Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: I Would Like To Know        (Topic#1470799)
~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~

I would like to know:

1. How and where do you store/display your finished albums.

2. Do you have all different albums (colors, styles, brands) or are they all the exact same albums (color, style, brand)?

I know we've touched on this subject before, but now that I have five finished 12x12's and three more 12x12's started and four 8x8's finished, I am thinking of displaying them in my living room instead of my scrap room, but they are all in different albums (all different colors, styles, brands)-- colors that won't go in my living room. I am thinking they would look nice in matching albums and labeled which album they are.

I would very much like to see a photo of how your albums are displayed. Thank you for all your help!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

Mine are in my scraproom and living room. No special albums, just mixed up. They are lying down, I know they are supposed to be standing but I don't have a shelf.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Well, I don't have a photo, but I moved my albums to my living room when I needed the shelf space in my scrap room. They're all different colors and I don't care if they match my living room or not. They sit on the top shelf of a bookcase that also houses family games. My hope is that when the kids get older and they're not playing in my living room anymore, I can have a coffee table again and rotate albums on there for myself and others to look through.

New Kid On the Block
In response to CatScrapsHere

Mine are still in my scraproom. I want to get the d ring albums so I will change them at some point so they are all matching.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to angmom28

I use all CM albums. Every year gets it's own color. I have the 12x12s on a shelf in my closet and the 7x7s in a basket that I have on top of my scrap storage space. Depending on who comes over, I put one or two on my coffee table.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

I have a mis-match of albums. I buy then when they are on sale. I try to at least get colors that don't clash (too much)

Some are on a bookshelf in our family room, others are in the basement - where my scrap dungeon is.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to scrappycath

It's hard to find a shelf that's deep enough to accommodate the 12x12 albums. I have mine in the guest bedroom on a cedar chest (bookends). I've had several people stay over and ask if they could look at my albums. They're all navy blue, but the company I loved doesn't do albums any longer, so I have switched brands and they're a little different. All are 3-ring style.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
It's hard to find a shelf that's deep enough to accommodate the 12x12 albums. I have mine in the guest bedroom on a cedar chest (bookends). I've had several people stay over and ask if they could look at my albums. They're all navy blue, but the company I loved doesn't do albums any longer, so I have switched brands and they're a little different. All are 3-ring style.

This would be my luck. Dh says every time I find things that I just love, they discontinue it. It's a little joke now. If I say I love it, he says I'd better get lots of it, because it will be gone tomorrow!

Thank you everyone. Keep them coming. I'm learning a lot. Dh is a wood worker (just no time to do it), but eventually I think I could get him to make me a glass front bookcase to fit the 12x12's and with a top shelf to fit the 8x8's, but where would I put it? Hmmmmm. All ideas are appreciated.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

i dont have a pic yet... but mine are in a book shelf (cheapy build it yourself kit) at the top of the stairs. when i "finish" a book i leave it in the family room for a few weeks, then back on the shelf.

i buy different color books for each year and trip. i try to coordinate some. ie: all the books for working on the house are black, all the ones for the wedding are shades of white, the 2 books for 2006 are blue. then the vaca ones i spend more on. our visit to TX is leathery with a belt and buckle; the one for FL is all bright and rainbowy.

good luck with your organizing!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to Lamoo12

Mine are in my bedroom, all different kids and colors of albums.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to denitza

Mine are all different sizes, brands and colors. I really haven't picked a favorite type of album yet. They are stored on the top with bookends of a rolling Sterlite drawer chest.

kristin9312
Pro
kristin9312
In response to scrap4brains

Mine are still all on one shelf on my scrapbook shelf storage. I need to move them somewhere else though as I need that space to store scrapbook supplies...HEHEHE. I have all different color scrapbooks. No real rhyme or reason as to why I used which color. Just the one on got that specific day.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Mine are all different colors and styles. I have the K & Company Cub Scout one for ds' scout album, and a travel themed one for our DC trip, pastel colored ones for the baby albums, etc. I put them on the book shelf in the living room, and rotate them as coffee table books when I have company coming over, which one I put out is determined by who is coming and what I think would be most interesting to the visitor.

Cackles
Veteran
Cackles

I have always used just CM albums. I have about fifteen of them. I just recently did a post album from CTMH. I'm sure I like the post album. I had a hard time working with it when I was putting it together. I took two people. And, it's a different size.

I keep my albums in a bookcase in my family room. They are all different colors. But, I like that. I did stick to a specific color when I had more than one album for an event. For example, my daughter's wedding or my granddaughter's first year.

JenButler
Diva
JenButler
In response to Cackles

My albums are stored on shelves in my scraproom. All of the albums are the same color, style and brand, which were picked to match our home decor . . . yes, I'm picky that way!

love2bcrafty
Resident
love2bcrafty
In response to Cackles

1. How and where do you store/display your finished albums.
I have them all in a row on a shelf (easy access) and I also have them all labeled so when I go looking I know exactly where to get it.

2. Do you have all different albums (colors, styles, brands) or are they all the exact same albums (color, style, brand)?

All different kinds. From 12x12's to 5x5's
and they all are a different color,style and brand.

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ

My books are all different. I pick them out for whatever it is I am doing at the time. Example: Husbands is a handmade Dallas Cowboy Album; boys are Scout Albums; Girls are pinks, mint greens and such. I have many albums, all are a work in progress and will not be completed until they are completed! I keep them standing inside an entertainment center wtih doors, to keep the dust out. They are in my scrap room. When company comes over, I pull out the ones that I think would interest them. I personally love looking through all of them.

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to love2bcrafty

I'm no help... I'm still working on my 2nd album, and the first one was a premade album.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to Lori_B

I keep mine on a shelf in living room. They don't match, though a few are Creative Memories in different colors, so they at least match in size. I don't mind if they match. Everything else in the room doesn't match exactly.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to Frau_Cooney

All of my albums are 12x12. I store them in my family room, under the end tables. The tables are two tiered, and the albums fit perfectly standing up. They are all different colors, but you really cannot tell that too much until you start taking them out.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics