Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: ~*~September Monochrome Challenge~*~ TIME TO VOTE!        (Topic#1580147)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok, girls. Front page is updated, and I'm calling for votes.

Let's say top 3.

Color and Layout # please. It's easier for me that way.

Be sure to label your PM title MONOCHROME votes so I can sort it quickly!

I'll take all votes TODAY and TOMORROW (Monday and Tuesday) so I can get a winner posted before I leave for Italy.

Thanks for playing ladies! As always, this has been an amazing month of projects!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the monthly Monochrome Layout Challenge for September.

Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.

1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.

2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.

NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."

*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!

3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.

4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!

5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

7. Layouts must be new as of today and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time September 30th . After the final posts are updated, I'll collect votes.

READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!

August Winners

Week 1 - Cloudless Sky
Sisters by Pam In TX

Week 2 - Dust Bowl
Dust Bowl by FinallyMama

Week 3 - Wildfires
Boo! by DreaSlee

Week 4 - School Bus
Freckles by NMscrapper

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

September.... Every September, the fashion industry steps out onto the runways and says, "hey, here's what it means to be in style for this fall."

I'm not much into high fashion, but I do like seeing the color trends because shortly afterward, those colors start popping up in all the windows in the malls, the notebooks in the office supply stores, and the halters in my local feed store.

This year, the colors are just down right lovely, and I think we all need to make a fashion statement every now and then. This month, let's do that on our layouts. Presenting four of the 2012 Fall Pantone Fashion Colors.

Enjoy these, and make sure to spend some time on your porch watching the world go by.

Olympian Blue

Titanium

Rhapsody

Flambe'

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Olympian Blue

Twist : Athletic Events
Inspirational Quote : The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well. ~Pierre de Coubertin

*1. Real Life by GentlewoodFarms

2. Kissed by a Dolphin by PamStewart.Iowa

*3 All-American by NMscrapper

*4. Bats by Tracy F

5. Faith. Hope. Love. by FinallyMama

*6. Remember by Msmama

7. WW Miniatures by DaNel Hicks

8. ONE! by MrsCDJ

*9. basket racer by Pam In TX

*10. Beer Pong by Denielle.c.podraza

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Titanium

Twist : Music Music Music
Inspirational Quote : You shoot me down but I won't fall...I am titanium. ~David Guetta

*1. Crazy Love by LesleyC

*2. Room with a View by Tracy F

3. Valley of the Shadow by GentlewoodFarms

4. Monochrome Titanium by FinallyMama

*5. Look for the Silver Lining by NMscrapper

6. 1954 by MrsCDJ

7. The Equipment by DaNel Hicks

8. Chapter 1:The beginning by Denielle.c.podraza

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Rhapsody

Twist : Quilt Blocking
Inspirational Quote : I heard it as a sort of musical kaleidoscope of America, of our vast melting pot, of our unduplicated national pep, of our blues, our metropolitan madness. ~George Gershwin (on Rhapsody in Blue)

1. Daddy's Dance by LesleyC

2. Thunder by DaNel Hicks

3. Adventure Time by PamStewart.Iowa

*4. Sparky - attempting adventure by Charcats7

*5. Untitled by Tracy F

6. Sissy by MrsCDJ

7. laugh by Denielle.c.podraza

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Flambe'

Twist : Chipboard Elements
Inspirational Quote : You can't expect a true gourmet to settle for mere fish flambe. My diet screams for triple-star Beluga caviar. ~Fat Cat

1. Strength by PalmersMom

*2. Think Pink (So Very Girly) by LesleyC

*3. Smile by Tracy F

4. Flambe' by FinallyMama

5. Gracie by MrsCDJ

*6. life is good by Denielle.c.podraza

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

Oh yeah. Great colors. I'm in

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Pam in TX

I'll see what I can do!! Sometimes it works for me, and sometimes it doesn't!!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to FinallyMama

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm in . . .

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to NMscrapper

YAY this looks fun!!! We shall see if I can keep my monochrome mind moving! The rhapsody and Flambe are going to be hard because i mainly do boy LOs!!

we shall see!!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to denielle.c.podraza

I'll sign up, but probably will only get to a couple this month! Great colors!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to LesleyC

Great colour choices, I'll try and get all four done.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to sasload4

Great color choices! I'm in!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Tracy F

ooohh, pretty colors.. I'm going to try to get back in the mood this month.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Lookin4newideas

What a great way to pick the colors and they are beautiful. Not sure I would wear flambe' but it will make one heck of a page!

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

Count me in!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
What a great way to pick the colors and they are beautiful. Not sure I would wear flambe' but it will make one heck of a page!

LoL.

Years ago, I actually had a silk jacket that was that color. I wore it with a banana colored shirt and a plaid skirt that was the same pink, yellow, and had some lavender in it. I looked like a great big flower.

But man, I loved that jacket. I wore it for my DH and my engagement photos 23 years ago.

Proof :

Adore

I finally wore out the elbows.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

JCI

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • PamStewart.Iowa Said:

LoL.

Years ago, I actually had a silk jacket that was that color. I wore it with a banana colored shirt and a plaid skirt that was the same pink, yellow, and had some lavender in it. I looked like a great big flower.

But man, I loved that jacket. I wore it for my DH and my engagement photos 23 years ago.

Proof :

Adore

I finally wore out the elbows.

Wow! I love it! What a great memory! You look fantastic - but then you look fantastic now, so what did I expect! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jen E
Jen E 
Guru
Jen E
  • Jen E on 08-30-12 06:03 PM

Love these colors! The twist.....does that include the quotes too or just the embellies/technique?

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics