Username Post: Get Organized Week 11: Stickers & Rub-ons        (Topic#1587241)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-22-13 10:01 AM

What to do when the big box that holds them doesn't work anymore.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 07-09-13 02:17 PM
In response to Kels

I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing what you all come up with (or have done) for sticker storage and organization. I have to admit (again) that I'm rub on challenged (they always stick on my fingertips before they get to the paper) so there aren't many in my "sticker stash." I do know where they are in my studio though (in a fabric bin, labeled) which helps when I feel brave enough "to try again."

Sticker lovers, your knowledge and experience will be a huge help so please share what you have done when you have the time.

rgridings
Tenant
rgridings
In response to Jill

Right now, everything is sorted into themes (along with my embellishments, ribbons, papers, etc.) I like this, but I don't like how they are stored....need to do some thinking.....

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to rgridings

Here is another one that is a none issue with me. I don't have enough sticker or rub-ons to worry about and have no plans on purchasing more. Gives me another week to work on getting new albums and organizing the finished lo's.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Sewflake

I haven't had the e-mail yet, but I only have a handful of sticker packs and 3 or 4 despised rub-on sheets. They are in my "miscellaneous" basket, along with coasters, self-adhesive flower packs, laser-cuts, random brad packs that don't fit into my colour-coded pill-boxes, envelopes and many other random things. That basket gets dug through a lot. I don't forget what's in there.

Actually I just remembered I do have some more in a ring binder in my desk, which does not get used much. I need to get those out and put them with the others so I don't forget about them. That's an easy task!

This class is fantastic for things like that. I believe I'm pretty organised and then it shows me that there are lots of little things that can be tweaked to work better. I'm loving it - thank you!

(Still skeered of the photo and negative week tho... )

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I came up with a cool idea:
How about a hanger for stickers hung by binder rings ? works until I can buy me a simply renee clip it up!!

dabnat
dabnat 
Expert
dabnat
In response to mindygail

Oh NO....I have more stickers than anyone should own. Although this week will be easy. Tonight at club we are going to purge and that is it. All our stickers are sorted by theme in drawers. We actually have one scrapper that uses them on almost every layout so I doubt we purge too much. I will post a photo later so you gals can understand what I am talking about.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to dabnat

Stickers and rub-ons kind of got organized when I did the alphas - since a lot of those were also stickers. They are all in the binders or the plastic cases.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to KatieJo

All my stickers are in my divided container or my pencil boxes. I was limited for space for so long that every time I got a sheet of stickers I would cut them apart and put them in their correct container. I have all my divided containers sorted in theme.

I don't have any rub ons. I only buy them as I need them. I do how ever love to make my own transfers. So my transfer paper is kept with all my other printer papers.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-29-13 01:52 PM
In response to dorichatelain

I have been a sticker hoarder for YEARS. I have most of my stickers organized by theme, but the way I store them is awful. Right now all the stickers for each theme are in a page protector (basically using them like bags), and I have 2 magazine boxes full of the page protectors. This keeps me from using them because I don't want to deal with the page protectors, and anytime I buy new stickers, they never get filed into the themes because I don't like dealing with them. So now I also have tons of stickers in random places with no real system.

I like Jill's idea of keeping my stickers with the paper of the same theme. I already kind of do this for some of them. I have some artbins that keep all my stuff for some of my bigger themes that I buy a lot of, like winery stuff. All my papers, stickers and embellies that are wine related are all in one bin. Same thing for travel. For the ones that won't go with the papers, I think I'll put them in hanging file folders with the alphas. And I know I have a LOT that I need to purge.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Vae

I purged my stickers several years ago, so I don't have that many. I LOVE the idea of storing rub-ons and stickers together. My rub-ons were already in a sheet protectors in a binder. Adding my remaining sticker collection was easy. Thanks for the simple, yet brilliant idea.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics