Welcome to the Use Your Supplies challenge! The goal of this challenge is to use up your stash, getting rid of the old to make room for the new. Spring is finally here, and we're going to clean our supply closets to celebrate!
As every month, we're going to try to reinvigorate our mojo with different twists. For each twist you complete, you'll receive an additional vote for your page! Members were given several options last month and I chose randomly to see who would pick the challenges for the month. So let's see what was chosen!
Week One ~ (#4) Green
The background of your page should be green in July. That's a green piece of cardstock, or a piece of patterned paper that is predominantly green. For a twist, use a green background, a green button, a green ribbon, and green ink on your page.
Week Two ~ (#e) Journaling
We haven't focused on journaling for a while so in order to qualify for this week you should have at least 50 words of journaling visible on the page in a journaling block. For a twist, include another 50 words on one of the following: around a photo, around the page border, in a circle, on a hidden tag.
Week Three ~ (#5) Stickers
Dig into your stash for this one. Your challenge this week is to use at least 3 different stickers on your page. That's 3 different packages, not just 3 different from the same package! For a twist, alter the sticker in some form so that it is different from the original!
Week Four ~ (#d) Stickers + Sewing
For this week, you are going to combine stickers with sewing! Include at least 3 stickers on your page, and sewing of some kind. If you don't necessarily want to sew ON your page, you can use rub ons or doodle stitches onto your page. For a twist, combine the stickers and sewing for a custom-made embellishment!
1. Layouts can done for this challenge and other challenges. Due to the fact that we are using up supplies, digital layouts will not qualify. Also, your layout must be created and then posted to this thread between July 1, 2011 and midnight on July 31, 2011 in order to qualify. If you finish all four weeks, you will receive an extra vote for each page!
2. Any size layout that is 8 x 8 or larger will qualify.
3. Post in your gallery and leave a link on this forum thread. Please allow public embedding on your pages! I am going to be a little relaxed on the deadlines, so long as all four layouts are in by the end of the month, that's fine. To be clear there need to be four different layouts, one for each category. In other words, you can't create one layout and have it entered for voting in more than one category. Also, you're welcome to share pages you've created, so long as they use the supplies we're trying to use up this month!
4. Explain your technique.
5. Leave love for the other participants!
6. Starting August 2, we will PM our votes. Please send me the number next to your favorite LO for each week (for a total of 4 votes) plus the number of your LO for that week so I can give you your vote-vote (make sense?).
The poll will be posted August 7, around 6 pm central. Votes will be accepted until that time.
Now... let's get to using that stash!!
Participants (in alphabetical order) - weeks completed