Time to vote, girls!
I host SEVEN different challenges, so please title the PM with the words MONOCHROME VOTES.
It is EASIER for me total votes if you use the layout NUMBERS instead of the titles.
Please tell me the numbers of your top 3 favorites for each color week, as well as your number and twist (if you did one).
I'll take votes through Sunday and then I'll post winners in the July forum.
I hope you can make it to the July monochrome - even if it's just for one color - but if not, thanks for playing and hope to see you again soon!
June - the month of summer brides, summer vacations, and summer gardens.
There is something amazing about a garden. Starting in the spring, you dig up the dirt, till up some rows, plant some seeds, wait for God to water them (or give him a helping hand with the hose), and just like magic little green shoots start popping up from the ground. It's like they just know you want to watch them grow.
I'm fascinated by my garden - the smell of the tomato leaves, the sensation of the okra pods with their fuzzy outer coating, the asparagus shoots that stand like little military sentries waiting for their turn to do duty at the dinner table, the carrot frond tops which splay wide to cover the bounty hidden beneath them underground, and the squash and eggplants that grow with such abandon that they threaten to take over every square inch of garden space.
Mmmmm. Abundance. That's June.
Enjoy these, and make sure to spend some time on your porch watching the world go by.
Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.
1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.
2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.
NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."
*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!
3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.
4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!
5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!
6. I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.
7. Layouts must be new as of today and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time June 3oth . After the final posts are updated, I'll collect votes.
READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!
Week 1 - Apricot
Pure Bliss by Pam In TX
Week 2 - Teal
Swimming with the Dolphins by PamStewart.Iowa
Week 3 - Carnation
Nature Girls by SonjaC
Week 4 - Poppy
Dairy Queen by Cox3349