Username Post: Digital Layouts        (Topic#1574011)
jamie.wixson
Veteran
jamie.wixson

Not to be a party pooper, but I think that digital layouts should remain in the digital layout category. I see so many as I'm browsing through the layout category. I want to be able to possibly use some of the products/techniques/ideas that I see in other people's layouts, but I do not digital scrapbook! Please keep them separate for the people here who like to scrapbook with paper. Is anyone with me here? I'm not looking to start a revolution or anything, just expressing a slight aggravation!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to jamie.wixson

It's not everyone who puts their digital layouts in the regular section. I for one don't. Some people don't know there are "categories", some people simply forget and I have seen others say they don't care. There have been so many discussions about this, and it just keeps happening.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-23-12 08:09 AM
In response to SQ Mandi

Sorry it aggravates you. This topic comes up periodically, and the owners of the site have ruled that it is perfectly okay for digi LOs to be in the regular LO section.

I don't mind at all, but I do both digi and paper. (I do keep my digi LO's in the digi section.) I find that sometimes paper techniques will inspire me to do something digitally, and vice versa, so I like the cross-breeding of ideas.

jamie.wixson
Veteran
jamie.wixson
In response to stick

I really enjoy seeing layouts of all types, I just prefer to see layouts with products I can use, since I think layouts feature the products best. I apologize for repeating a topic. Wasn't aware that others have posted about it already, or I would have read the threads posted there instead of starting my own. I'm a little overwhelmed over digital layouts, to be honest! They are always so perfect, and I find this to be a little intimidating. But, I am and shall remain a "hands on" kind of gal, despite my glue gun's quest to burn away my fingers! I have found a helpful way to ensure that digital layouts don't pop up in my search for inspiration. I do a search of layouts done with a particular product (adhesive is great) that digital scrappers don't use. This is also great for helping to weed out some of the layouts I may have already browsed. I like to vary things up a bit, and I find I am a lot more satisfied in my searches. Again, I apologize for being so grumpy in my original post, and I want to thank all of you for getting me back to a healthy perspective! Happy scrapping!

Jamie

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-25-12 08:17 AM
In response to jamie.wixson

We all have our moments I'm glad you're feeling better about it now and have found a good way to search.

It's interesting to me that a lot of people say they're intimidated by digi LO's because they look "perfect." I feel like I've seen a lot of "perfect" and a lot of "average" LOs in both digi and paper, and it's not specific to any one medium. Maybe it's because I work in both, but to me it just comes down to the overall artistry and design of a page.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to stick

I agree with Mandi in that some people don't realize there are different categories. When I load mine I always put cards, in cards, digi in digi and paper in paper. Maybe this will cause everyone to watch better.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

I don't digi scrap at all...but I don't care if there are digi layouts in the layout gallery. I look for the ideas-then incorporate them into my own layouts. Sorry for those of you who it frustrates!

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I get a little annoyed when they are posted in the LO gallery and I like them enough to click on them. Then you realize THAT'S how they did it.
I participate in a lot of challenges and I can't ever vote for a digital LO. I'm a computer freak and could easily do this myself. It just feels like cheating compared to using paper and what you have at hand. That said, whatever floats your boat. I just get a little annoyed when you have to compete against a perfectly matched, not having to be photographed, digital LO.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-29-12 06:01 AM
In response to Sonsie

Don't dismiss a design just because it's digital. I'm a paper and glue scrapper too. One time, I was scraplifting a layout that I found on Pinterest...merrily working along until I got to a part that I wanted to take a closer look at...when I went to the original site that it was pinned from, I found that it was digital....I felt very accomplished that I had created my layout using paper and glue.

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 05-08-12 07:45 AM
In response to gone

Maybe if the name of the category was "paper layouts" instead of just "layouts", that would solve the problem?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics