Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Poll - Which do YOU scrap first?        (Topic#1477187)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

When it comes to photos, which ones do you personally work with first?

Which ones do YOU work on first?
Oldest pics first/Current pics last (oldest - newest)
Current pics first/Oldest pics last (newest - oldest)
Neither one...I'm basically all over the place (random)
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 08-27-08 05:56 AM to 08-27-09 05:56 AM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

In general, I know and have heard, that it's 'suppose to be' easier to go from current pics to older pics...Current being more current & easiest to remember...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I originally started off working with the oldest pics first, but have only put a small dent into those pics.

As of now, I am trying my best to work with and stay current & if nothing else, my goal is to be caught up for this year alone!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to KellyCali

Ok I will be honest I am a shopper!! I have all the stuff I need to do my albums and scrap most of my pics but I just need to stay home and put it all together!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Aumommie

I used to scrap each page as it would appear in my album, so I couldn't scrap a newer pic without scrapping the older one first. Now, I just scrap whatever I am in the mood to scrap. Then I put the album together and in order at the end of the year.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-27-08 06:15 AM
In response to Aumommie

I'm pretty random! I sorted all my pics and have them in big storage bins (you know, the really big rubbermaid ones that you can store in the garage or attic). Then I just pick a pack of pics that interest me at the time.
I do scrap the whole event from that group before I move on to another pack. For example, I have 1 more LO to do for our 1993 trip to Hawaii, all the other LOs for that trip are finished.

loriglen
Veteran
loriglen
In response to Tivi

I'm all over the place too. I have huge stacks of old photos. I go thru old and new and see what jumps out at me, then scrap it.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to loriglen

i try to do it in order...to help keep me organized. doesnt always work...

Dsnygrl
New Kid On the Block
Dsnygrl
In response to loriglen

I'm all over the place too, but I do keep to one project or album at a time. I couldn't juggle several albums at once.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to loriglen

I am completely all over the place! RIght now I'm working on stuff from my DD's first month home (9/05)...my senior year of high school (1998) and Our trip to TN this past June.

JenButler
Diva
JenButler
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
I'm pretty random! I sorted all my pics and have them in big storage bins (you know, the really big rubbermaid ones that you can store in the garage or attic). Then I just pick a pack of pics that interest me at the time.
I do scrap the whole event from that group before I move on to another pack. For example, I have 1 more LO to do for our 1993 trip to Hawaii, all the other LOs for that trip are finished.

I do the same thing!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to JenButler

I usually try to stay *somewhat* caught up on the current year, but I will go back and work on some older stuff too sometimes.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to scraprabbit

whatever pic I want to whether it is old or new, just depends

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to lilmrmaid

I try to do the ones of my dd in order, which I'm about 8 months behind on. If we take a trip, I usually do those as soon as possible. Right now I'm collecting stuff for our Disneyland album and the trip was in June. I've completed the ones for my dd and niece. Once it's done, I will go back to work on the others. I did finally do our wedding album 22 years later and a Story of Us album. One of these days maybe I will try to get my childhood pictures done.

Not enough time in the day.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to momtokatie

That's a hard question. When I did my BOM, my ds's album, and my dd's album I scrapped from oldest to newest (birth to hs graduation). Lately I have been doing some heritage lo's and a few of my three grandsons and have done them at random. I have decided to make each grandson their own album and will be sorting the rest of their photos and doing them oldest to newest. I'm sure I will get tired of doing boy lo's and will have to throw in a couple of misc. lo's. I voted for oldest to newest since that makes my OCD happy!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to momtokatie

I'm pretty random too although I want to go back and scrap older pictures but every time I get new pictures developed, I'd rather scrap them but I do make myself go back ... I'm a bit of both!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to peenut_23

I am making an effort to scrap more of my older pictures now. There is so much going on, and I am constantly taking new pictures that if I don't stop and do the older ones, they may never get done.

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to Bubblegirl

Oldest Pictures first to Newest Pictures, in order, and how they appear in the album. I start one album completely finish and then move onto the next. I'm so anal about this.

crystaljrieger
Veteran
crystaljrieger
In response to Amonika

I am definitely all over the place. Usually recent photos but I do skip around a lot and do some childhood ones and ones from when my kids were babies but I have no real order!

Kind of like my scrap desk - no order at all!!

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to Amonika

OH my...I'm so random...depends on the pic!! Have no sense of organization at all!! hehehe!! I jump around to whatever suits my fancy...I've done only one album on one subject...it turned out to be 100 pages!! Maybe that's why...I'm also addicted to doing challenges...so that usually takes up my scrap time...different themes, different twists equal NO ORGANIZATION!! hehehe!! Trying to do my DGS's baby album...have about four to five LO's done...he'll be a year in Oct. so I need to get myself in gear on that!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics