Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: QOTD - 11/23        (Topic#1487089)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Question Of The Day - Have you ever purchased a pre-made LO? If so, do you enjoy them? If not, why or why not?

p.s. As always, if you have examples, we want to see!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to KellyCali

No! I don't see the purpose. I enjoy the hobby, not just having the finished product.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to johnsusan8

I did buy one once when I first started scrapbooking. I brought it home and copied it piece by piece. That was before I knew there were such inspiring sources as Simple Scrapbooks s and scrapbook.com. ;^)

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to olleharr

I purchased a couple for my son's album. One for a father and one for a mother. We have completed the father LO.

Definition of a Father
By Bubblegirl

Definition of a Father (page 2)
By Bubblegirl

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Bubblegirl

Yes, I took my kids to DC a couple of years ago, and before I went, I would go into scrapbook store s and buy everything they had which related to DC, so I bought this page. I like it because it looks like I put a lot of work in it, but it was one of the easiest to do. I didn't like it because it was hard to find related pictures of the correct orientation and size.

23 Washington DC
By Rosita

Edited by Rosita on 11-23-08 02:31 AM. Reason for edit: I forgot to include the lo.

scrappinpeanut
Resident
scrappinpeanut
In response to Rosita

No, I don't see the point in spending $$ on something I could do myself..... I'm cheap that way!

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
No! I don't see the purpose. I enjoy the hobby, not just having the finished product.

Yup, me too.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to mariposa326

No, but I sold a few of my own on the auction site. I gave that up when they sold for less money than what it cost to make the layout.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Judy_Scraps

My first thought on this question was no but I just remembered that our dollar store carries them
(and they are pretty nice!). I only used one and gave the other 3 or 4 away that I bought. Just not for me.

I use quick pages for digital on occasion.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to peenut_23

No, if I want something "different", I use a sketch or go wandering through the gallery for ideas. I like to make my own layouts.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mariposa326

• mariposa326 Said:
  • johnsusan8 Said:

Yup, me too.

Same here...

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

i did get a LO when i first started scrapbooking. it looked like a lot of work was put into it with all the different stickers and embelishments. so i figured it would be cheaper to just buy the LO since the embelishments on the page appeared to have cost more than what i bought it for. i got it and was slightly disappointed. the embelishments were just scanned and some poorly printed onto the LO. oh well, live and learn. if anything it taught me how to scraplift, since this was before i knew about the different idea books and magazines.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Where's the fun in that? I don't even buy greeting cards anymore...

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Kimberly Rae

Someone else bought me a couple and I ended up cutting them up and pulling pieces off of it so No I guess ti didn't work out so well for me!!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Kimberly Rae

• Altered Whimseys... Said:
I don't even buy greeting cards anymore...

I buy cards occasionally if I don't have time to make one. However, I never join card swaps because I prefer to give people cards made by me than by someone else.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I have not purchased completly done pages, but I have purchased the "kit" to make the pages at my LSS. They have some really cute pages. I actually want to 8X8 Lego album for my DS to document all his creationd but it has premade pages in it.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Aumommie

No...half the fun...well, most of the fun is creating a page myself!

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to Aumommie

No.

MYIA
MYIA 
Diva
MYIA
  • MYIA on 11-23-08 08:05 AM
In response to KellyCali

I bought one when i first started scrapping, it is in my wedding albums (regret) I do not like them now that I Know what I am doing!

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Scrapkaty

Nope .. never saw the reason in buying them

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics