 of 44 
Username Post: Thread Closed.        (Topic#1513357)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-20-09 06:09 PM

Thread Closed.

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to Delete My Account

Great challenge idea! Can't wait to get started. Thanks so much for inviting me to come and play with your group. You are so sweet.

prazdance
Expert
prazdance
In response to Sandie Dunn

Great Challenge, Dawn! I wanna do more than one for this one! LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Dawn...Please count me in!

I'd love to take the Challenge & see what the Lord leads me to scrap this coming month!

Thanks & Bless!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Good Morning Ladies ~ Hope those of you that were rudely awaken - got back to sleep ~

I am excited! Most of the girls on here are ladies I have not "met" before.

I am scrapping tonight at Archivers - I go once a month with my cousin. Hopefully a scrap environment will spark some creativity for this challange.

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL day and a FANTASTIC weekend ~ (((HUGS)))

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to Im a Believer

Good morning ladies! Just checking in to say hi! I can't wait to get to know you all better. I haven't been around sb.com for a while and popped back on and that's when Dawn grabbed my attention. It's so nice to have a safe and comfortable environment to hang out with other ladies of faith.

Dawn, since you posted this challenge, I've had my mind just swirling with ideas... thanks so much for that. There is some work that I haven't done yet and that I think might get done now.

So, what kind of music do you all listen to? I've been listening to a LOT of Tenth Avenue North lately. Does anyone else listen to them? I find them really insightful for such a young age. Here's one of their videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGanAZ2IwM&a mp;feature=...

Enjoy...

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Hi Dawn and everyone else! I would like to be a part of this group and challenge, if it's o.k.! I've got some ideas already.

You guys were talking about CCM and Keith Green from the late 70's-early 80's. Does anybody remember Scott Wesley Brown? He used to come to my college every year. I like Chris Rice, Michael Card, Glad and Casting Crowns. I also like traditional hymns.

Nice to meet everyone!

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to Piratefan21

Oh, a random fact about me - coincidentally to Dawn's fact, I have two sons who are 10 years apart in age - 13 and 23!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Hi Everyone!
Wow! I'm so excited and overwhelmed to have so many new friends all at once. Isn't it great?!

OK, all you insomniacs...we had thunder last night but all is well.

I love almost all Christian music but 2 songs have ministered to me lately: "Finally Home" by Mercy Me and "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. I lost my mom in May and those songs came on the radio immediately after (when I was driving home). PTL! He is so faithful. Oh, yes, my mom is with the Lord. Yes, Sandie, I love that song you mentioned too!!!

Dawn, thanks so much for this challenge. I also have many thoughts whirling around in my head. I hope they stop whirling and take some shape!

Have fun ladies and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Have a great weekend!!!
Laurie

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to campbellkids

Oh no! Not a random fact! I am married to Tom who is an only, adopted child and is the most unselfish man you'll ever meet! I have one stepdaughter who is married with 2 children.

Tracey, I do remember Scott Wesley Brown. I love his music.

Later,
Laurie

prazdance
Expert
prazdance

Good Evening, Jesus Girlz! Got the topics hoppin' I see! Anyone scrapping the scriptures yet? I'm not... I will get started here soon enough. I love to listen to praise and worship, and my all-time lift-me-up song is "I Can Only Imagine" and almost anyone can sing it as far as I'm concerned, LOL! Random facts about me? Um, let's see, Married 25 years to my HS Sweetheart; can't swim but I LOVE the ocean; I'm a bohemian hippy at heart; and I won't eat fish but I LOVE shushi! Go figure!

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to kanary

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great Friday night. Thanks for sharing your fav artists with me... I've been youtub'ing for the past hour or so playing some familiar songs, listening to new ones, and reminiscing over old ones. I've never heard of Keith Green, but it reminded about who I used to listen to all the time when I was little. I used to sit with my parents huge ear phones on and listen to Dallas Holm records while reading my St. Paul comic books, haha! Those are good old memories.

Hmmmm... a few random facts? Let's see... I'm celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary on Tuesday to the man of my dreams (we've been together for 7 years) and he is almost 10 years older than me. I have a wonderful son who is 15 and a bit of a writer. I work full time and scrap part time, haha. Oh, and I have no musical talent to speak of, but LOVE to listen to it.

So, what's up for the weekend?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Sandie Dunn

Hi Ladies!

OK, loving that you all have already quickly filled up 2 pages here while I was away!

It's so refreshing to be graced by godly conversation.

I'm way big into music & scripture. It's one of the main ways that the Lord speaks to me.

(I'm already seeing at least 2 or 3 persons or groups that I haven't heard of, so I'm, loving that!)

Random fact of the day - I keep a running Christian blog. I'd love to have you all add me to your lists! Check out the entry for July 14th.

http://www.kreationsoftheheart.blogspot.com/

Because of my parents, I grew up on Keith Green.

Here's the song that was mentioned that day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgVU_5FsqA

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Also grew up on Barry McGuire, Dion & Leon Patillo!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Did you know a DVD was made kinda like the Gaither videos of all the Christian artists who came out of the Jesus Movement from the 60s and 70s??? It is awesome! 2nd Chapter of Acts, Melody Green, Barry Maguire, Honeytree, and many more. The music and testimonies were amazing!

Karen

You might especially like this link Karen!

There's a great list with album covers included.

So, here ya go!

http://one-way.org/

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to KellyCali

Evening, ladies!

Karen - I went to the University of Virginia.

2nd Chapter of Acts and Dallas Holm - now that takes me back! How about the Imperials, anyone?

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to Piratefan21

Hey Kelly! Fantastic Blog! So inspiring! Who is taking the pictures? They are wonderful! I've added your blog link to my blog... and at the same time finally updated some of my pictures that were long overdue (5 months overdue...) Yikes!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Wow! I had alot to catch up on ~

Dawn ~ First off, I want to Thank You! This was a WONDERFUL idea. I am so excited about this "group".

Laurie - I think maybe your husband and mine maybe "brothers". I am forever amazed by my husband. He truly is the husband I have always prayed for.

Kellycali ~ I will read your blog tomorrow ~ It's late and I wanted to read ever post on this thread.

Sandie ~ Wishing you an early Happy Anniversary ~

Favorite Music?? I like a wide variety. Karen - I must admit - the too LOVE the Hymns - They have a special place in my heart. The words that were written so many years ago have so much depth ~ My Church is more into the Praise Music - of which I like also but I do miss the Hymns of my old church.

The popular artists that I listen to are ~ Jeremy Camp, Mark Shultz, Selah, Mercy Me & Avalon - all of whom I have seen in concert. Dawn - I LOVE Keith Green and I also like Steve Green.

Random Facts?? WOW! How many do you want??

I have 6 children - Josh (28), Emily (23), Jake (21), Josiah (19), Jordan (17), & Hannah (15).

One BEAUTIFUL granddaugher - Ashlynn Devoue (7 months).

The 6 children were from my first marriage which lasted 20 years.

I have remarried - He is the Love of my Life and as stated earlier - he truly is the husband I have always prayed for.

I run a licensed Childcare in my home and am very involved with my Church.

Is that random enough?? LOL

Dawn - I had an awesome time at Archivers tonight.
My cousin and I go once a month. (She is not a Believer - YET!!!!) (Please pray for her - hername is Wende) She is like my sister.

Another random fact - I am an only child and so is my husband ~

My church recently started a ministry called Affinity Groups ~ Members are encouraged to start a "group" based on a hobby in hope of encouraging those that may not normally go to Church - have an opportunity to be engage in their hobby and be around believers that enjoy the same hobby.

Guess what the group does that I started?? LOL

My group is called Memory Makers.

It is a scrap group that meets at my church the 1st Friday of every month.

I have always been intriqued by the reasons people are prone to making friends on-line.

In my own life - I have been hurt by those I have trusted and this is a "safe" way of being vulnerable and having "friends".

As women, we especially long for someone to talk too.

I want each of you to know - I am always here - if you need someone to talk too.

It is awesome to think that we are a group of Believers in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Dawn - I so wish you lived around me - I would LOVE for you to join my cousin and I at Archivers.

I should probably tell you all Good-Night ~

Sorry to be so long winded ~

Have a WONDERFUL weekend! (((HUGS)))

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Morning Girls! Had to check my e-mail, SB.com & Facebook with my morning cup(s) of coffee.

My husband is reading the paper and then we are heading out for a nice walk ~

Then we are off to breakfast ~ We have a date every Saturday morning - There is a chain here called LePeeps - Not sure if any of you have it in your area but they have THE BEST coffee!

Dawn - Find me on FaceBook ~ My name is Judy Salmon ( yes - like the fish ). Not sure if you remembered - Do you remember way back when I met you - like - 3 years ago - you sent me that awesome little easel like "thing" with scripture when you mailed back your puzzle piece?? I still have that proudly displayed in my scrap room.

I should post a picture of it - it is so neat!!

Dawn Dear - YOU TALK TOO MUCH?? Are you kiddening me?? Have you compared your posts to mine?? LOL

You all have to realize - I work with kids all day - most of them don't use the bathroom much less talk! LOL

Karen - You would fit in so perectly with my cousin and I ~

Last night @ Archivers - we were the only ones having talking and having fun ~ The workers always walk by our table and say "You girls are having too much fun!"

It's like that most times we go ~ We actually had two ladies talk to us last night - most of them stick to themselves - I'm kind-of a smiley girl - if I smile at someone - I get a scowl back ~

It's sad -

Dawn - I think we too would have a ball - BUT - I admit I am a neat freak. All my LOs match - in fact I have a friend that calls me THE MATCHY GIRL ~ LOL

She is eclectic. (MS?) Which is Beautiful too - if I tried it - it would look like a disaster.

I power plan and layer my projects in big ziplocs - I already know what I'm doing in my mind - I do all my planning at home and then when I'm at crop I can just glue it all together w/out much thought so I can gab more. LOL

I think it would work though - Wende is messy and I just help her pack up ~

Dawn - I thought you already had the challenge planned?

Don't put so much on yourself ~

To clarify - isn't the topic FRIENDS? and the winner (determined my a drawing) choses the next months theme?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ~ I may not be back on here until Sunday evening ~ we'll see! LOL

Talk to you soon ~

(((HUGS)))

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to Im a Believer

Good Morning everyone!
My this is a chatty, fun group! I'm finding I have to take notes so I don't miss anything! You were right Judy. Women love to talk!!!

Dawn: Thanks so much for your sweet, kind words. No, my mom is not lost. That was so cute! Where are you that you are 3 hrs. ahead of us? You and Nate sound like such a fun couple! You talked about staying pure before marriage and that struck me because I volunteered at Life Services (our local Crisis Pregnancy Ctr) for 8 years and am thinking about doing that again.

Sandie: Happy Anniversary to you. Loved reading that. Also, thanks so much for stopping by my gallery and giving such positive feedback. You're too kind!

Karen: You nut! I never would have pictured big feet!!!! You make me laugh so much...taking your computer to a crop!!! Stalking the forum after midnight? Thanks, my dear friend, for stopping by my gallery to see my mom. Wasn't she cute? Your mom is cute too so you know what I'm talking about.

Kelly: I loved, loved, loved your blog. What a blessing. I want to see more and learn more! You are also a military wife? I have 2 nieces in that same position. One is stationed in Japan right now.

Tracey: Who could forget the Imperials? I think we saw them in concert and we also saw 2nd Chapt. of Acts. Anyone ever seen Carmen live? Whew!

Prazdance: Way to go on 25 yrs of marriage. I have you beat....35 here...we married when we were 5! Also, I'm with Karen on this. Could you please tell us your first name?

Judy: Wow! We do have a lot in common. I tell my husband all the time that he is definitely God's gift to me. I'm so thankful you have that same gift in your life. I could also relate to your comment and also Karen's comment about being hurt by people you trust. Been there...got the t-shirt! It's so great to have everyone here and feel like you can be yourself. I'm also available to ANYONE who needs a shoulder. Oh, yes, my husband and I usually go out for breakfast on Saturday too and we LOVE coffee!!!!!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please let me know.

Now who's long winded???

New topic: Has anyone been to any good women's Bible studies? Karen is going to get sick of me talking about this, but I just HAVE to recommend Beth Moore's Bible study on Esther. Go through it and you will be blessed! Funny, sad, tailored for women and all of our "issues".

OK ladies...I'm done now. WHEW! Hope you all have a really great weekend.

Hugs to all!
L

Page 1 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics