Username Post: Help w/ SBook Party 4 fundraiser        (Topic#1465271)
Jemenifer22
Resident
Jemenifer22

Ok, so my sister belongs to a church that likes to host little gatherings and I told her that she should suggest doing a Scrapbooking gathering and see how well the idea flies, well it flew really well. She asked me what could they do... and sadly I was dumbfounded. I told her I would post a topic and ask for help.

Here's the deal, with these gatherings there is usually a fee to get in, that's the fundraising part, well...that's as far as we are right now (hahahaha) I told her that I have PLENTY of paper from stacks that I could contribute, but didn't have much else to donate, besides the use of my Cricut (cross fingers it doesn't burn up), and the use of any of my tools (eyelet setter, hole punches, embosser, etc...).

Now here's my question....if you would be hosting one of these "crop parties", what would you ask people to bring? or How would you go about doing this?

Keep in mind that some people may be new to scrapbooking and/or this may be their first time.

ANY ideas would help!!!

scrapam
Guru
scrapam
In response to Jemenifer22

First I would round up some donations for the fundraiser crop from LSSs (they get advertising in return), supermarkets/food places for food/bevs. Possibly copy place for flyers, etc. (Thank businesses who donate in flyer & mention at fundraiser).
Advertise a few 'makeNtakes', possibly from items donated by LSSs. Check $ store for what they have. I was able to get a huge amount of Christmas theme stuff for a Christmas LO makeNtake. Possibly someone to demo a technique or how to make a mini-album (paper bag mini-albums are great for watching cost).
Ask Gals to bring scissors w/ their name attached to them, their own covered beverage container (no money wasted & lot less clean up), pics they want to scrap. Have a few contests--like craziest hat, trivia. Contests for LOs made there.

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 05-27-08 04:32 PM

Hi I host a crop monthly as a fund raiser. It runs from 6-midnight on a Friday night. I charge a fee which covers the table space. I bring my tools. punches, sizzix and chocolate. The ladies that attend take turns bringing snacks to share. I provide drinks.
I also have hourly door prizes of scrap supplies.
When I first started I had consultants from CM> CTMY and IRW attend so that scrappers could purchase materials and I would ask them for a donation for the door prizes. However I have since become a CM consultant so I am able to provide materials for cash and carry that night or orders to be delivered the following month.

Joan

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrapam

I was a vendor for a crop back in April. Everyone paid an entry fee, brought whatever they needed to crop with as far as paper, trimmer, adhesives were concerned. LSSs donated stuff for a goody bag and door prizes. I brought all my tools so people could use them if they wanted to. they also had a swap table, where people left their leftover slabs, stickers, etc for other people to take.

Jemenifer22
Resident
Jemenifer22
In response to moxiegirl23

btt

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93

I did a deer widown crop a few years ago and all our proceeds went to The Humane Society.

What we did was ask some of the bigger scrapbooking companies for donations (not sure how your time limit is). We called grocery stores and explained what we were doing, most of them were more then happy to donate. We got all the items donated for a spagetti dinner, WM gave us a $50 gift cert. and we used that towards drinks. ANd then our local LSS let us have stuff on consignment. If it sold, we could keep a percentage of it if it didn't we just brought it back. ANd they let us use the tools that they have there for crops.

But we put on all the flyers that we advertised, for people to bring their own trimmer and supplies if they had them. And most people brought snacks and stuff...

Hope you have a good turnout and do well!!

Hugs

Kathy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics