Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: VCW #236 Rain Rain Please Go Away!!!        (Topic#1564103)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Okay, maybe possibly this title only appeals to me, but if it doesn't go away so this migraine goes away, I'm gonna shoot myself and there won't be anyone to start the new thread! LOL

Alrighty. Well I did nothing last night.
Nothing but make a list.
So I have about 3 hours to get it all packed and loaded up. Guess I ought to get to it.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Nope tired of the rain.

Schools have been closed for 2 days, they were sent home early on Wednesday. The river is overflowing. Water in my basement. Car died Wednesday, because of all the rain (car died on my way to work and Brian had to go rescue it and my boss rescued me). It's stuck at work that I had to leave early from because of the water rising.

Right now I'm tired of seeing or hearing the word rain or water.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to foltzy

Yup, we have a lot of rain here too.

I have water in my basement as well, it seems to be weeping out of the cinder blocks. It's only on the laundry room side though, nothing in the craft room. I think there might be some sealing issues with our front steps.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DesiLee

Well, can say it has truly been a test of my newly dry basement. Made for a bit of a long day with jamie yesterday, he's not used to being stuck in the house.

I have most of my supplies gathered, I just need to get them all packed into a usable form. And decide how many of my toys I want to take with me too. Some I will take and maybe leave in the car unless I need them I guess. Depends on how much space I have. Won't be the same as going to PDH.

Sure wish the weather was going to clear up here more. The area I'm going to can be beautiful, but it will be hard to walk around and photgraph stuff if it's raining and my head is pounding.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

ss about all the wet weather,wish we had some in texas it dry and burning homes and it hot,

TGIF
leebla hope your headache pass so u will enjoy the crop,

TGIF

new deal for those looking for one

https://peachycheap.com/index.php

http://www.scrapzoom.com/

Edited by tealbrand on 09-09-11 08:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to tealbrand

We haven't had any rain all summer here in Northern CA, it has been pretty mild. Our rainy season starts in October and lasts through March. Sorry about your rainy troubles.... it's either feast or famine right?

Quiet night here, waiting to watch the finale for Torchwood tonight and just hanging out, haven't done anything crafty for a while.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Kimberly Rae

Hi everyone! I wanted to check in and say that I'm still alive. I was taking a facebook/forums break. It did me good.
I hope everyone is well. I'm 15 weeks pregnant now. So thrilled to be in the second trimester. I had 2 friends staying with us for a week. It was really nice to see them again. She's about 18 weeks pregnant. It was nice to bond.
I haven't been scrapbooking too much but I did buy some paper and a really nice water colour set. I've done some massive reoganizing including my scrap room so I'll post before and afters.
It's still hot as blazes here which is very rare for us. It's been dry too. Fire ban all summer.

I'll try to check in daily again. I missed y'all.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bcblondie

Nice to see you back Suzy.

Breaks are good. And keeping in touch with the folks who live inside your computer is also good

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to corrie fan

Finding the balance is good.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Hiya!

First of all...I'm still in the "welcome all rain drops" mode. We were SOOOOO dry this summer, and even this week we've really only had misty/drizzly stuff. Didn't get anything from Irene...mostly got wind from Lee. I'm just glad to see stuff greening up again.

Second...Kim...SO JEALOUS. I can't get Torchwood, and I miss my Capt. Jack. *sniff*

Susy...welcome back...glad to hear the pregnancy is going well.

We had Ethan the past two nights. He's finally back home, but I don't know when he'll be back. I really thought this was going to be Kim's easiest semester school-wise, but other things keep popping up that are sucking up her "free" days to do homework. Oh well...only 3 more months...

Work is picking up for me a bit, too, which has kept me away from being here quite so much. I'm missing it, but it's good to have the work coming in again after a couple slow months in July and August.

Anyhow...just wanted to check in....

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to bcblondie

I can't check in during the day so checking in while I watch tv works for me.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

Hi Jenni.

I have no idea what Torchwood is.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Thanks Jenni. Glad your work is picking up again and sorry Kim's been busy. Share some rain with us k? My grass is too prickly to walk on.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to bcblondie

Hi ladies!

I'm watching Ghost Adventures while working on some Halloween stuff. The Ghost Adventures guys always crack me up, they're so overdramatic.

I went to the Amish market with my friend today. It was nice to hang out with her, we don't get to hang out that often anymore. I got some pumpkin fudge, it's really good. It tastes like pumpkin pie!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to DesiLee

Jane, Torchwood is a spin-off of the popular Dr. Who series on BBC

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Painted my bathroom at my mom's house. Bought 2 new ceiling fans, hoping that my brother will install them tomorrow for me. My aunt got a wall in the living room ready to paint, she will do that for me tomorrow. Then I will come over in the evenings and get the bedroom ready to paint. I want to paint it on Thursday, my day off.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

As much as I want to like it, I cannot watch anything sci-fi. I tried ;

No wonder it was not familiar.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Desi I'm excited for halloween! Pumpkin fudge sounds delish.

Joy good job getting some painting done.

AFM. Well it's not scrapbooking but at least I did something crafty. I crocheted 2 headbands for the baby. Hopefully it's a girl lol.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to bcblondie

home. nice weekend. Not what I am used to, but nice. Mary Kim at Paper Doll House just has me spoiled I guess. I had some issues with the fibromyalgia and the headaches, and ended up doing some running with my friend. But all in all it was productive.

I wound up doing 41 pages....well, let's say I am about 10 minutes away from finishing the 41st page. But I just couldn't work another minute last night. And today there just wasn't the time.

Bill made lots of progress on my room. I'm very excited.

Tomorrow I have Jamie all day, so I have to get up early. Still I hope to spend some of the time outside on the porch getting ready for the garage sale.

So with that, i am going to bed.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics