Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Reason to have the Cricut Expression AND Cuttlebug?        (Topic#1461645)
tricia07
Guru
tricia07

Is there a GOOD reason to have both?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to tricia07

embossing. sometimes you don't want to turn on the cricut just for one tiny shape. the cricut can be cutting out titles while you cut out shapes on the 'bug. you can still use the cuttlebug in a blackout.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to moxiegirl23

I purchased the cricut to cut out letters and shapes, but it does not emboss. I bought the cuttlebug mainly to use with my Fiskars texture templates, but now if there is something I want quick it is much easier to bring it out rather than the cricut. Mostly use the cricut now for alphas and the cuttlebug for shapes and embossing. I love them both!

JennaS
JennaS 
Diva
JennaS
In response to llprncess3

I have the Expressions. I am going to purchase the Cuttlebug for embossing. Also, it's much cheaper to buy a die rather than buy a cartridge for that one shape that you REALLY want.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to JennaS

You guys are going to make me spend more money!!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to tricia07

Also the Cuttlebug can cut foam, felt and thin chipboard..the Cricut can't!!!

I have the Cricut and a Cuttlebug and I don't regret buying either!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to JayAndXansMom

Embossing!! Ever since my dad & I bought my mom her CuttleBug the other day I have been hooked on embossing!!

SpoilMeRotten
Veteran
SpoilMeRotten
In response to SQ Mandi

hmm i never considered this... maybe i need a cuttlebug now too, lol!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to SpoilMeRotten

I know its terrible! My husband saw my Cricut and Xyron last night and said you have all the cool tools don't you and I said NO not YET but I will have!!!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to tricia07

Is the Cuttlebug the best thing for Embossing? Should I sell the Fiskars Emboss thing I have? I haven't tried it yet...maybe I just see if I still have the box and return it to Michaels...Hmmmmmmmmmm...

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to tricia07

Darn it I don't have the box...and of course Michaels wants it in the original package. They suck

kathscrapper7
Pro
kathscrapper7
In response to tricia07

I love the cuttlebug for the embossing folders. They're only about $2 w/ coupon and make gorgeous cards. I don't use it for diecuts at all because I have so many cricut cartridges. Go to the provocraft website to see all the embossed cards. If you don't make cards you probably don't need it!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to kathscrapper7

I don't make cards and I LOVE my Cuttlebug. I love the cheap dies that you can get and the dies that cut and emboss ROCK! I use my embossing folders to make stuff for my layouts. For example, I used the heart shaped die to cut out a heart and then ran it through the swirly embossing folder to give it some dimension!

semperfinescrapper
Veteran
semperfinescrapper
In response to JayAndXansMom

Ok, I have a dumb question? Whats the difference between the cuttlebug at wallyworld for 19.99 and the little dies that go to it and the one at Michaels for more money? Is there one I should be looking for and does anyone have an example of work it does?

BTW...YOU all are enabling again!!!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to semperfinescrapper

They ARE ALL ENABLERS!!!! No joke! Since finding this site a few weeks ago I now have purchased since then the following:

A cricut expression
Fiskars Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Xyron 510
A new desk from Target for my new scraproom I am starting
AND I just went and bought the CUTTLEBUG!!!

I got the cuttlebug for 1/2 off as well as the trimmer and 510...Love those Coupons to Michaels!!!

Enablers...I tell ya!

Edited by tricia07 on 04-30-08 08:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to semperfinescrapper

The one at WM is the cuttlekids. It's smaller since is geared towards kids. Only the cuttlekids dies can be used with it. The Cuttlebug is bigger and it can use other dies (sizzix ect.) I love mine!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to krishunter

Okay, here we go:

1. Cuttlebug can emboss. You can cut your design/letter with Cricut, then run it through Cuttlebug with an embossing folder for an interesting embossed look.

2. Cuttlebug can cut foam, chipboard, fabric, basically anything the bigger Sizzix and Sizzix Big Kick can cut. (So long as you use Originalz, Bigz, Thick Cuts, or other thick die.)

3. We can't have Cricut getting lonely; my Cuttlebug keeps my Cricut Expression company. When I told my hubby this, he looked at me like I'd grown a third head and shook his head at me.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to BlingQueenRia

I love that third reason! I told my dh that I went and got it today and he was happy I did! That always takes the guilt away!

Ok but I dont need the sizzix do I????

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tricia07

NO NO NO...you can use every Sizzix die (and MANY other brands: QK, QK Cookie Cutters, Ellison, Wizard) in your Cuttlebug. In fact, because I got my Cuttlebug, I'm giving my Sizzix to a friend.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to BlingQueenRia

OK whew cause I did not WANT to get another toy...unless theres another I just have to have! LOL I am terrible!!!

Good to know on the sizzix!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics