Username Post: Storage for scrapping        (Topic#1582185)
New Kid On the Block

I am a new scrapper and want to make a scrapbook of all my study abroad momentos. I am trying to pick out the best storage cases that will last for future projects--at a good price. What brands for these trays/boxes/bags do you recommend? Is any brand better than another?

Also- are most of these kinds of organizers the same for other crafts? Can I use my scrap-booking organizers for my beading and craft stuff or do you think that there are different kinds of storage meant for different crafts! Thank you-- I just want to buy the right stuff the first time!

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to scrappy317

I didn't see a reply to your post, hopefully mine can be helpful to you.

I use old bead storage boxes for holding scrapbooking tags, tabs, alphabets, and small embellishments. The bead boxes are actually clear fishing tackle organizers, so the compartment size is easily altered. I have 3 of these boxes.

I have a red plastic Folgers coffee can that I cleaned out and use to hold my scissors, glue, gel pens, and glitter glue. And yet another coffee can holds acrylic paints and brushes. These, as well as the above boxes are easily stackable and can also be kept on a book shelf.

I use a large 3 ring binder full of page protectors to store my paper, cardstock, borders, sticker sheets, rub on sheets, frames, embellishments that don't fit in the tackle boxes, and my paper scraps. Everything is arranged by color, size, and in some cases theme. In the front of that binder is 2 zippered pencil pouches. These hold my small to medium stencils for things like tabs, tags, frames, and shapes. A page protector holds my border stencils. I scrapbook in 8.5X11 size, so the binder works very well and the page protectors are found in the office supply section of Wal-Mart at a very low price. I write on the page protectors with a dry erase marker, so each protector is labeled with what goes in it. And, if I no longer need a "page" in my supply book, I remove it and wipe off the writing with a damp cloth. This book also fits well on a bookshelf.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to flhomeschoolmom

If you can afford it cropper hopper is great! Otherwise try recollections by michales

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

I need help packing for my first crop but i dont have rolling storage!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics