Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: ~*~November MONOCHROME!        (Topic#1582289)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Welcome to the monthly Monochrome Layout Challenge for November.

Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.

1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.

2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.

NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."

*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!

3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.

4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!

5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

7. Layouts must be new as of today and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time November 30th . After the final posts are updated, I'll collect votes.

READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!

October Winners
(chosen by Random.org)

Week 1 - Jack-O-Lantern
Ohio Trip 2012 by PamStewart.Iowa

Week 2 - Gooey Ooze
Savannah St. Pattys Day Parade by Denielle.c.podraza

Week 3 - Black Cat
Aunt Helen by FinallyMama

Week 4 - Magic Potion
Slugger by Msmama

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

November. The month when the trees officially call it quits for the year and drop their leaves into the grass, where they are raked up into piles of fun for our kids to jump in.

November. The month when the winter harvests of cold season vegetables explode in the colors of fall itself - blue corn, orange pumpkins, yellow squashes, and ruby apples.

November. The month when our thoughts turn to the blessings of home, health, and family gathered around our Thanksgiving tables.

November. The month of chill in the morning air and warmth of the afternoon sun, weather that just invites games of touch football in the backyards of our neighborhoods.

November. The month that reminds us what it means to be blessed. Hope your month is full of the blessings of family and friends!

Enjoy these, and make sure to spend some time on your porch watching the world go by.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 1 - Fallen Leaves

Inspirational Quote: I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. ~Leo Buscaglia
Twist : Childhood Games...

*1. Thomas Wild West Sheriff by PamStewart.Iowa

2. Monterosso by GentlewoodFarms

*3. Twister by Beck_bear

4. Harriet Tubman by FinallyMama

*5. Albert & Alberta by Vincarash

*6. Pumpkins by Pam In TX

7. Enjoy by Msmama

8. Autum by Axelf85

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 2 - Blue Corn

Inspirational Quote: The goldenrod is yellow, The corn is turning brown, The trees in apple orchards, With fruit are bending down. ~Helen Hunt Jackson
Twist : I'm All Ears...

*1. Balloons and Leaves by Beck_bear

2. Baby Aiden by FinallyMama

3. Surfer Girl by GentlewoodFarms

4. You shine Everyday by Vincarash

5. Boo! by Axelf85

6. Leea's Quilt by PamStewart.Iowa

7. Christmas 1961 by ChansGram

*8. Bunny by Msmama

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 3 - Thanksgiving Turkey

Inspirational Quote: If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down. ~Tony Snow
Twist : I Am Blessed...

*1. Halloween 2012 by PamStewart.Iowa

*2. 5 Things I am thankful for by Beck_bear

*3. Blessed by Tracy F

*4. Blessed by Pam In TX

*5. Fall hike by OlesyaK.

*6. BLESSED FAMILY by Sasload4

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Color 4 - Football Field

Inspirational Quote: Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck
Twist : Go Team...

*1. Darrel-Suzanne Americana by PamStewart.Iowa

2. Matthew 6:28-30 by FinallyMama

*3. Go Eskies Go by Beck_bear

4. Light Hearted by GentlewoodFarms

5. 1968 by Msmama

6. Abandoned Cabin by Dancinirish90

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I'll give this a try again!! I'll be thinking on it!! Thanks for hosting!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to FinallyMama

I'm in again!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ
In response to NMscrapper

I'm in again!

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to MrsCDJ

Im in again!

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to denielle.c.podraza

Challenging! Count me in.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

count me in

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to msmama

I'm not sure I've ever done a mono LO, let alone a challenge for it- so I wanna give it a whirl!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to ChansGram

Love these colors. I'm in.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Pam in TX

I am planning on participating- weekends are pretty full this month- but I will definitely try.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
I'm not sure I've ever done a mono LO, let alone a challenge for it- so I wanna give it a whirl!

Welcome Trish - challenges are great & this one is a great one to start on. I have quickly become addicted to challenges- they propel me forward to make some beautiful pages- stretch my thinking & abilities. Have fun- jump right on in to the conversation too- don't be shy

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:

Trish,

The best piece of advice I can give you is to clear your desk of ANYthing that is not the challenge color or an approved neutral.

It's really easy to make a goof when that pretty pink flower looks SO great on that dark rust project.

If you have only the monochrome color at hand, then you're less likely to diverge into the realm of the duo-tones.

Double check the neutral palettes before adding anything not the approved color.

MINOR color diversions caused from patterns in paper are ok, provided they are not glaringly obvious, so go with a very small print if you choose to use one, and make sure that the dominant color is the thing you see.

Monochrome is challenging, but it's SUPER fun. Scroll back through a few of the previous challenges and see what our players have done with their options each month. It's a wonderful study in creativity.

October Monochrome Challenge

September Monochrome Challenge

August Monochrome Challenge

July Monochrome Challenge

Those are only the past few. There are loads more if you want to do a search.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Working on this!! :P I really want to do the blue!! I bought 8 sheets of blue paper...all different yesterday in hopes of getting one to match the pp I want to use!! Guess what?? NONE were a match!! I think I'm just gonna have to make the closest one work!!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to FinallyMama

this sounds challenging so I'm going to give it a whirl

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to beck_bear

oh I love the new colors! and thanks for not putting up the white - we can wait for the snow until december ))))))

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics