Username Post: ~*~April Leftovers Layout Challenge~*~        (Topic#1586681)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Here's another that I've resurrected from before I was retired and had no time to keep up with my life, much less the challenges that I loved to host. And it's one that my scrap box is screaming decidedly for me to get it back to work.

This one is SIMILAR to a "use your scraps" challenge, only it has a SIGNIFICANT twist. You may use any sketch or lift any layout you like, or you may create your own from scratch, but the rule is...

You may only use things that you have left over from from other projects that you have finished. In other words, your entire layout will be made up completely of "leftovers."

1. You cannot cut or use an **unused or fresh sheet** of paper or cardstock, not even for the background.

(Yep, you read that right. Not even for the background.)

2. You cannot use a new roll of ribbon or fiber.

3. You cannot open a new package of any type of embellishment.

4. No fresh ink or new adhesive packages either. If you run out in the middle of your project, you'll have to improvise!

Handmade embellishments, provided that they are made from LEFTOVER materials, are ok. Typical examples are handmade flowers, leaves, piecework images, etc.
Printed images (such as butterflies) that you have left over from another project are allowed.

Newly created titles or printed objects are outside the heart of this challenge. Examples are printed or diecut titles or images (such as butterflies) that you print from your computer created specifically for your Leftovers Layout project.

RAK BONUS! USED UP TWIST POINTS
Each each package of product that you "finish up" on your layout counts as one twist point. In other words, ANY package of left over product you use up, empty out, finish up, and toss out on your layout will count. If you use up the last of that ratty old cat-eye ink and toss it into the trash when you've finished your LO, you can count it. I'll even let you include paper or cardstock as a twist item, provided the piece you start with is at least a 36 square inch piece (that means it's either 6x6 or 3x12 or 4x9 or some other product that produces 36.)

Twist points are cumulative. You can create as many layouts as you want for this challenge - provided they ALL meet the challenge specs and contain NO NEW PRODUCT - and add the twist points as a running total for the entire month.

TWIST POINTS ARE ONLY FOR PRODUCT THAT YOU USE UP. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING LEFT OVER - A SINGLE BRAD, AN INCH OF RIBBON, A BIT OF BLING - YOU CANNOT COUNT THAT ITEM AS TWIST POINTS. YOU HAVE TO USE IT ALL! THIS GOES FOR PAPER AS WELL. NO PIECE INTO THE TRASH OR BACK TO THE SCRAP BOX, NO MATTER HOW SMALL. YOU HAVE TO USE UP THE WHOLE SCRAP IF YOU WANT TO COUNT IT FOR POINTS, SO PLAN YOUR PROJECT ACCORDINGLY!

You are responsible to count how many twists you've included on your project. When you post your project, you MUST list the twist points in order to qualify for the RAK Bonus. The LO with the most twist points at the end of the month will be declared the challenge winner and will receive a small RAK from me - like we all need more stash, right???

** You do not have to use up everything you use on your layout. It is fine to use two of the last three flowers you have in a package. You just wouldn't be able to count those for twist points. In my layout below, I have six sheets of paper at work, five of which I used up and counted, one of which I still had part of left and didn't count. The point is - NOTHING you see on this layout came from a new sheet or a new package.

Layouts must be new as of TODAY. Challenge ends the last day of the month!

Enter as many LOs as you wish. Stretch yourself creatively and frugally!
No sign up required.

Here's a sample from my gallery :
Happiness by GentlewoodFarms

Twist Points = 6
1 - The background had a big hole where I'd cut a photo mat out of it.
2 - The long vertical piece is all gone.
3 - The yellow that the flourishes came out of is gone.
4 - The flower was a last of the group of handmades from another project a couple of years ago.
5 - The photo mat paper.
6 - The floral print. I had two of these from a project that I'd fussy cut some big flowers out of, but I only used up ONE of the left over pieces. I still have part of the other one left.

Ok. That's the game. Who wants to play?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

MARCH TWIST POINTS WINNER!

Tinadn Total Points = 18
10-4 good buddy = 10 points

Maid of Honor = 8 points

(PM me your addy and I'll fix you UP!)

APRIL Players and Projects

1. army strong **memory maze** by Erin Reed - Ekr1432

2. Bow fishing by Tinadn

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks Pat, how exciting!

I want in again too.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to tinadn

I'd like in could use some motivation to work on using the scraps that are overflowing.

fabricfrenzy
Guru
fabricfrenzy
In response to AuntyT

Awesome Tina!!! I know it is a LOT HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!!!
But,.....a hole lota fun!! I am in again!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to fabricfrenzy

I will give it ago Im not good at keeping scraps but I have a stash from these months layouts

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

Welcome back to all the veterans and hello to all the newbies. Nice to see you girls here!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

I am always using leftovers- not usually for the bg tho- will try this....

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to charcats7

Trying not to sign up for too many challenges... I just can't keep up w/ the commenting aspect of it... but this challenge I LOVE so I will definitely be trying to join in on this one!!!

Adding to faves!

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to Doreena

here is mine, i used all kinds of leftovers for this

army strong **memory maze** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Erin Reed -

Bow fishing By Tinadn

I believe only 3 points for papers used as the background.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to tinadn

ACU

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Tina - I just found your RAK package under some stuff on my scrap desk. I guess I haven't mailed it yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

no problem

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to tinadn

hi everyone

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to charcats7

Had to share this one. Not everything is leftover but it was inspired by our hostess.
wedding By Tinadn

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to tinadn

That LO is STUNNING Tina - I'd make it a FAV but can't find the button on the page

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to charcats7

Thanks Char, took me a while to find that change too, but it is in the top right corner when you are in my gallery on that page.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics