Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: VCW ~ Week 206 ~ My Funny Valentine!        (Topic#1553039)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 02-11-11 10:17 PM

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to VCW

*sings* "Scrapping, scrapping, scrapping...what do we do, we scrap..."

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good to see you back Ria, welcome home.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kimberly Rae

Thanks Kim!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to BlingQueenRia

morning all. Hubby is out the door for a meeting and will be gone until afternoon. I have 20 or 30 things to do and so far have done none of them.
I need to pick my grandmother up at 10 for groceries. I really need my house clean. I want to clean my living room carpet. I need to get food and a cake for Zach's party tomorrow.
Are you officially old when your youngest child turns 18?? And did I mention I have not done Zumba or much treadmill time all week? Ugh

Time to go do something.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Morning.

Just finished breakfast. Sheets and towels in the washer. I have to head out by 9:30 so I'll put another load on.

I need to pick up some groceries, get some cash, find a light bulb for my headlight then come home and change it. Trying a little DIY to save $$. THat might backfire on me.

Went to my scrapbook club (a CTMH thing) and we made a glimmer mist substitute. Lots of fun. I forgot my photos here after all the hassle I went through to print them last week but I will finish the layout this weekend.

I did not sleep well. I now have a cold of sorts. My throat is really sore, sneezing a little and I suspect it will get worse as the day progresses.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to corrie fan

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to krishunter

hi all.

the boys are better, but still sick. Zach isnt eating and that really concerns me. its not good for him and i can't afford pedia sure as his only source of nutrients.

anyways, DH just got back from rotating his tires. I'm going to return a bathing suit i bought yesterday. i decided i dont love it enough for that price.

i hope you all are having a good weekend!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Lamoo12

I'm typing. Kim & Ethan headed home about 11:45. The plan is for me to see how much I can get done, and if it's enough, then Wee Man will be back here tonight so Mama can get some homework knocked out.

Cracked a couple of the windows open. It's only mid-40s outside, but I'm *that* desperate for fresh air in the house (and to get rid of the germies).

Okay...back to the grind....

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

I am back.

I am finally able to rest.

This morning I went to Weight watchers (we won't talk about my lack of motivation or how much I have spent to not lose anything) then to the store to pick up a lightbulb. Turns out they only charge $10 to change it. When I got it done at the garage, I am sure that I spent over $50 for the bulb and labour. So $21 plus tax and I did not have to get dirty.

Then I came home, called this woman about picking a rolling cart (the fancy CM one she was selling used). I headed out to pick it up but there was a major accident on our highway heading west so grid lock everywhere. It was closed completely so everyone was scrambling to find alternate routes.

One hour later, I got there (usually about 20 mins max on a weekend for that distance). I came home and went to the drug store to pick up some cold lozanges and ColdFX for my cold. My throat is so sore. Also picked up a few groceries.

Shovelled, had lunch, laundry.... and FINALLY, I am sitting down.

I have to rethink this WW on a Sat. It is their last day and since I pay for an entire month, if I miss it I have paid for it. If you pick a Wed. meeting for example and can't make it, you can try to find another location another day.

I hardly slept last night and would have loved to have slept in. No nap time this afternoon either since I wanted to get all my chores done. Now I can go to bed or sleep in tomorrow or both.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

oh my gosh I just typed this big long post and it's gone.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I swear when I type more than one sentence I should right click and copy before I try to post

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

so....HOLY SMOKES!

My hubby has been telling me repeatedly that he thinks I should go to Liz's weekend crop in Vermont and the end of April. He says he knows I missed getting to see Liz this last summer and I can finally meet Jane and I should go. Repeatedly. I told him I'd think about it.
11 hours of driving or nearly $300 to fly....I'd think about it.

The other day he came home and told me that he might HAVE to go to a conference in Orlando at the end of May. He doesn't really want to. But he said if I wanted, we could fly down a couple of days early and go to Disney or something and then I can fly home since he'd be in meetings from dawn until dark.

I told him that I really thought that was a cool idea, but I really didn't feel like I should be gone at month-end so many months in a row (our cruise is end of Feb and I usually go to Memories Expo last weekend of March), so if we were going to do that (Orlando) then I definately was not going to Vermont.

He then informed me that he was NOT taking me to Orlando then because he really thought I should go to Vermont. Even if he has to fly me there!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

While I would LOVE to meet you, I understand that your drive is much worse than mine. And if you fly, you'd have the added expense.

So I don't want to be one to pressure you.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Oh you're not Jane!
It's hubby all the way!
He's telling me all the ways to do it!
Take extra time off. Split it into 2 days....yadda yadda

Not to mention, even though it is far.....
I drive several hours a day most days. Not like you or Liz...... or MOST people!!!! LOL

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Hi ladies!

Jane - I hope you feel better soon. I hate sore throats!
Elizabeth - cropping with Liz and Jane would be so fun! That drive would be daunting though. My husband and I went to Chicago once and it was an 11 hour drive from MD to there. We got a hotel room after 7 hours or so to split it up.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• corrie fan Said:
I hardly slept last night and would have loved to have slept in. No nap time this afternoon either since I wanted to get all my chores done. Now I can go to bed or sleep in tomorrow or both.

Oh, girl. Please rest and try to get better.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh you're not Jane!
It's hubby all the way!
He's telling me all the ways to do it!
Take extra time off. Split it into 2 days....yadda yadda

Not to mention, even though it is far.....
I drive several hours a day most days. Not like you or Liz...... or MOST people!!!! LOL

Elizabeth - I know being gone at the end of the month is a killer for you, but my goodness...if you have the chance to do so many cool things, DO THEM!!!!!! It may make it rough in between, but who knows when you'll have the chance to do all of this again!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

The longest drive I've done was a 13-hour day from NJ to IN. Yes, it was long, but it wasn't bad since I was focused on driving. And it probably would've been shorter except for the get-out-and-stretch stops.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Aaaannnnnnddddd now I've got it. Sniffy, stuffy, coughy. Just waiting to see if the fever shows up too. Staying home from church. Had already asked to not be sent out to record anything Mon-Wed of this week, thinking I'd still be needed to help with Ethan (who is still fighting a fever).

Oh well. I think while hubby's gone to church I'll work on his V-Day card.

In the meantime, I put some new stuff in my gallery last night. All from Ethan's bday party last October. Sorry there are so many:

May The 4th Be With You - pg 1 By C-leaper
May The 4th Be With You - pg 2 By C-leaper
May The 4th Be With You - pg 3 By C-leaper
May The 4th Be With You - pg 4 By C-leaper

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics