Username Post: HP Photosmart C6280 Printer        (Topic#1468777)
Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

Please let me know if you have this printer. I have a few questions about it.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to Scrapsaholic

Is this one of the ones that prints 12x12? I didn't know they made printers that did that. Now I want one!!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to tricia07

I have the HP Photosmart C6180, don't know if I can help you or not, I have not used all my features as in regards to taking pics straight from the chip, and I also lost my book back when I got it, but I have had it a year now, so depending on your question??????

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
Is this one of the ones that prints 12x12? I didn't know they made printers that did that. Now I want one!!

No, it doesn't print 12x12, but I wish it did!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

Ok, here is my question.

Say I start a print job of 20 pictures and it runs out of paper or ink half way through. So, I replace the paper or ink and it starts the print job all over again. It doesn't finish the rest of the print job, it starts back at the beginning, so I end up with 2 of the same pictures. I can't imagine this is normal. Does this happen to you or do I have a piece of crap?? I've only had it for 6 months but it's too late to return to the store. I wonder if HP will do anything if I call them.

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee

I have 2 hp's and really love them. I have the D7460 and the 3210. But I must say I never print 20 at a time. So I don't know if this happens with my printers or not. I usually just print maybe 3 or 4 at a time.

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee
In response to Karen-Lee

Oh wait a sec....if I don't put in enough photo paper it will start where it left off. I just thought of that!!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Karen-Lee

That's what I thought it should do but for some reason it starts all over again. Really makes me mad. I think I have a defective printer.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic

BTT...anyone else experience this problem?

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 06-27-08 04:07 AM

Have you looked for software updates?? That would be a software issue and not a printer issue (although the 2 work hand in hand).

I have 2 HP's. If mine runs out of paper I have to hit the on/off button to resume where I left off. Is your's the same.

Kelly Goree
Expert
Kelly Goree
In response to Keys

i have the 4280 and they're similar but the 6280 has a few more bells and whistles. i'll try and help if i can

on mine, it flashes if I run out of paper and I have to press a button that says "continue" and then "ok" once i get paper in.

if you continue to have this problem, I would go into my print cue and delete the rest of the print job and then start the print again from where you left off. HTH.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Kelly Goree

i just bought a 6280 last week. and iknow in the preference section, you can tell it how to select what order to print things. you may want to look there.

i also recommend calling the HP number or going to the site. they may have some tips there.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Lamoo12

I have the HP C6280. I have never had that problem. Of course, I haven't had to change ink in the middle of a job, though. Paper yes. I've run out of paper and it'll let me know. I put the paper in, and it continues right where it left off. Sounds like you might have a glitch in your software? Maybe try to see if there's an update that can fix it?

The only "complaint" I have about the software is that in order to print pics I have to "add" each folder to the "gallery." I have gone through and manually added each folder so I could just print what I wanted when I needed, and still I have to "add folder." It's annoying.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to call HP tomorrow and see what they say. I know there is some problem, either with the printer or the computer because if I turn off the printer and turn it back on, the computer doesn't recognize it and I have to install it all over again. Talk about aggravation!

Froggie1rw
New Kid On the Block
Froggie1rw
In response to BlingQueenRia

I have not had this problem with mine. Everytime I open Photo Smart Essentials it automatically finds any new pictures I have added to my hard drive and adds them to the Library. Are you using Essentials 2 or 3?

Rhonda

Froggie1rw
New Kid On the Block
Froggie1rw

It sounds like the printer never finished the install process. Do not go to the online help. Just make the call. Your problem will get solved much quicker. I had some problems with my install and online couldn't help me. When I called the 800 number they were able to help me immediately by asking just a few questions. Also, for the printer to install correctly your USB ports must be USB 2.0, if they are USB 1.1 the install will not run properly.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Froggie1rw

I have no idea if I'm using Essentials 2 or 3...

My USB ports are definitely 2.0. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with install issues. I will make that call to HP tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Froggie1rw
New Kid On the Block
Froggie1rw

No problem with the help. When you start Essentials it should tell you with it is 2 or 3.

Rhonda

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Froggie1rw

• Froggie1rw Said:
No problem with the help. When you start Essentials it should tell you with it is 2 or 3.

Rhonda

Oh, okay. It is 3.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics