Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: QOTD 5/21        (Topic#1464543)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-08 03:15 AM

How long have you been scrapbooking? Has your style changed over time?

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to theboydbunch

I don't remember a time when I didn't do some form of scrapping.

It all started with Magazines and those magnetic albums!

So yeah, you could say it definatly changed my style over time.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Picture Happy

Since Diana Spencer married Prince Charles back in 1981. I pasted newspaper clippings into Mead notebooks.

My style has changed in that I'm no longer using glue, Scotch tape and 3 subject notebooks. I'm still a fairly simple scrapper, with the emphasis on my pictures rather than embellishments or techniques.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to moxiegirl23

I've been scrapping for nearly 8 years, and my style has changed tremendously!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to ScrappyPrincess

I started really scrapping this past winter and my style has already changed. Maybe its that I'm still trying to find my style.

I feel like I've been scrapbooking longer because I bought a ton of supplies years ago, but just never got into it.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Amigosa

It's a year this month. I started with a kit that was originally meant for my dd to use after my granddaughter was born. Well my dd never used it and I gave it a try... and here I am
My style is starting to change, but I'm still kind of finding it.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Amigosa

Since 2003. I think my style has changed since 2006.. I cant explain it but I like my LO's MORE now then I did then.

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to SQ Mandi

Off and on for many years.... addicted for a little over a year now

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to SQ Mandi

Since i was introduced to it in 2000 I guess it has been 8 years. . . . . I wasn't as into it as I have been in the last year because now I am totally addicted! I used to have control but now ummm not so much LOL! My style had change a TON and I have to say that I am happy with where it is!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to mkthomas

It's been over 10 years but it's not really my style that's changed but as I acquired new toys/tools the look did change.

Started out with templates and hand cut things. I've always been into die cuts and still am, so that didn't change.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to coffeenow

I technically started the summer after 8th grade in 1995, but didn't really get into scrapbooking until a couple years after that.

My style has changed over that time, it's a much cleaner style.

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to Vivian loves BLING

If I start at my high school memories book,, well I won't say how long,,, but my style has changed,, or maybe it's just that I like so many different techniques and tools and as I aquire them,, my lo's look different.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to sunberry2

I started scrapping in 2000 and my style has changed through the years.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to JayAndXansMom

Started in 2001 and my style had changed, not a ton but some here and there.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to scrappinmonkey

I tried a couple of years ago...for a few months but wasn't that excited with it...then I had my daughter last year and am getting back into it...I find it's a lot more fun with kids!

Still trying to find my style...all of the layouts on here are so inspirational!!!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to tricia07

I have been scrapping for a year or less. It really hasnt changed that much yet.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to navyaowife2005

I've been scrapping for a little over two years now. Yes I think my style has changed in the sense that I've gotten "better". And, I also have way more supplies! LOL!

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Babylou

Many years.
My style has changed with my experience & introduction to new things.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Babylou

I did some scrapping about 13 years ago; right after I had my son. I did alot of his baby pictures and up until he started Pre-K, then I stopped.

I started up again about 3 years ago when I joined a Mommies Group and we had a scrapbooking sub-group.

I think my style has changed tremendously from the first album, but there is also alot of difference from when I started back up 3 years ago as well.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to shopgirlaudi

I scrapped with my mom when I was really young (like 10 or 11) but had a long break until my co-workers got me into it in 2006. I know that trends have changed a LOT since my first scrap booking page so my style has changed too! Since I started in 2006 I've been able to see a change as well, but it's kind of like Mandi said, I'm not sure exactly how to describe it but I like my layouts better =)

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics