Username Post: lo pages        (Topic#1459449)
tjsmom59
Pro
tjsmom59

could anyone tell me how to take pics of layouts for my gallery~~i keep getting a glare!!

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to tjsmom59

I get them too! I try to get the lighting just right in the house.... kind of dim and you can brighten them up using the enhancing on your picture program. This works for me. But Im not an expert either.....LOL

Lydia S
Governor
Lydia S
In response to kaye222

If you dont have an enhancing program, try to put a desk lamp over layout and take a picture without your flash. HTH

croppycatter
Resident
croppycatter
In response to Lydia S

I'll open up my door to the house and lay it in the floor and stand over it. Turn off your flash too. But the more natural light you have coming in, the better.

If you have a scanner and image editing program, you can do it that way too. I scan mine...usually all four corners...and then do a photomerge in PSE.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to croppycatter

Make sure you don't have a page protector over the LO first of all.

I always take mine to the porch (all windows) or outside to take a pic. Natural light is best IMO, it makes the colors more true. But it only works if you're getting ENOUGH light. Inside, I almost always have shadows or glare or there's one part of the LO that is slightly brighter than another. If you have good quality lighting (like to take photos with) that works as well, but since I don't, I use the natural light

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 04-10-08 08:19 PM
In response to tjsmom59

100% natural light..no flash..then upload to your computer and crop and enhance just like a picture.

Eisa
Eisa 
Veteran
Eisa
  • Eisa on 04-10-08 08:54 PM
In response to Kiber

I've had the same problem before - thanks to those above for the ideas

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Eisa

Some people take them outside into the natural light and don't use a flash.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Kiber

• Kiber Said:
100% natural light..no flash..then upload to your computer and crop and enhance just like a picture.

This is what I do with my 12x12's. Anything any smaller, I scan, crop and enhance in my scanner's software, then save to My Pictures.

Oh, and WELCOME to the neighborhood! I think you'll like it here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics