Page 1 of 24 
Username Post: ~*~FEBRUARY 2011~*~Anything Goes Challenge! Sign Up til 2/10/11!        (Topic#1552267)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

FEBRUARY is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to FEBRUARY's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until FEBRUARY 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than FEBRUARY 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after FEBRUARY 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on FEBRUARY 28th, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

Megan Ann 3/3 GOAL MET!!! 4341 pts 16 DCs
kdsmommy 0/20
amancuso 13/10 GOAL MET!!! 5241 pts 10 DCs
senora_x 28/20 GOAL MET!!! 12053 pts 18 DCs
scrapn2 40/8 GOAL MET!!! 18168 pts 28 DCs
Zolyshka 10/10 GOAL MET!!!! 10768 pts 22 DCs
NewSnow0518 7/7 GOAL MET!!!! 8015 pts 17 DCs
janellie 15/15 GOAL MET!!! 9173 pts 24 DCs
ncyankee 0/15
AshleyLadd 16/15 GOAL MET!!! 7739 pts

MOTIVATIONAL
jadecook
Ms. Schwiet 0/10
jamariel 0/5
B2Hearts
JayAndXansMom 0/6

Edited by Megan Ann on 03-04-11 02:54 PM. Reason for edit: adding totals! pm me yours!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

2/1: Set up your daily challenges blog & siggy for February. Make another blog with 3-10 scrappy goals for this month. +150 pts

2/2: Let's get the month started off right! Take a before pic of your scrap space/scrap room and then clean it up/organize your space so you are ready to scrap this month! Then take an after picture. Share both pics with us for +200 pts!

2/3: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Glimmer Mist!!! It is my favorite scrappy product right now. So, I challenge you to use a misting product on your project (besides water) for +150 pts!

Don't have any? No worries! Here is a link on how to make your own:

http://www.scrap-a-little.com/2009/05/make-your-own -gli...

Don't know HOW to use it? Here are some examples (or you can go to my gallery & check out the over 50 LOs--at least--that I have used Glimmer Mist/Smooch Spritz on):

Quality Time By Kaye222

a boy named alice By ~{Puppet}~

When Lola sleeps.?? By Hernandm

our LITTLE monkey By Megan Ann

glowing By Megan Ann

2/4: Make good use of that needle and thread! Machine or hand-stitch on your layout for +75 pts. If you choose to hand-stitch on your layout and do over 100 hand-stitches then take an additional 75 bonus points! (MAX PTS=150 pts)

2/5: This weekend I have to write a 5 page book review. I don't know why I felt I needed to share, but somehow that inspired my challenge for today. Pick a scrpbooking book, website, blog, etc. and write a (short-75 word) review of it on your sb.com blog for +150 pts! (It does not have to be a positive review--if you found a site that was not helpful at all, let us know so we don't waste our time there too!)

2/6: I am very sleep deprived and it has me thinking about the essentials of life: sleep, food, water....and my MacBook Pro, my cell phone, my iPod, my planner, etc. Do a layout or project (no card) that showcases what/who you cannot live without for +275 pts!

2/7 & 2/8: Take 300 free points for being a very patient & understanding group of ladies!

2/9: It's hump day (as in mid-week) - use a hill, rock, bump, mountain, anything that might represent a "hump", in a layout, card or other project for +150 points. If you can use "hump day" appropriately in a title, you earn an extra +75 points!

2/10: If you could change one thing about yourself or your life, what would it be? Scrap it for +200 points.

2/11: Make something for your Valentine +125 points. Also, this challenge can be used 3 times. For example: if I made my daughter, my husband, and a friend something for Valentines Day I would get to take +125 pts for each one totalling +375 pts.

2/12: Today is the grand opening of our amazingly beautiful new public library - it's incredible! What is your favorite book? Give us a brief "book report" of why it's yor favorite for +100 points. If you can scrap it, make a card or other project relating some how take an extra +175 points.

2/13: FOR TODAY ONLY take an extra +5 points per love / comment (up to a total of +300 extra points) for giving love. After all, Monday is Valentine's Day! XOXO

2/14: One of the newest trends I'm seeing and loving is the use of doilies. So use one on a layout for 150 points or on a card for 75.

2/15: today's challenge is an oldie but goodie! One of my favorite things is to scraplift. I signed up for the scraplift your faves challenge and still haven't completed it yet! So today's challenge is to use those faves you have saved and scraplift one of them for 150 points!

2/16: Create a layout with a title similar to random advice #26, confession # 58, reason #18. Something along those lines! 150 points!

2/17: Today's challenge is another product challenge. I love the look of these new corrugated alphabets and shapes. Use them on a page for 150 or card for 75! If you don't have them (I know I don't!) Use packaging with your diecut machine, a punch or hand cutting! You can leave it raw or mist, paint, or ink! the possiblities are endless!

2/18: TGIF!! Use trim (as in ribbon), gems (as in bling), ink, and flowers! Take 150 points.

2/19: I am always saving stuff to use on my pages! So today I challenge you to add ephemera to your page. It could be tags from products, menus, tickets, etc. for 300 points!

2/20: I have gotten out of the habit of blogging! so today I challenge you to blog. If you don't have a personal blog you can write on any topic here at sb.com. Write at least 150 words for 150 points.

2/21: Make a monochromatic layout! +300 pts (my definition of monochromatic is 75% shades of one color with a max of 25% black & white)

2/22: A day of 2s! Make a duplicate today (a layout, card, ATC, inchie, project, etc.) and take FULL points for the 2nd + 150 daily points!

2/23: Time to update those wish lists! Add 7 or more products to your sb.com wishlist for +125 pts!

2/24: I was looking under the resource tab here on sb.com and realized I do not utilize the resource tab nearly enough! So today find a title, tip, quote, poem, etc. from under the resource tab and share it with us for +75 pts! Use said resource on a project for an additional +75 pts!

2/25: Use a song title or the name of a music artist as the TITLE for your page today! +100 pts If you use lyrics from the song or artist you used for your title take an additional +100 pts!!!

2/26: Use 4 or more pictures on a ONE page layout today! +200 pts

2/27: What supply (excluding paper) do you HOARD? Is it ribbon, flowers, bling, stickers, buttons, ink, chipboard, etc.??? I totally hoard GLIMMER MIST!!! LOVE the stuff and I want to buy every single color! I am well on my way with 84 bottles! Let us know what supply you hoard the most on this thread (excluding paper!) and use that supply on a project for +150 pts.

2/28: Gallery Scavenger Hunt:

Find the following things on projects (LO, card, altered item, etc.) in the scrapbook.com gallery:

1. picture of an inanimate object
2. 2 or more butterflies
3. A title that is EXACTLY 5 words long

Share the 3 projects with us on the AGC thread and take +150 pts!

(You cannot use these!)
EX:
1. Coffee addict By Floliescrap

2. http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/3 135999.ht...

3. OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO By Isay

Edited by Megan Ann on 02-28-11 03:01 AM. Reason for edit: adding challenges!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Megan Ann

I might hang around this month

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

2/21/11~2/28/11

Weekly Photo Challenge: Favorites

Favorite Book +50 pts
Favorite TV Show +50 pts
Favorite Room +50 pts
Favorite Brand +50 pts
Favorite Smell +50 pts

Weekly Challenge: BINGO!

Make a bingo (3 in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) using the following board:

FEB AGC BINGO CARD (WEEKLY CHALLENGE) By Megan Ann

1st bingo layout= +100 pts
2nd (different) bingo layout= +150 pts
3rd (same or different) bingo layout= +250 points

(MAX TOTAL for WEEKLY=500 pts)

2/14/11~2/20/11

Weekly Challenge: There used to be a challenge called Use it or Lose it! It really challenged me to get out those old supplies and put them to use! So this week's challenge is a take on that. of course you won't lose your stash in this weekly but hopefully it encourages you to use it! The challenge is 2 parts. The first part must be completed and posted by Wednesday! Dig through your stash and post a pic of 5 products you hope to use this week! If you post your pic by Wednesday it is worth 50 points. Then you earn 50 points for each of the 5 products you are able to use throughout the week! So the weekly challenge is worth a total of up to 300 points.

Weekly pics challenge (Each pic is worth 50 points):
Valentine
Sweetheart
Kiss
Love
Chocolate

2/7/11~2/13/11

Ok so after a torturous week of agonizing over the weekly challenge, I have decided that this weeks challenge will be to create a TOP TEN LIST of why you scrapbook or anything else that pertains to scrapbooking.

My husband peeked in my scraproom this week and was amazed at all my little trinkets and commented that I must really enjoy scrapbooking if I have all of this stuff! Little does he know that scrapbooking is an incredible outlet for me.

So, please create a TOP TEN LIST of why you scrapbook, what you scrapbook...have fun, be serious...can't wait to see whta we all come up with!

For the weekly challenge: If you just make a TOP TEN LIST you can take +150 pts; if you scrap the list you can take an additional +200 points

Edited by Megan Ann on 02-21-11 01:50 AM. Reason for edit: adding challenges!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

FEBRUARY POINTS LIST!
*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal clips.
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER 3D flower
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glimmer mist or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- PER chipboard or grungeboard shape (NOT letters or numbers in title)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using bling
- for using glossy accents or crackle accents or other epoxy/enamel accents
- for using paint or Stickles
- for having a ONE word title
- for using die cut shapes (not letters/numbers!)
- for using a punch
- for using foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, or vinyl
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using metal items (excluding brads, staples, and eyelets)
- for using the following themes: love, life changes, media (Internet/TV/Books/DVD/CD s, etc.)
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER transparency or overlay used on your project
- PER mask used
- for using embossing (wet or dry)
- for using 5+ shape stickers on your LO (“shape” meaning any stickers except letter stickers)
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

20 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER altered item created

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- for creating your own SKETCH (you DO NOT need to create a LO with it), posting it in your gallery and linking it to this thread

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than ONE month old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, OR colored pic

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for WRITING ON the picture

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- posting a quote you find inspirational, encouraging, or just plain funny (give credit to author if possible!)

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 3 times per day!)

10 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 10)
- for completing a goal on you list of “Goals For the Month of February” list made during the month (MAX # of goals you can take points for per month: 10!)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 400 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
FEBRUARY 2011
1-6 Megan Ann
7-13 kdsmommy
14-20 senora_x
21-28 ???

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

hi Jade!!! You should at least hang out with us!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to Megan Ann

Uggh!! Where did January go? I'd like to sign up for February with 20 LO's again as my goal. And I'll volunteer for a week of challenges if you need help!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to kdsmommy

Sign me up for 10 Los please! I've been stalking the forums for you Megan! I hope you had a good trip!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to amancuso

I'm here. Totally for hangin' out purposes. I'd like to be a 10 page motivational player. With all the pages I have started I surely can complete 10.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Ms.Schwiet

2/1: Set up your daily challenges blog & siggy for February. Make another blog with 3-10 scrappy goals for this month. +150 pts

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in! i'll go with 20 layouts as my goal. I'm halfway there today being snowed in but its a short month and the weekends are busy! I can do a week of challenges although I don't know how creative they will be!

scrapn2
Diva
scrapn2
In response to Megan Ann

I'm back this month for 8 LOs- Here's my Goals and siggy all set up

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to scrapn2

Please sign me up. I need to get back to scrapping.
I will strive for 10 layouts.
Thanks.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to Zolyshka

okay, I'm in again!! I cannot say how much this challenges makes me get my lo's done!! Love that alone!! hehe! =)

My goal will be 7 lo's and I will paypal you the money Megan!

+150 points 2/1 daily!
+10 done same day
=160

**Grand Total 160**
0/7 lo's
0/28 dailies

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to NewSnow0518

darn! was hoping the points list was up! I have 10 layouts uploaded and nothing to do!

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to NewSnow0518

150 - Setup siggy/ blog
010 - Completed 2/1
005 - Dailies Blog
005 - Goals Blog
005 - Update1
___

janellie
Diva