Page 1 of 16 
Username Post: NEW LAYOUTS - JUNE        (Topic#1559251)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks Terry for hosting May!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June-----Anna
July-----Cheryl
August----Terry

Daznlise
Resident
Daznlise
In response to Anna C

Hi Anna,
This sounds like great fun !!!
Please excuse my ignorance as I am a bit thick lol, I understand every detail of how to do this, BUT, I am not sure which embed code to copy and paste in the link !!!
Sorry, to be a pain this is probably such an easy thing to do, but i have tried and am not sure !!!

Cheers,
Lise x

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Daznlise

Good Morning and welcome to June (almost!)
Thank you Anna for hosting!
Lise: first off welcome! Here's how to do that:
In your gallery on one of your LO, click "share anywhere" which is on the left side about midway down.
A box pops up and says either HTML or IMG at the top. Click IMG and when you do below it pops up "copy & paste embedded code" and below that is the code you need to copy and then paste into the message box here ( what you type & post). Make sure also that the "large" size is selected too.

That's all...again welcome to the thread.

How's everyone? Have a good weekend? BBL....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Daznlise

Good morning all!
Anna, thanks for hosting June...and thanks, Terry, for hosting May!
I'll be back later to post a layout... I finished my "Spring is here??" page but I keep on tweaking in here and there...
and it sure doesn't look like spring here..it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy all week!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

JCI....thanks Terry for helping Lise.

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Anna C

Welcome Lise!

I got a bit behind the last few days, but I'll try to catch up either today or tomorrow with the chit-chat and lo's that I've missed from the other thread. I think though, that I've pretty much finished the 2nd book of Anton's life!! All that needs doing still is adding names to the photos that Anton thinks his parents would like to see them (and what can be remembered/determined by either him or his father), and making a copy to have translated into Dutch (or at least mostly into Dutch).

I have to get snapshots and upload them, but I'll have a bunch of new lo's to post over the next couple of days. I hope everyone is doing well!

P.S. Thank you to Anna for hosting this month!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dodgercpkl

HI!!
Hope a lovely spring comes to us all this month...please.
Thanks for hosting Anna..it was a great thread last month, Terry.
Welcome Lise.
Teri that's quite a project you've got going....what will you do when it's all done??

I am hoping for the return of my mojo in June..I have ideas.

There are bookcases right above the computer here and there was a huge cool old mug up there for years...well last night it just came crashing down when I came in through the door..I must have shut it just hard enough to send that thing right over the edge....right onto Roni's iPhone..shattered the glass and the phone won't work at all....promised I'd replace it today since it isn't her fault...she was just sitting here minding her own business. So grateful that mug didn't fall on her head.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Hiya everyone. Girls are going home tomorrow, boo! It will be a very quiet and lonly place without them.

Donna, I've done something to mt pinky toe. Its sore, bruised, swolen and can't bend it. Thing is I can't tell ya what I did to it. I don't remember hurting it! lol I guess it thought your toe needed some company.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Dearest Toe twins...I pray for your tootsies.

Donna...shall we be seeing some new layouts of the girls soon?

Just got back from buying my former iPhone snob (dd2) a droid...didn't realize ATT sells them...she's pumped..I'm broke...stopped at my local fabric store..got some lace for layout inspirational purposes.....got home...not inspired yet.
It is pouring....and it is raining inside dd's new phone...honest.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

jci.....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Finally, here's my "Spring is Here??" page
and another one I threw together this weekend since we had such crappy weather!!

Spring is here?? By Scrapkaty

Summer Fair By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU2H

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

JCI...ACU...

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Abby0317

Thank you so much for everyone's comments on my revision pages!

Anna - Haha! It's funny that you should mention quilts. My mom made me a Holly Hobby quilt when I was pretty young that I still have and love to this day!

Denise - I'm so glad that your mom is ok! I bet that was a scare for both you and your dad. Many prayers for your family. I hope things are ok with Tim's cousin. When is your cousin's daughters wedding? I hope they can get the mud off! It's pretty amazing what they can do to fix things sometimes, so I hope this is one of those times! I hope your pinky toe gets better soon!

Cheryl - Ugh! I can't believe they let the kids go back to the mother. I hope they see the light soon and remove them into your son's care permanently!

Donna - I do have pictures of my Cabbage Patch Kid! See below. OMG! I can only imagine how you must have felt when you realized what happened with your email reply! I'm glad your bosses saw the humor in it.

Terry - It is indeed! It seems to be a very versatile and powerful program even if it doesn't have all the capabilities of the full PhotoShop.

Katy - I can't wait to see your Spring is Here Page!

Desomoel - I can't imagine anyone turning away the opportunity to be pampered 2x's in one month! How neat!

Lise - Welcome to the thread!!

Jeannie - It is a big project! lol Probably bigger then I thought it would be even when I was scanning all the photos into the computer (a project that took me a couple weeks and many hours of time. Just scanning the pictures!). I still have more of his life to do, but since I'm missing several years of pictures completely and am very light on some others, I decided to wait on finishing the third book until after our trip to the Netherlands. I'm going to try and scour through the other siblings boxes to see if I can find some photos to represent the missing years. If not, I'll work with just what I have, but I would love to have at least a couple photos for each year! Once I'm done with this? Oh I have about a million other things I've thought of that I would like to do! lol I want to go through and make a book/series of books like this for me as well. I started on one years ago (I posted some of those lo's here I think - if not they are in my gallery), but never finished it, and now I have some great ideas for how I would like to do things in mine. Like including as much of my original poetry as I can, and some of the papers and awards I've gotten through the years. I have also all of those pictures of the places that Anton and I have visited, and I would love to scrap those and make a book on us meeting and dating, etc. I've been really pushing myself on this project because I wanted to make sure that I had time to finish it, figure out what photos that I wanted to add names or extra info to, and get everything translated into Dutch with time to print and ship it here before our trip in September. The rest of these projects I'll probably go slower on since I have no real deadline on them. I'm so glad that Roni is ok! Bummer about the Iphone though...

Forgive me if I'm not making sense in anything I wrote just now, I came home early from work yesterday because I was sick, and right now I'm alternating between feeling semi-awake and staring blankly at the screen. lol I've got all my lo's uploaded to the site, but I'll stick to the Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid pictures and a few other fun ones for the moment.

Here's the original Cabbage Patch Kid (can I abbreviate this? lol abbreviation is actually how my screen name came to be *C*abbage *P*atch *K*id *L*ady):

Original Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid By Dodgercpkl

He was signed by so many Dodgers over the years! After a while I retired him because he was starting to get a bit dirty. So I found a pattern that would fit a new cpk (I collected them when I was younger and my mom saved them, so it was just a matter of pulling out one of the many) and sewed a new outfit! I don't have a close up pic, but here's the new cpk and outfit:

Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid! By Dodgercpkl

Another shot of the cpk as well as one showing (somewhat at least) the American Flag dress that I made one year:

American Flag Dress By Dodgercpkl

And some other for fun shots. Here's me in a Jedi Knight outfit that I sewed:

Jedi Knight! By Dodgercpkl

A birthday cake that I made and decorated:

Cake! By Dodgercpkl

And various goodies that my mom and I made for a bake sale for my work one year. Everything on this table was made by my mom and I!

Bake Sale! By Dodgercpkl

And on that note, I'm ACU and heading to sleep!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dodgercpkl

Good morning ladies!

Thanks Anna for hosting June-thanks for taking care of May Terry =)

Welcome Lise!

Has it stopped snowing Katy? You guys get more snow than Colorado! lol

Teri-your cabbage patch kid is so cute. Love your costumes too!

Sorry about your mug Jeannie-good thing it didn't whop you on th head though...that would have hurt! Although maybe it would have been cheaper than buying your DD a new phone! Thank you for the toe prayer LOL! I'm going to have to make that my next layout lol

Denise-I appreciate you bustin up your toe so mine doesn't feel left out =) Don't forget to take pictures! lol The grandkids are gone already? I can't believe a whole month flew by!

Ok....so I have a small dilema. This girl I work with had sent me a text when I was home the other day saying how she found all these old family photos and wanted to scrap them. She asked if I would help her. I was like sure. When I got to work I said we can make time to go shopping-I'd show her what to get to start out with. I asked her if she had any type of style in mind. She then says...well, I thought I'd buy the stuff and you could make it for me. I didn't know what to say...I thought she wanted me to HELP her-not make it for her! So I sat there for a sec...then said "oh..I thought you wanted help" So shes like...well I don't know how to scrapbook and you do so I though you wouldn't mind. I said "uhhh...right now I have alot of things going on-I can bring in some of my books for ideas-show you how to scrap" I was pretty embarrassed cause she put me on the spot.
I think shes gonna ask again...but I don't want to make it FOR her. Geez...you see how long it takes me to make a page. I'd spend my whole summer scrappin her book. How do I tell her nicely without insulting her? And I don't want to do it for a fee either. I've discovered (as I knew all along) if I HAVE to scrap I don't enjoy it. I suppose I should take it as a compliment...I just hate being put on the spot like that.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh, one more thing....Jeannie-did you know that the Copics are going up to $6.95 in August? I got an email from Carpe Diem the other day. I documented all the different colors I have-I'll probably place an order before they go up. Theres no way I'm gonna spend $6.95 each! Just thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't heard.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning ladies! Hope you all are having a good day so far. We are in the midst of a heat wave here. It hit 94 yesterday and that is so "not normal" for our area. When it hits 90 here, the town serves free lemonade. We are known as the nation's air conditioned city because it doesn't get that warm here...maybe mid 80s for a few days but rarely any hotter. So lemonade rarely gets served but it's free today!

Jeannie, glad your dd didn't get hit on the head. But those new phones sure are expensive. I've been looking at them but still haven't taken the plunge yet.

Teri, I do believe you are a master of many things. Loved your outfits/costumes and all of those goodies really did make me so hungry for something sweet.

Denise, are you still experiencing withdrawals from your grandkids?

Donna, I am so with you on making the album for your co-worker. There is no way in h*ll I would take on that project! And I'm completely understand what you mean if you HAVE to scrap something, it's not fun. I'm the same way.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Hi everyone! I would love to join this month again, I have missed you ladies!!
Haven't been around much because I was packing to move but now I am moved in and I am sure I can find the time now to pop in

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi Mandi! Glad to have you back with us!

Here's one from me....tfl!

A Time to Remember By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SQ Mandi

Free lemonade Anna? That is sooooo cool! I hope you stay cool as well lol

Thanks for your input on my scrappy dilema-glad its not just me that feels that way

Welcome back Mandi!

Edited by DittoBabyGirl on 06-01-11 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 16 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics