Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: How do I find friends and neighbors?!        (Topic#1360543)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

How to find friends and neighbors:

Get to know your neighbors! There are many ways in the neighborhood to meet people.

First off, you can find new potential friends by viewing all of the latest blogs, and other featured neighbors.

Click here to view featured neighbors!

Click here to view the latest blog entries from around the 'hood!

Need to search for a specific neighbor?
Click here to browse and search for neighbors!

Once you've "hit it off" with a neighbor, you can add them to your Friends list in My Place! Click on the name of the neighbor that you'd like to add. This will take you to their My Place. You'll see a link on the left, under Communication to add them to your Friends.

Some neighbors do have the system set to ask them to accept new friends - if this is the case, they won't be added to your Friends list until they've approved it.

You can also visit the United States and Regions forum. You might find neighbors very close to you!

Another way to meet folks is to visit the Non Scrapbook Related (NSBR) forums. There are threads there for many different lifestyles and interests.

NOTE: As you are browsing and participating here at Scrapbook.com, click on other users names (and/or pictures) throughout the site. You'll be taken directly to their "place" where you can learn more about them and add them to your Friends list.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 02-02-06 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

the collector
Expert
the collector
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Hi! I'm new here. Is it possible to search for neighbors in a particular city or state?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to the collector

Good afternoon!

Your best bet is to visit the United States and Regions forum - I know there's an active Michigan thread in there!

Rene' S.A.
Tenant
Rene' S.A.

My name is Rene' and I am new to scrapping. I live in a small town in South Africa and have no-one to talk to about my new passion. How could I get to know some of the girls from the States who seem to be part of such a big sisterhood of scrappers?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Rene' S.A.

Welcome!

My suggestion would be to post an intro in General Scrapbooking - tell us a bit about scrapping in South Africa! I'm sure lots of folks would like to get to know you better, and have you get to know them!

PJ101
PJ101 
Veteran
PJ101
  • PJ101 on 02-04-06 09:27 AM

Rene, I would love to be your friend. I have decorated several of my room's in an African Theme and would like to get to know more about African design. I have always dreamed of taking a picture taking safari through Africa since I was a little girl.

scrappinlife
Idol
scrappinlife
In response to PJ101

Hello ladies, am also a newbie. Am so happy to be part of this community. I have been scrappin about a year, and have lots to learn, and would love to talk to anyone. I am from wisconsin, and have 4 boys, my nest is almost empty and this helps fill the void. Have a wonderful day. Look forward to chatting with all scrap addicts.We are a committed bunch of gals

doodledot
Veteran
doodledot
In response to scrappinlife

Hello everyone, I am a newbie. I am so excited about this. You all have so much to offer. This is great, and I get to make some new friends!!! It is nice to talk to people who have so much in common. I can't wait to make friends.

Edited by doodledot on 02-06-06 09:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tracyk 
New Kid On the Block
In response to doodledot

Hello everyone, I am a newbie also,I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years now. i am so excited to have found scrapbook.com

soniadee
New Kid On the Block
soniadee
In response to tracyk

Hello all,I am also a newbie i am in the process of trying to start a scrapbook for the first time so if you have any tips on how i go about it please let me know im so happy to have found scrapbook.com hope to hear from someone very soon

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to soniadee

Welcome everyone!!!!

soniadee, there are classes available via e-mail in the University.

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/index.php

Tenant

Hi everyone. I just joined today and am looking forward to meeting lots of people and sharing ideas and learning lots of things. It looks like this is a great place to visit.

sweetkid
Veteran
sweetkid
In response to lindainsocal

Hello all. I am a newbie here also. I have been scrapbooking for about 6 plus years, but sometimes feel like a beginner. I am trying to get into some more swaps as I really enjoy them and found this site to have exactly what I am looking for. I am so excited to read the different ideas from everyone. Can't wait to meet new people that have the same interest that I do and can help out once in a while.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to sweetkid

Welcome!

emgems
emgems 
Tenant
emgems
In response to sweetkid

Welcome --- You've LOVE it here!

Samara Weir
Tenant
Samara Weir
In response to emgems

Yup here I am newbie as can be. I am excited to get to know so many of ya'll!!!

snowsusan
Tenant
snowsusan
In response to Samara Weir

new here and so far i have had a good time and hope to have more fun and meet some people.

Rose Etc1
Tenant
Rose Etc1

Hello I'm New to this "My Place" site and Process

I don't know how the Neighbor list is put on mu place page, it could be random for all I know? But it seemed a good place to start to meet some people and try and get to know others that have that extra strength of character that comes with their experiences, or where they are in their life, etc. Challenges and overcoming obstacles...Yet keeping the opitisum for life and seeing the memories of everything, becoming even more valuable!

If you are interested in breaking in someone new to this whole messaging and "my place" thing, let me know. I have professional skills as a photogragher and artist from before the digital days and have acquired the skills of Adobe Photoshop. I was paper scrapbooking (fancy photo albuming), long before anyone had invented the craz of these days. I always had my photos tell the story... but used captions, and whatever else I could find, make, save (from trips) etc. My albums were always hits and different than the average boring kinds everyone else did.

It is all the fancy new materials that sometimes interfers with my natural instint now, and I am still re-adjusting to learning how to make better use of all the goodies to save time... yet they still slow me down... I still see my own original vision (or it developss as I put together a series of photos) and can't always find the right pieces-embellishments, etc. to bring it all together. So I go round and round... I'm also a perfectionist which is a real curse in getting any scrapbook pages done...always projects in progress.

Well I wrote far more than I intended too, but now you know much more about where I am at in the scapbooking phase. Except there is more...if I get into my electronic online goals...

Please respond and let me know if I have done the right thing in contacting you (and making a post) like this.

Thank you so much, Sincerely,
Rose -{@

Twitterpated30
Expert
Twitterpated30
In response to Rose Etc1

Hi all,

I'm pretty new around here. This Friends thing has felt kinda intimidating to me (sorta like the first day at a new school...all shy and stuff...).

I hope I haven't been breaking ettiquite when it comes to adding friends onto my list. I've been sending them a PM and asking them for permission to add them to my list. Then I click on the button to add them to my friend list.

Should I be waiting to hear back from them before I hit the button to add them? I thought it sent them a message asking them to approve my request. I hope I've got it right.

So much to learn...
Diana

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Twitterpated30

Welcome!!!

It will send a message asking them to approve your request, so add away!!

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics