Username Post: Okay, I bought it b/c you said so...now...        (Topic#1464615)
ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

what do I use Mod Podge for? I've heard it mentioned, I saw it, I bought it...now tell me all the great things to do with it! (I know, I'm a follower!-- or an advertiser's dream! lol)

BTW, I didn't know there were different kinds, so I went with Matte-Mat...it seemed like the beginner's model.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ScrappinMom4

The only thing I've used ModgePodge for is adhering paper to wood and chipboard. In my gallery are pics of some large letters I covered with paper. I chose not to top coat with the MP. You just have to find something to alter...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to ScrappinMom4

I use Mod-Podge a lot. It's great to adhere a large surface. I used it on my Off to the Pub lo in my gallery to get the pp to stick to the card stock after being wet then dried then ironed. I've also torn up bits of tissue paper then brushing with MP to make a crinkled background. I'm having some issues with the internet and will try to load an example tomorrow.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to scrap4brains

I used Mod Podge when I altered a wooden clock. I adhered my paper to the clock face with it and then covered the paper for a nice glossy look.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

I use mod podge for alot of my altered or canvas projects.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to HerHighness68

i used it to make my lunch box and my sisters wedding movie case. check out my gallery in the altered stuff album.

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to Seaexplore

I just used mine today to cover a 7 Gypsies tag that the color didn't match.

I just put a thin layer on it and put the cardstock on top and then just cut around it with a craft knife. Totally gave my tag new life.

I mod podge. Have fun with it. It's addictive

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Seaexplore

I used to it cover altered composition books for journals for gifts.

I also used it to seal the cover of a scrapbook I decorated.

I've used it to seal a box I altered.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to leebla

I use it to Alter albums,notebooks, journals and a few other altered items I have done.Also, I have used it to give the project a "shiny" Look!

blessedwifeandmommy
Veteran
blessedwifeandmommy
In response to leebla

if it is still it is in danger of mod podge at my house LOL. not really, but i do LOVE the stuff. i have used it to adhere torn bits of tissue to the inside of a clear vase to hold candle. i used it to make the kids Easter buckets. i have used it on blocks to make a 3d picture puzzles. i have used it decorating the fronts of binders. i also used it to make this cute little box. all of these are in my gallery except the picture blocks. but if you are interested i will find them.

moonhoney2
Guru
moonhoney2
In response to blessedwifeandmommy

I use it to seal chipboard that I've painted. That's about it.

GinaAlyshia
Pro
GinaAlyshia
In response to moonhoney2

i have some...but havent used it yet. i plan to alter a few comp books though.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to GinaAlyshia

you can get it in SPARKLE! While searching for this, since I'm a sucker for glittery stuff, I decided to get out my acrylic paints and I have irridescent tinting medium that I painted on and then mod podged over it- looks really cool and shimmery. Still haven't tried using the sparkle but I did get it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics