Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: July Use Your Supplies ~ Lottery Month!        (Topic#1560737)
MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW

Welcome to the Use Your Supplies challenge! The goal of this challenge is to use up your stash, getting rid of the old to make room for the new. Spring is finally here, and we're going to clean our supply closets to celebrate!

As every month, we're going to try to reinvigorate our mojo with different twists. For each twist you complete, you'll receive an additional vote for your page! Members were given several options last month and I chose randomly to see who would pick the challenges for the month. So let's see what was chosen!

Week One ~ (#4) Green
The background of your page should be green in July. That's a green piece of cardstock, or a piece of patterned paper that is predominantly green. For a twist, use a green background, a green button, a green ribbon, and green ink on your page.

Week Two ~ (#e) Journaling
We haven't focused on journaling for a while so in order to qualify for this week you should have at least 50 words of journaling visible on the page in a journaling block. For a twist, include another 50 words on one of the following: around a photo, around the page border, in a circle, on a hidden tag.

Week Three ~ (#5) Stickers
Dig into your stash for this one. Your challenge this week is to use at least 3 different stickers on your page. That's 3 different packages, not just 3 different from the same package! For a twist, alter the sticker in some form so that it is different from the original!

Week Four ~ (#d) Stickers + Sewing
For this week, you are going to combine stickers with sewing! Include at least 3 stickers on your page, and sewing of some kind. If you don't necessarily want to sew ON your page, you can use rub ons or doodle stitches onto your page. For a twist, combine the stickers and sewing for a custom-made embellishment!

Rules:
1. Layouts can done for this challenge and other challenges. Due to the fact that we are using up supplies, digital layouts will not qualify. Also, your layout must be created and then posted to this thread between July 1, 2011 and midnight on July 31, 2011 in order to qualify. If you finish all four weeks, you will receive an extra vote for each page!

2. Any size layout that is 8 x 8 or larger will qualify.

3. Post in your gallery and leave a link on this forum thread. Please allow public embedding on your pages! I am going to be a little relaxed on the deadlines, so long as all four layouts are in by the end of the month, that's fine. To be clear there need to be four different layouts, one for each category. In other words, you can't create one layout and have it entered for voting in more than one category. Also, you're welcome to share pages you've created, so long as they use the supplies we're trying to use up this month!

4. Explain your technique.

5. Leave love for the other participants!

6. Starting August 2, we will PM our votes. Please send me the number next to your favorite LO for each week (for a total of 4 votes) plus the number of your LO for that week so I can give you your vote-vote (make sense?).

The poll will be posted August 7, around 6 pm central. Votes will be accepted until that time.

Now... let's get to using that stash!!

Participants (in alphabetical order) - weeks completed

MelissaW
scrapperbee

Edited by MelissaW on 07-01-11 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to scrapperbee

Week 1

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

Week 2

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

Week 3

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

Week 4

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

I want to make sure I point out that we won't be voting until the 2nd of August because the last two days of July are dedicated to my youngest son's birthday and party! I don't want to have to take time from that to update the thread for voting on the first. This will give me plenty of time to get it all done. I hope nobody minds!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

Melissa, I deleted my first post--didn't realize how quick I did it. But yes, I do intend to get a lot of lo's done this month.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to scrapperbee

• scrapperbee Said:
Melissa, I deleted my first post--didn't realize how quick I did it. But yes, I do intend to get a lot of lo's done this month.

Thank you! No, I realized I'd forgotten to post those before posting the thread. I wasn't going to ask you to delete it, but I appreciate it!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MelissaW

I'm going to put this in my favorites and see what happens. I'll try my best - that's all I can say. I got plenty of stash to use up. Maybe this will help make a dent in it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I'll give this a try too!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to tinadn

This was challenging and I liked using my stash of items... I'm again.

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Lookin4newideas

count me in!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to SplendidMoments

Hope I can get this one done!!! I've signed up for so many but with my new scrap area set up, I'm eager to get to work!!!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to littleMRSimelda

I am going to do better this month and get this challenge done. I was crazy busy last month with my kids graduations and the party, amoung other things. I have my DD's baby shower on the 8th but after that I am free as a bird.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to jazzescrapper

Count me in!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to denayc

Week 3 with the twist, I cut one of the arrows, was a 90 angle, I made straight.
Lucas Oil Stadium By Tinadn

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to tinadn

ok... count me I... I think I am going to have to take a weeks worth of holidays to complete all these challenges but I am so addicted!!! I plan to make a serious dent in my scrap bin this month

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to leokc34

I am in and almost done with week 1 !!! woot!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to mommaprov

I am in.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to lindaj3

I would like to do some if not all of these...may be biting off more than I can chew.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics