Username Post: UN-DO        (Topic#1450085)
New Kid On the Block

Does anyone know what the status of this product is? Will it ever be available again? Thanks.

scrapbooksuzieq
Pro
scrapbooksuzieq
In response to snapper

They have it a wally world here.

Jusascrappin
Diva
Jusascrappin
In response to scrapbooksuzieq

Get it while you can! The ingredients in the product make it impossible to ship anymore,or it would be so costly to do it that no one would be able to afford it from what I've been told by the owner of my LSS.

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 01-27-08 06:43 PM
In response to snapper

It has been banned in CA and maybe some other states will follow. From what I heard it is up to each store as to whether they carry it for now. At Michaels' they have moved it back to where the paints are...I can't find it at Walmart anymore...but, it is also known as Heptane and can be bought by the gallon at art supply stores, but it is not the same as lighter fluid from what I understand. good luck...I can't find it either.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Kiber

I had called the company last August. They stopped production b/c of environmental reasons. I did investigate and the chemical composition is Heptane-and I found rubber cement thinner is Heptane-N. I can't find anything to see what the -N means (chemically) but it smells and works just the same and it's cheap!!! I would guess this will be stopped soon too, but that's only a guess.

Here's the original discussion:

http://scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1430315/h...

CrazyDaisy
New Kid On the Block
CrazyDaisy
In response to scraperfect

In the latest edition of Scrapbooks Etc, I saw a product in an article about fixing common mistakes. The bottle looked exactly like UN DU, but it is called "Scrapper's Solution". I looked a little closer, and it says "By Un-Du" in smaller letters.

I googled Scrapper's Solution, and found several places online that carry it. I'm not sure if it's the same, or if they just changed the name.

Tenant
In response to snapper

The lady who owns my LSS said that a new product that was safe to ship will be coming out. The "Scrapper's Solution" that CrazyDaisy mentioned may be the new product.

Kim

Julia2000
Diva
Julia2000
In response to Kimascrapper

I too have recently heard about the rubber cement remover. I have not tried it yet, but next time I'm at an art supply store I'll be looking for: Bestine, solvent and thinner, for thinning and removing rubber cement.

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to Julia2000

Scrapper's Solution is already out. It has been for about a year. I love that stuff...Kinda sad if we cant get it!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ajroemisch

I'd have to double check, but I think my bottle of Un du says "scrappers solution," and I've had it for years.

colleenak
Diva
colleenak
In response to Bxr-Linda

I feel like an idiot! No wonder why I can't find the stuff anymore. I loved that stuff because it actually worked, but it was dangerous to work with or be around then I guess it isn't worth it!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrazyDaisy

• CrazyDaisy Said:
In the latest edition of Scrapbooks Etc, I saw a product in an article about fixing common mistakes. The bottle looked exactly like UN DU, but it is called "Scrapper's Solution". I looked a little closer, and it says "By Un-Du" in smaller letters.

I googled Scrapper's Solution, and found several places online that carry it. I'm not sure if it's the same, or if they just changed the name.

I Google'd it too. The suppliers I checked all showed it unavailable or out of stock. ???

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to Bxr-Linda

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING AND SEARCHING!!! Thanks for starting this thread and getting the info out there!! This is why I love these forums.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics