Username Post: distracted        (Topic#1466993)
jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3

I have parts to a lo on my work station and I keep walking away. I already went to the craft store once today and I want to go again. I guess that creative mood hasn't hit me. I keep looking at layouts here to get inspired but it's just not happening. The worst part is that my husband is away and I don't feel quilty about scrapping!! AGH!!!!

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 06-10-08 03:35 PM
In response to jenyjen3

Cover it and walk away. Then come back and look at it again. This is what I do if I can't get it to work. Good luck.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to JoanE

Or maybe work on a different LO or othe project. Sometimes the idea of a new project gets me pumped up again. Good luck!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to JoanE

That's what I would do as well...walk away for a few minutes...or heck even go through some pictures and start a new layout then come back to the other one later. Good Luck!

live4scrappin
Expert
live4scrappin
In response to jenyjen3

I guess it's b'c you don't feel the pressure of getting it done quickly since your DH is away. For me I get in the mood at night then I can really scrap until 4am.

Maybe you can get inspiration from somewhere else. Do your journaling first, pick a color first, or a title

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to live4scrappin

Put it away, have a margarita (or beverage of choice) and start something new. Maybe a new, fun altered project or a LO. I also try to challenge myself with something new; like doing a monochromatic LO, using a supply I bought and haven't used yet, I try to make some handmade embellishments, or decide not to use any patterned paper . Sometimes, when you give yourself a challenge, you figure out ways to make things more interesting, than stick a button here and a sticker there. Also, check out some of the challenges here! They can be very inspirational, even if you don't participate in them.

Sometimes, too, I'll go to a CVS and pick up a Vanity Fair, Cosmo, Lucky, or Vogue... I really like to look at fashion and try to relate it to scrapbooking!

Have fun and good luck gettin the mojo going'!

AmberSageMist
Veteran
AmberSageMist
In response to ScrapperSara22

I am having the same problem, as I posted earlier...Its terrible when you want and have time to scrapbook but you just can't....U was thinking about pulling out my old scrapping magazines and seeing if maybe I could scrapbook a page lift of one of theirs...try scraplifting a page and maybe that will help!

Mom to the Boys
Governor
Mom to the Boys
In response to AmberSageMist

put it away. I did a challenge under pressure and it came out horrible. Not the way I wanted it at all...come back to it or do another project. You'll get the creative feeling back soon.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to Mom to the Boys

I put it away and just start playing with my products ... trying test technigues doodling playing. This always gets me creating.

Rachel's mom
Veteran
Rachel's mom
In response to tina c

I hate that feeling!! Happens to me all the time...I finally get time to work on something and then "smack"...I hit the scrappers block brick wall!! I think the frustration of wanting to scrap and not being able to is more difficult than making that LO "work." As tough as it is to do, I agree...just put it away for a little while and come back to it later!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Rachel's mom

I'm going through the same thing at the moment. Got my LO planned and now that I'm putting it all together.. it just looks blah to me. The colors aren't right or the design isn't right. SOMETHING isn't right, but I can't figure out how to fix it.. so I've walked away for the evening and I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics