Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1581229)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the October BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of October that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed a twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Another change this month - each person is going to keep track of their own spending and purchases - I would suggest let me know your budget and wish list - I will keep add that to the front page - then each time you spend something - you copy your total and substract to give what's left.

Tammy
BUDGET: $100
WISH LIST: Stamp Set for Thanksgiving cards, Halloween Card items, Organizers for my dies

Pat
BUDGET: tbd post Italy
WISH LIST:

Katie - personal
BUDGET:
WISH LIST:

Katie - community ed
BUDGET:
WISH LIST:

Lesley
Budget: $100
Items: paper/cardstock for holiday cards, Fancy Pants hopscotch collection, 3 ring album (will buy when on sale at hobby lobby)

Sonja
Budget: $80 + $50 Expo
Wishlist: Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Sew Easy 'Star' and 'Loop' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, Faber-Castel Gelatos, $1 bin must haves at Expo, Pink Paislee 'Artisan collection' stars, arrows, family words and flowers, decorative tapes, Prima word embellies, Prima Soubrette blue and orange sets,
Twist: NO Cricut Carts!! No more baby papers!

Tina
BUDGET: $50
WISH LIST: Impulse

Courtney
Budget: $50
Wishlist: SOME HC stamps LOL, Websters Pages Royal Christmas

Kelly
Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms Punch, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set,maybe some HF creations stamps and dies
Twist: flowers, leaves, bling, ribbon, buttons, embellishments other than what is listed above

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-04-12 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Tammy

This looks like it will work better for whomever is hosting. :-)

I'm going to set a budget when I get back from Italy. I won't be spending anything between now and then anyway, and I'll have to check how much money I have left after I'm done being a tourist!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Yay for a new month to blow my budget! I'm going to have 2 budgets, one for personal use and one for my community ed classes. What will be the best way to track this?

Tammy, I like the changes you did this month.

Pat, where will you be going in Italy? I was study abroad there in 2006.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to kdinsmore

Ok, I need this. Question: Does $ for crop fees count? What about photo processing?

Items: paper/cardstock for holiday cards, Fancy Pants hopscotch collection, 3 ring album (will buy when on sale at hobby lobby)

Edited by LesleyC on 09-30-12 06:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to LesleyC

Well we all know I'm back in! My budget will be tough this month tho... I have Expo in two weeks, a crop and two classes this month (already paid for)! Hummmm....

Budget: $80-10=$70-10=$60 + $50 Expo
Wishlist: Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Sew Easy 'Star' and 'Loop' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, Faber-Castel Gelatos, $1 bin must haves at Expo, Pink Paislee 'Artisan collection' stars, arrows, family words and flowers, decorative tapes, Prima word embellies, Prima Soubrette blue and orange sets,
Twist: NO Cricut Carts!! No more baby papers!

Edited by SonjaC on 10-12-12 02:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Yay Lesley! Welcome to our group! I won't answer for everyone, but we don't count printing for photos since we wouldn't have pages w/o those photos! As for crop fees, if I recall, that's up to you, but I think most of us count them???

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:

Um...

Florence, Arezzo, Piza, Cinque Terra, Milan, Venice

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies I am back for this too.
I will stick with a $50 budget for impulse buys.
I don't need a thing.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I am going to be really conservative this month....vacation in November so I have to be disciplined...

That is it!! i need nothing else!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

what Courtney - not Nutcracker Suite??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Hi Lesley my friend - welcome! we do not count photo processing and most of do not count adhesives. Most people do count crop fees but that is up to you. Some are more rigid with their spending then others!.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

OK, whew! Glad we don't have to report photo processing. And I realized I paid for my October crop in September, so I'm good there.

I spent $35 of my $100, lol. At Hobby Lobby:
-blank holiday cards and envelopes - $6.00 for 50 cards and envelopes
-blank tags (I use these for journaling) - $1 for 15 large and $1 for 20 medium
-Tim Holtz walnut stain, pumice stone and faded jeans inks - 30% off.

I think paper packs will be 50% off at HL next week (sad that I have their sale schedule memorized, lol!), so that would make it $10.

I really don't want anything else, and really need to be conservative as I spent WAY too much scrap money last month. I should really save the majority of my funds for October 26 - Lisa and I are cropping again at a great LSS, and I can get things there that I can't get anywhere else.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to LesleyC

I'm in again. I'm leaving on vacation the 13th, so I really shouldn't spend a dime, but you know I won't be able to resist. I'll be back with a budget and wishlist.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • kdinsmore Said:

Um...

Florence, Arezzo, Piza, Cinque Terra, Milan, Venice

Ack! I lived in Florence and visited Piza and Cinque Terra. CT was my favorite place, as it was so sunny and warm. I got such a horrid sunburn and went into the ocean for the 1st time in my life. It is so beautiful there too. So jealous and happy for you.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
I am going to be really conservative this month....vacation in November so I have to be disciplined...

I must admit, Courtney, I snorted a little when I read your budget for this month... FIFTY?! That's IT?!

I'm sorry I should be more supportive... YOU can DO it!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
what Courtney - not Nutcracker Suite??

LOL I already have nutcracker suite Tammy...i think i got that in one of my splurges last month LOL...

Ok so you I spent $35 last night when I went to visit Kelly LOL...I did get the Websters Pages Christmas and I just had to have Teresa Collins Christmas because it was beautiful...I also got embellies and chippies for both collections....Can I hold out on HC....probably not but Im going to try LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • newtoscrapping2011 Said:

I must admit, Courtney, I snorted a little when I read your budget for this month... FIFTY?! That's IT?!

I'm sorry I should be more supportive... YOU can DO it!!!

Lmao you are so lucky i heart you...I must admit even I snorted a little when I posted it LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so here is how I am keeping track - each time I spend money - I will mark it off and strike off my wishlist - I copied from the first post

Tammy
BUDGET: $100-$55=$45
WISH LIST: Stamp Set for Thanksgiving cards, Halloween Card items, Organizers for my dies

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-02-12 11:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

so if i dont strike it out that means i havent spent it right hehehehe...i will work on this later LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

LMAO Courtney!! You're lucky I heart you too or I'd really pick on you for that spend... That Websters collection is B.E.A.Utiful! I will resist!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics