Page 1 of 23 
Username Post: May---New Layouts        (Topic#1587581)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the May edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Cheryl for hosting April!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June.......Cathe
July.......Mel
August.....Vae

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 04-30-13 10:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Cheryl for jumping in and hosting April!!!

And even tho I'm a day early, Happy Birthday Katy!!
Hope you have a terrific day...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey, thanks Cheryl for April and Terry for May. Very much appreciated.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi Terry and thanks for hosting.

Hi everyone...I got so far behind for April that I just jumped to May.

Anna I am praying for your dad...I hope they figure out what the problem is soon and fix it.

Mel...interesting that your dh's family has their own graveyard. Sweet story of him putting the fishing poles at his dad's grave...very touching.

I haven't heard much from my sister either...I do know she is fine and she had a great birthday dinner (her bday is tomorrow) but I will let her tell the story when she ever comes back on here.

I feel the same...not bad but not great...gonna go sit out in the sun. Mel you're right...when we get older it does take longer to get over things.

I have scrapcrap all over the dining room table...maybe today........

maybe not.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

Thanks you Cheryl for keeping us going in April. Thank you Terry for getting us to May.

It is got here today. ..86!!! I ran errands this morning when it was still cool. It is cool in the house as this is our first hot day.

I thought I'd get to scrap today, but it didn't happen. I feel like it's been forever since I've gotten to upload a LO.

I'm off to make enchiladas. I'm going to give my sister Jean (who had the hysterectomy) a pan for dinner.

OK NCIS watchers....I sure hope they didn't kill off Ziva or Tony. I'll be MAD!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Yay NCIS....

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Is NCIS a two parter??? Is it the season ender...better not be a cliffhanger?? I will hate that....but love the show..both of them.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

I think I remember the commercial saying there were 3 NCIS episodes left and that is why I wondered if it were the season end or the end of the show. I love that show & don't want it ending!

Teriyaki chicken & fried rice for supper so I need to go cook...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Its not ending, they renewed the contract!! And yes there are more episodes, at least one more this season and they kept Ziva, whew!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good evening ladies!!

I don't watch NCIS but I hope you all are happy with the results.

I like SMASH and they are cancelling it, and I am very sad!!

Anna - Hope you get some answers Friday.

I have had a long day. I will see you in the a.m.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 08:25 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Ladies!

Thanks to our hostesses! I can do August if nobody has signed up yet? The dust should be settled with our house by then.

I still need to go catch up... it's been a really exhausting week. Going to bed soon but dropping off a card I did tonight and one from last night.

Panda Card By Vae

Dragon Friend By Vae

Thank You (Black) By Vae

Thank You (green) By Vae

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

I'll put you in for August Vae and if something happens just let us know!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Cheryl for April...and Thank you Terry for May!!!

Good Morning!!!
Been up since 4:30 a.m., got Hannah off on her trip...posted 30 pictures on FB...DH said, you took how many??? He thought that was too much....silly man.... So they are there to check if you'd like... just soo much easier...30 pics in a snap! To put four in here may take 1/2 an hour. Well I can tell you, my 3rd cup of coffee isn't working...Billy wanted me to make breakfast...I told him...fat chance... ( He's been hinting around...we'll be alone for 5 days...) Yeah OK Buddy, SNAP OUTTA IT! All I have in my very near future right now is a NAP!!!
Will be back later to catch up!!! Everyone have a great day!!
The weather is MARVELOUS!!! Now if it would only stay this way 365 days a year...but rumor has it....it will be like this for a good week!!! I hope so!!! Everything is turning GREEN!!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Happy birthday Katy!! Hope you get to do something you like!

Vae- your cards are cute. I love that embossing design.

Terry hope the workmen didn't catch you in your pj's.

Mel thanks for the links for free stuff. Did you tell me that you set up a different email address from your regular one? I don't want to receive a bunch of ads, or them selling my info.

Well I'm so happy they didn't kill off anyone on NCIS. I think NCIS is the hightest rated show on tv..saw that somewhere. So I didn't think they'd change the show in any way. I'm still mad they did away with Vance's wife. I think there are 2 more episodes.

I have no plans for today...it is wonderful!

Catch you all later.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Hi JoJo- glad you got Hannah off and snapped lot of photos. Now you be nice to Wild Bill.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning all:

Yeah for NCIS for not hurting Diva or Tony! Big sigh of relief!! Now to cu on The Following, Bates Hotel, & Castle before the new shows come in June. I so love Tivo!!!

OMG ladies the front of the house is everything I wanted. He's almost done and the stone is awesome. DH & I want to do the side wall now too. Dang where is that Money Tree???? I'll have photos today or tomorrow.

Jody: are you surviving Hannah being gone? She's going to have so many stories to tell & remember!
Donna: Is Port Jervis where you lived before FLA?
Those were cool photos!
Katy: Happy Birthday!
Denise: how are you?
Mel: Are all the earth boxes planted? I need to get some herbs for my patio but we had frost this morning...!
Anna: how's your dad?
Cheryl: loved the nurses quote on FB...it really said it all!
Jeannie: are you ok yet? Cold gone?

HI Vae, Cathe, Stephanie, Ashley, and I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

I'm here. Trying to get caught up. Terrible issues with this site here at work. Will catch up when I get home.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful perfect sister. She IS the sweetest person and I am so lucky to be her sister. PARTAY!!!!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Happy Birthday By Rockmom

Happy Birthday Katy!

Hannah will have fun and make so many memories, Jody.

Agree, NCIS is a good show. I like Castle too.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Happy May Day By Rockmom

Page 1 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics