Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: VCW Week #181 Last Scraps of Summer        (Topic#1541171)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 08-20-10 04:01 AM

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself
Here
This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to VCW

Morning!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good Morning!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Morning!

Liz - I hop PT helps D: so sorry that you are in pain.

Ria - Don't know how I missed them before, but the pics of your daughter are adorable!

Jennie - I hope you guys can work things out with the school, what a headache!

I'm doing laundry today. But, I have a job interview at 5! Administrative Assistant for a company that imports area rugs :D. I also have a job interview on the 31st for an office secretary position at the health department :D. That one's the one I'd prefer to have, it's part time (32 hours) so I'm hoping it will work around my school schedule easily. It's also right down the road from my college. The rug place's pay rate is higher though, so I guess we'll just have to see how it works out. Wish me luck!

DH is feeling better today. He doesn't like the anti-swelling meds they put him on though, they make him sick. He's also a little sad because he doesn't think he's going to be able to go golfing tomorrow. Says he can feel it pull on the stitches when he practices swinging D:. He might have to wait till next weekend, as we're hoping they take the stitches out at his follow-up appointment on Thursday.

Back to the laundry!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 06:58 AM
In response to DesiLee

Morning everyone! Happy Friday! Hopefully today will be a good day here at work. I HOPE to have a laid back Friday! I have plans to go home this evening and scrap a little after I finish up some cleaning at the house. I usually clean on Saturday but tomorrow I am going to mom's to finish sewing my purse!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 06:58 AM
In response to LeeLo

Desi, good luck on your interview!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

Morning

Just saw what Cricut cartridges are retiring. Now I have to go get Zooballo, not sure if I want the Soccer Cartridge or not.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to foltzy

Thanks Leah!

Laundry's about half finished. I don't know how two people manage to wear so many articles of clothing in a week... I can only imagine what it's going to be like when we have children... lol.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

Need to do laundry today. I now wash about every other day and there are only 4 of us.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DesiLee

Good Afternoon Ladies
Liz-I know all about the pain right now, I cry alt too and ask God of it will ever stop, I sure hope yours gets better soon, hopefully the PT will do some good Also good luck with choosing cartridges, I wish I had a cricut to have to choose

Ria- I have to say sorry too, with all the pain meds I seemed to have missed your dd pics as well, I went back and looked and oh my God she is gorgeous!

Desi- Good Luck with both interviews,Dont stress, God will give you the one that is right for you!

Leah- Happy Friday to you, I hope you get everything done that you want to today

Liz

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Scrap Chica

I have been looking at alot of the new (or new to me)blogs that everyone has been doing, I signed up for gmail so I could sign up for blogspot, but then I got stuck, I have no idea what to do a blog about, I mean obviously something to do with scrapping but I dont know how to teach things so I am at a loss, any ideas?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thanks for the lovely comments about my baby girl. I think she's darling in whatever she wears but then again I'm partial. :). Today she had PE so she went in a yellow tee, jeans with flowers and bling embroidered on them, and her new sneakers. She had her Silly Bandz on one arm and I'd put her hair up in a ponytail secured with a "Max" scrunchie. It's an orange tabby striped scrunchy with a kitty face on it. It looks like Max.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Ria, I bet she was just adorable in that outfit

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I use blogger. My blog is new and at the moment I use it for my weight stuff. I also have a few things on there about every day life and eventually I want to start doing crafting stuff on it. It's my first time blogging.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to foltzy

Yes Liz this will be first time too, thanks for your insight

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I don't even know if I'm doing it right Laura but I kind of like it. It's fun for me to watch and see what I do. Reminds me I need to update last nights stuff.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 11:57 AM
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Need to do laundry today. I now wash about every other day and there are only 4 of us.

I do laundry pretty much every single day of the week and there are just 3 of us! I cannot figure out how we have so much! I usually do a load of whites and a load of colors every day. All of our towels/washclothes are white and I bleach them. DS can wear more clothes than any teenager I've ever seen! I also wash my good work clothes separately from the rest.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 11:58 AM
In response to LeeLo

I have never had a blog. I think it would be interesting, but I have no idea what I would blog about! Are you all worried about privacy? What are your limits on what you will put on there?

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to LeeLo

I have a blog for my wedding invites, a blog I just started for crafts that really doesn't have anything on it yet, and the blog I had for house hunting that I haven't used in foreeeever. The first two are blogger the last one is wordpress. I try not to get into very personal things on them.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

At the moment my blog can only be read by people I invite. I'm pretty much keeping it private for now.

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics