Page 1 of 28 
Username Post: December's New Layouts        (Topic#1582983)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the December edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Cathe for hosting November!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

January....Cheryl
February...Donna
March......Jeannie
April......Mel
May........Terry
June.......Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-02-12 11:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Cathe --- thank you so much for hostessing November!
Call for volunteers for the months listed....

I left out of the intro post the sketch because I thought that those hostesses that wanted to add on could do so on the second post. Here's the one I found that caught my eye.

OnceUponATime Nov sketch by Nadia Cannizzo By Abby0317

Have fun...

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Cathe, I got the pearl pens at this site:
http://www.dreamingcolor.com/catalogsearch/result/ ?q=pe...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Terry!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to rockmom

Hiya! I'm in again

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to flutterbye0419

Thanks for hosting last month, Cathe, and this month, Terry!

Terry, I ended up removing my lantern from the wreath and filling it with balls. I filled it up with gold balls of different sizes and accented around it with gold and white trees and candles. And topped it off with a gold and white/cream ribbon bow. I'm pleased with it.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Anna, that sounds gorgeous! Love to see a photo!!!

I'm taking dil, Pina & Ms Emma to Sleighbells tomorrow. Yep...gigantic 2 story barn filled with Christmas ornaments, etc. Can't wait!! That will definitely put me into the decorating mood...

Hope you all have a good weekend planned. I'll ci regularly.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Oh fun Terry!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - I would be happy to host January!!

Boy what a day I had. My patients had trachs, g-tubes and chest tubes!! Busy, busy day but glad to be home and ready to enjoy my weekend off. I am planning on going Christmas shopping tomorrow. I wanted to go with my sister but she has to work. Guess I will hit the places by myself.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

December??? Wasn't it just January???

Thanks for hosting November Cathe and thanks for December Terry!

I'll host for January

Sleighbells sounds wonderful Terry-have fun!I love that sketch-I just may actually attempt to scrap something tomorrow. Maybe lol I've seen those pearl pens...I pinned them

Anna-would love to see your wreath-post a pic when you can

Have fun shopping Cheryl! I get off at 6:00...hubby and I are gonna do some shopping after that

Have a lovely day! I have a 3 day weekend...decided to take Tuesday off

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh Dawn...

Heres a tutorial on how to tie a bow with a fork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANcZa3-AkQ

They actually come out really good!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to DittoBabyGirl

THAT'S ADORABLE! thanks for sharing!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning...thanks Cheryl & Donna. Donna can I put you down for Feb?

We had rain here last night so bad it sounded like the second coming of Noah's ark! Small limbs are down all over the yard.

Hope all is well...working on xmas cards today after Sleighbells. Have a great Saturday.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Abby0317

It's been a beautiful day already. Ran to the bank and then realized it was closed LOL, but picked up everything we need for tomorrow's dear santa party... then ran to walmart with the girls. my oldest took her purse (which she never does) and on our way out, said, "Mom, what's that guy doing with the bell?" so I had to tell her about the bell ringers and why they stand outside of Walmart and ring the bell. She immediately asked me to stop and here's what I saw, she opened her purse, grabbed a h andful of her own change (from her allowances) and placed it in his kettle!!! I am so very proud of her! She said, "Mommy, it feels good to help others!"

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank for hosting nov cathe and thank terry for this month!
put me down for a month terry
trying todo get xmas stuff out today...cbl

Edited by tealbrand on 12-01-12 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Well I flunked keeping caught up in November..will try harder this month.

Thanks to all the hostesses with the mostest. I'll do February or March (that way I will HAVE to stay caught up).

I LOVE the sketch...it looks right up my alley.

Anna can you share a photo of that lovely item you described.

Oh Terry that Christmas place sounds wonderful..I wanna go.

Donna I made a fork bow once..turned out cute but little. Love that lady's accent...sound like a female Lawrence Welk.

Cheryl have fun shopping..I get so much more done when I go alone but it isn't quite as fun.

Dawn what a sweet thing your dd did and said. My two loved giving money to the bell ringers when the were little...usually MY money lol but if they had their own change they'd proudly march up to the person and shyly put their money in and run back to me...funny..thanks for the memory.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to dollscrap

you are welcome! it's the first time she's wanted to do somethign like this... so this week, we are going to go through their toys and put them on freecycle for kids who need new toys... it's a season of blessings here

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Awww Dawn, what a sweet child. My three year old granddaughter asked me the same thing last weekend.

Have the Christmas decorations out and mostly up. Need to hang a few things still and need to decorate the tree but first I need to either fix one section of lights on the pre-lit tree or replace them.

DH went to help our friends DD learn to drive. He has given her several lessons already. Her dad had her so shook up she drove thru someone's yard so now she won't drive with anyone else but DH. We taught all our kids to drive. Our first step is to go to an emplty parking lot. Turn the car on and off, put it in differnt gears, drive foreward and backward, drive around the parking lot, and into and out of parking spaces. All of that is mastered before going onto the street. We live in an extremely busy area and new drivers get eaten up. Many have deadly accidents. We did't start to teach our twins until they were 16 and never ever let them drive by themselves until they were 17. This girl is bearly 15, too young for this area. Part of the problem is you have to drive on the interstate highway and another part is these wealthy parents in The Woodlands buy fast very expensive cars for their kids. Cars like BMWs, Farrari, Porsche, Mercedes, Lotus, Lamborgheni, Lexus, Viper, and on and on. One kid was trying out a BMW and tried to turn into the dealership parking lot and missed the driveway, hit a tree, totaled the car (He didn't own it yet)and died. So sad.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

I'm back from shopping and even though I was alone had a wonderful day!! I have everything I bought except for 4 gifts. Two of those I know what they are going to be, just have to go get them. Other 2 no idea, which would be my sister and her husband. Oh oh oh, I bought my husband a recliner for Christmas. He is going to be so surprised!!!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies!!!

Had a hard day yesterday...on the phone off and on all day with my grown kids. Some of you know this...others don't...but yesterday was a one year anniversary of my ex-husband's passing from pancreatic cancer. He was only 49 years old. We had our differences and held our grudges pretty close to the vest through the years....and had a process I believe of letting those grudges go during his 18 month battle with his disease. Anyway... yesterday and Dec. 10th is hard for the four of us...mainly because his passing was a time of ackwardness, not knowing as an ex-wife how to deal with his new wife, the funeral and three grieving young adults. There were also other complications to this time which were heart wrenching and stressfull,, only to find yet a year later... we are still going through some serious family issues as a result of his passing.

So with this said, I'm trying to focus on having a wonderful little Christmas here in NH with my wonderful DH and DD Hannah. But have my head in the clouds...thinking about my other three young adults in MA.... so pardon me if I seem aloof or disappear for a couple of days... At some point this will work itself out....I just wish I knew how or what the end result will be. I wish there was something I could do...but this is something my kids will have to figure out themselves, with only helpful words of wisdom from me...

Page 1 of 28 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics