Username Post: WINNERS - June 2014 Kit Club Challenge: Nautical Days        (Topic#1596673)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 06-04-14 10:39 AM

The June Kit Club winners are:

OlesyaK.
BearFamily

Congratulations ladies!! Please PM me with your full name and physical mailing address and I'll get your prize in the mail

_________________________ _________________

Be a part of our Monthly Kit Club! When you subscribe you save $5 or more per kit! There is NEVER an obligation to buy and there are no strings attached.

http://store.scrapbook.com/brand/scrapbook+com+k it+club...

This Month's CHALLENGES for the Nautical Days Kit are:

1) Use our newest sketch

2) Create a tribute layout to your favorite beach accessory (i.e. towel, bikini, sunglasses, pail and shovel, umbrella, sun hat, sunscreen, etc.)

3) Create a layout with at least one map.

4) Create a layout, card, or project using all 4 alphabet colors, at least 3 stamps, and at least 6 different patterned papers.

View Challenge Here: June 2014 Kit Club Challenge: Nautical Days
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 06-04-14 11:23 AM
In response to Kels

OKie dokie - I managed 3 of the 4 challenges this month! LOL! Here they are:

1) Sketch

2) A tribute to my (and my daughter's) favorite beach accessory

4) 4 alphas, 3 stamps, 6 patterned papers
--- ACK!! I forgot the stamps! LOL! I guess that means I really only completed 2.5 of the 4 challenges ;-) ---

Pretty please share what you create with this month's kit - I can't wait to see your projects :)

PS - Don't forget your stamps!!

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 06-04-14 12:25 PM
In response to Kels

I love the new Scrapbook.com June Kit. At first glance I wasn't sure which of the pieces were going to inspire me because they all seemed to meld together. But after I looked at the challenge, the package of stars sparked something in my brain. I've wanted to do a layout for a grandson with whom I share a special parting ritual. I used the map elements to meet the challenge. So here's where the stars and fussy cut map took me:

The next prompting piece was the nautical paper which I wanted to use for the sketch challenge. It led me to a fun photo of a grandkid sneaking Pepsi at the beach that needed to be documented. I used gesso to white wash the papers and two sizes of pop dots dipped in the wash to achieve a bubble-stamp-look:

Finally, the challenge to use six different patterned papers led me to the package of cards (I'm not an avid pocket page scrapper so they became my patterned papers along with some other scrap papers). Once I punched and glued the squares down I was able to apply a wash of matte medium and gesso over everything to tone down the bold colors--which complimented the softness of the photo. I had a package of flowers in my stash that just happened to work so I used them with the wood piece and alphas (part of the challenge) to embellish. Three stamps from the kit randomly stamped were a last minute decision that worked. I still need to add names and dates in the kraft box beneath the wood tag.

sassiescrapper
Expert
sassiescrapper
In response to Jill

Hi! I'm wondering if the challenges have to be made using the Scrapbook.com kit club? Thought I would ask since I can't tell from the submissions. Thanks in advance!

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 07-14-14 02:03 PM
In response to sassiescrapper

It's encouraged but NOT required

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 07-29-14 07:20 AM
In response to Kels

The June Kit Club winners are:

OlesyaK.
BearFamily

Congratulations ladies!! Please PM me with your full name and physical mailing address and I'll get your prize in the mail

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Kels

oh how cool! Thank you Kels and scrapbook.com! off to write a pm))

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics