Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Scrap Addicted Progressive        (Topic#1547637)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them- or at least that's where you thought you left it)

At the selected time of the day, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

For today’s progressive we’re going to test our ability to follow “Addicted to Scrapbooking” by Nicole Humphrey. I will list her signs that you are addicted to scrapbooking and you will decide if you “have” or “have not” shown that sign of addiction.

If you want to play for points we have catch-up-athon to earn points and we have more progressive challenges Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We'll have a 1st and 2nd place winner plus a random winner to earn a little RAK.

catch-up-athon is here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

For today’s progressives you will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step will be either using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free chance.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type
****When the challenge has been closed, pm me your favorite layout within 24 hours of the challenge close time
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will get a vote from me for sending in your vote.
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Layouts

50 points
15 1st done on FRI

Doing the Tomatoes By Provinca

50 points
10 2nd done on SAT
25 reasons i love being ADD By MeganAnn Iheartaslan

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-28-10 01:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Sorry for the late start AGAIN. I have had the Black Friday from you know where. I'm gonna take down my laundry before the rain comes in. that should give this thread a chance to gather. be back in a minute

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Does this count as addicted???

Glimmer Mist Shelf (72 bottles) By MeganAnn Iheartaslan

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

That's quite the collection, Megan!! And, ummm, yeah, I would say you may need a 12-step proram for that addiction!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

I do Anna!!! I have a problem! My goal in life is to own EVERY color of Glimmer Mist EVER made!~

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-26-10 10:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

LOL anna that was Weds story. The 12-step program to addiction. Today we're looking at the signs of someone addicted. I guess I did it in the wrong order. We should have done the signs on Weds and the program to breaking away from the addiction (if that is possible today).

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

And one of the today's sign scream MEGAN

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

??? So how many colors are made and how many are in your collection???

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Hmmm, I think I'm becoming addicted to paper. I just can't seem to get enough of it. I keep buying and buying and buying. Then I get home and try to put it with the rest of my paper that's nicely organized and labeled, and I realize there's no more space, but then I buy some more!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

well they come out with 6 colors for every season (winter, spring, summer, fall) every year since 2007 I think PLUS the 60 colors they make year round.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I have probably 67 different colors and 5 that are doubles I have for the colors I use all the time and ones that are running low!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Okay, I may be nuts, but I think while I wait for this one to begin, I'm going to go back to Wednesday's and see if I can get started on that one. I wonder how far I'll get before I get the two of them mixed up!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

That was my worry too--I can't keep it separate and do 2 at the same time, so unfortunately for me I need to do one at a time.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Megan that is a lofty goal. I side more with Anna I keep buying paper, but here's the kicker...I also buy gift wrap that I think would make great scrap pages so my gift wrap collection is stupid ridiculous. Yet I never gift wrap gifts I almost always get gift bags.

I put my Weds aside and hope one day I will finish it. Maybe next time instead of a catch-up-athon we should have a get-it-done-FINALLY-athon .

Any-hoo let's get it in gear

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Standard note for all new players...if any come along

The questions will be posted in blue, and the steps you have to do will be posted in purple. IF YOU FALL BEHIND OR START LATE, PLEASE DO NOT GO FORWARD AND SEE WHAT'S NEXT -- the object is to make your LO progressively; one step at a time based on what you just did.

I ask a question and the first answer posted determines what the step will be. I have a template that looks pretty much like a road map that will determine where the story and the LO goes.

Please ask any questions you have as we go along. It gets kind of confusing, and remember to "refresh" the thread so you're always up-to-date.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

When you reach into your purse, your family scatters - they think you are reaching for that dreaded camera!

Is this true of you? yes/no?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

no, I am very discreet--they never see it coming, so they can't run!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

We were jusst talking about this yesterday -- my kids are always saying "Oh no -- she's gonna scrap this!"

Edited by provinca on 11-26-10 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I need a larger diaper bag or a smaller camera so I can always have it handy.

No: This is only a five minute stage
STEP ONE: select a page you want to scraplift with ONE or more. Add the URL to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a scraplift without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the lift to meet the picture requirement.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics