Page 1 of 26 
Username Post: JANUARY - New Layouts        (Topic#1583735)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Welcome to the January edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Terry for hosting December!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

February...Donna
March......Jeannie
April......Mel
May........Terry
June.......Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Happy New Year!! Sorry about the confusion. LOL

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Happy New Year!!

Terry thanks for hosting December and thanks Cheryl for doing January.

Denise- how Great that Tracey is doing better. Wonderful!

Maybe as things slow down we will hear from others who have been missing.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Thanks Cheryl!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Thanks Cheryl...you're excused...you're sick...don't let it happen again though...lol. Seriously thanks for starting this when you're not feeling well. Thanks Terry for hosting December.

speaking of December...where'd it go? It went by faster than the whole rest of the year put together.

Get well soon.

Trivia time.
Vicki and I just watched War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise...did you all know that the grandparents who come out of the door at the end of the movie were the stars of the original War of the Worlds.

Roni is making banana bread with chocolate chips....so much for getting rid of all the sweets.

Still trying to get the girls to pose by the tree...one is ready...one ain't.

Just to reiterate..Honey Boo Boo and her family are strange. The new baby has two thumbs on one hand.

Done babbling.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for hosting December Terry...and thanks to you Cheryl for realizing you have January lol

I laughed when I saw your "2013" post Denise...it always takes me a few weeks to stop writing 2012. So glad to hear that Tracy is doing well! What a great way to start 2013!

Jeannie...ummm...yeah, I don't think anyone here would have a hangover. The bongos that woke me up this morning were real lol Ok fine. Yes...my head was pounding this morning. Vodka is not my friend. But I had to finish the eggnog and I had to cut it with SOMEthing. Pumpkin Pie vodka seemed like a good choice

Hi Jojo! Would love to see your snow pics! Saw your New Years pics on FB...y'all look cold lol

I got some mojo back today (after the bongos left). Worked on my minis. Also made a nice pea soup with ham. It was really yummy. I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow *pouts*

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

The new baby has 2 thumbs? Oh that poor lil thing...to be born into a family that eats spaghetti and ketchup *gag*

Mmmm...bandana bread with chocolate chips. Sounds delish

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks to Terry and Cheryl for their hostess duties!

Where is Terry any way? Havent seen her around lately. And Mel...where's she at?

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Cheryl, I'm sorry you're sick and I hope you are up and around soon! Thank you for hosting January.. now go take care of yourself!

Denise, so cool that Tracy is getting better! And thank you for hosting December..

2013???? wow...wha' happened to 2012?

Donna, hope your case of the "bongos" weren't tooo bad!

DH and I stayed in and enjoyed a quiet NYE...watched the final game of this year's (well now, LAST year's) world series...Game 4, SF vs Detroit...even though we know the outcome..at the end I had tears in my eyes...again! After that we watched some of the Dr Who marathon...DH is a big fan of Dr Who...he's a "Whovian"!

Jeannie...please save me a slice of that banana bread!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Oh my gosh, Jeannie that family is so ....different!

LOL yeh it takes me forever to get the new date down Donna.

Jeannie, I did not know that or I had forgotten that about WOTW with Tim Cruise. The original scared the snot or maybe the pee outta me when I was kid.

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to rockmom

Hello Ladies and Happy New Year to all of you.

I hope you all remember me! It's January again, so once more I'll try keeping with my scrapping and everything it involves.

When I disappeared this thread and all the chatter is the one thing I've missed.

I so hope to be more consistent in 2013!!

I'm intrigued by this baby with two thumbs. Also Banana cake with choc chips. Never tried but I need to.

So glad you're feeling better Cheryl. I must admit I had a bit of a giggle when I saw you asked Donna about the thread last night.

Well, here's hoping I can keep this up. I read the last few pages of the December thread and realised exactly how much I missed chatting with you ladies.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to TheHybridMess

Good morning!

Welcome back Chantel!

Got up extra early today so I can try to get some scrapping in. I'd like to have my minis finished by next week

Catch ya'll later

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Well, I thought I was about over this flu/virus thing but it hit me again early this morning. Hoping it is just the last effects of it. I would really like to get out today. I want to upgrade my phone and go see DJango Unchained with Priscilla. Hope I feel like doing it!!

Chantal - Welcome back!!

Jeannie - That bread sounds delicious!

I hope to try and scrap this evening while Priscilla is gone to work. We played games last night in my bed. Isn't she sweet?

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl--hope you get rid of your flu bug...for good! Priscilla was so sweet to play with you.

Chantel--welcome

It is cold her today...9 degrees right now. I do need to get out today though.

Love chocolate chips in anything...I'll take some of that bread Jeannie.

Donna enjoy your last day off.

better get going. bbl Have a great day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrappin 2

Good Morning!

Back to work today and back to my normal routine too, I hope.

Welcome back Chantel!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good Morning, Happy New Year, and brrrrr it's dang cold! Oh yeah, I'm back.

On the spur of the moment, DH wanted to go down to so OR to see our friends over the weekend. We left Fri and got back Tues afternoon. What fun! The "boys" went training and spent 1 day snowmobiling. Pam & I shopped, cooked, went to see Les Miserables and a safari zoo where the animals roam free and you drive thru it. NYE we had tacos & margaritas, played 99 til midnight, giggled & laughed til I hurt. It's the first time in a doz yrs that DH stayed up that late. Pam's 80+ yr old parents got drunk! Seriously funny....

Cheryl~~thanks for hosting Jan and I hope you are feeling much better now. You were doomed to get sick with Priscilla & your patients too. Did you hear about the people that got fired from this hospital for refusing to take a flu shot?
Denise~~Hope Tracey is doing better too! And that Lindsey stays well too. Sounds like you had a ball playing games as well as a nice Christmas.
Anna~~ I showed my friend's granddaughters (10 & my P pg and they went crazy over the elephant I have there. I convinced the younger one it was not only real but at my home! She's extremely "blond" and very gullible.
Donna~~had a drink NYE that I know you would like. Take 2oz of Bailey's Hazelnut Irish Cream and add 1/2 oz Iced Cake Vodka. Shake over ice, pour into glass and add a touch of nutmeg if desired. It's called a Holiday Martini. YUMMY!
Jeannie~~love the LOs! I'm not taking down the xmas stuff until the end of the week. Too pretty and I have too much to do.
Katy~~ How nice those trees are close tho! I love fall and spend alot of time searching areas here for fall photos.
Chantal~~welcome back!
Cathe~~How grand to have your gr'ma and that she's going to be 100!!! What a party that would be. I'm with Donna, I will live until I can't scrap anymore!
Ashley~~your hair is quite beautiful & so long!!!
Mel~~where are you girlfriend?????
Jody~~~hi! Tell Hannah happy belated birthday!

My new 'puter comes today, I need to do groceries, it's freezing out and all I want to do is snuggle up back in bed. Lazzyyy!!!

Edited by Abby0317 on 01-02-13 08:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Well here I sit...wasn't I gonna start taking down the decorations today..I don't wanna. Dh gave me a chore to do so I'll do that instead..will only take a half hour but still....If Terry isn't gonna start taking hers down yet then neither am I.
so there.
Look at this and drool
http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/cha-winter-2013-sneak -pe...

Welcome back Chantal.

Hi everyone...where's Mel? Does anyone know what is going on with Mandi?

Yes the banana bread was GOOD....Roni put in a lot of chocolate chips..I would probably use fewer ...the chocolate chip to banana flavor ratio favored chocolate...I guess that could be considered a good thing.

OK I guess I really should start my project instead of procrastinating...If I were a super hero I would be
The Procrastinator!
What would you all be?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Not taking down my Christmas stuff yet either. Need to have the house to myself to do it . I'd rather play with the kiddos than clean up. Yesterday we painted plaster Christmas ornaments. Today Cara has a fever and she threw up last night once. Hope she feels better soon.

Made a yummy vegetable beef soup with left over veggies last night. Meat, potatoes, carrots, green ebans, corn, bell pepper, onion, garlic, stock, sweet basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Warms a body on a cold evening.

Saw Mel posted a link on FB and Mandi just got her oldest DD back. She is so happy to have her.

Welcome back Chantal, can't wait to see c=what you come up with on your LOs.

No news on Tracy today and DH took Lindsey to pick up her friend who is coming to visit her. Lindsey is feeling fine. Thank God for that.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - I had NOT heard that anyone had been fired over not taking the flu shot. All hopsital employees here received an email stating that beginning in 2013 it would be MANDATORY for employment to receive the flu shot. I ALWAYS get my shot but still thing it is infringing upon one's personal rights and religious beliefs whether to get it or not. More of government telling us what to do.

Denise - Glad to hear Lindsey is doing well!! Sorry that Cara is sick. Prayers for her

I am feeling a little bit better today. It started off rough. I took some Immodium and that helped but still not able to tolerate much food only small amounts. I have not decided whether I am going in tomorrow or not.

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I hope you feel better soon.

My Christmas tree came down on the 27th and by today all remnant of Christmas has been packed away. I love how festive it looks but i cannot stand all the angel hair and glitter everywhere

Page 1 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics