Username Post: Small "ready to use" album        (Topic#1470691)
stephie355
Tenant
stephie355

I'd like to make a small album to auction off at my family reunion in a couple of weeks, something where you can have the book all done and whoever buys it can just place their photos in it. Maybe a Family themed book, or just a generec type of thing that would work for anyone. Does anyone have something similar in their galleries that I can take a look at, or any ideas for this quickie project?

Maybe this will get me started and get my creativity flowing for the books I'm planning on starting for my kiddos.

Thanks for any input...

Passion Flower Scrapper
Veteran
Passion Flower Scrapper
In response to stephie355

I have one that I did as a gift for a neice. It is full of bright colors.

I would probably make it themed, to like family, summer or something that would work for everyone. These kind of books are fun and easy to do.

Good luck.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07

Creative memories makes small paper kits...they are so cute. I have done a one in the past, have pictures will try and upload some today/tomorrow.

Also they have a paper kits...earthy paper pallette and several others...they come with the patterned paper , stickers and word stickers...you can do them in an 8x8 album or 12x12...I love their stuff!!!

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to tricia07

I don't have any photos in my gallery, but for Mother's Day, I did two 6x6 books (for my mom and grandmother), with photo mats for school/wallet sized photos, since I figure they have several of those from the assorted grandchildren. It was a rather generic book, but since we have both boys and girls in our extended family, I did some pages a bit more "girlie" and some more "boyish" but tried to keep it generic overall. It didn't have a theme, but I tried to keep it connected throughout by using the same package of paper.

I wish I had taken photos though! Maybe I'll borrow my mom's back to photograph it... LOL

stephie355
Tenant
stephie355
In response to Passion Flower Scrapper

• Passion Flower Scrapper Said:
I have one that I did as a gift for a neice. It is full of bright colors.

I would probably make it themed, to like family, summer or something that would work for everyone. These kind of books are fun and easy to do.

Good luck.

That's just what I am thinking, thanks! I'll probably do something on that line, except I think I'll add the photo mats and photo corners so all they have to do is put the pic in. What did you use for the covers? I'll probably just go and buy a small album, but I like that you made the whole thing.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac

A Christmas theme may be good, too.

stephie355
Tenant
stephie355
In response to scrappinmac

• scrappinmac Said:
A Christmas theme may be good, too.

Oh, yeah!!! Thanks!!

Caneen
Caneen 
Tenant
Caneen

Adding in a glue runner or some cheep photo safe glue might be a good thing too, it will make it easier for them to complete the project and they wont use something that might damage the photos w/o knowing better.

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI

• stephie355 Said:
I'd like to make a small album to auction off at my family reunion in a couple of weeks, something where you can have the book all done and whoever buys it can just place their photos in it. Maybe a Family themed book, or just a generec type of thing that would work for anyone. Does anyone have something similar in their galleries that I can take a look at, or any ideas for this quickie project?

Maybe this will get me started and get my creativity flowing for the books I'm planning on starting for my kiddos.

Thanks for any input...

I have a flip book I made in my gallery for a family reunion auction item. I also have some scrapbooks I made from old CD's. Go take a look.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

This is going in a different direction but a handmade cookbook using family recipes would be fun too.

stephie355
Tenant
stephie355
In response to Caneen

• Caneen Said:
Adding in a glue runner or some cheep photo safe glue might be a good thing too, it will make it easier for them to complete the project and they wont use something that might damage the photos w/o knowing better.

I thought I'd just put in photo corners...what do you think?

stephie355
Tenant
stephie355

I finally just went and bought a Kit, with album and pages, and I'm going to spice it up my way. I started to put it together last night, and it did get my own creativity more focused in the direction I'd like to take. Thanks everyone for the ideas!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics