Username Post: Geez... now I can't get my Cricut to cut.        (Topic#1488249)
Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I am only trying to cut cardstock and I have the blade set to the max depth. I feel like such a moron!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Amigosa

Maybe slow down the speed, too?

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to siameseplease

Is your blade set down far enough? I had the same problem when I set my Cricut up, and then I realized that the blade was not set correctly. Try that.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to siameseplease

OK if it's not cutting at all you may need to unload the paper, turn it off, turn it back on, and start all over.Also, make sure you have the blade housing set up right. I had it too high the first time (round the narrow part) The holder has to be around the thick part.

Be sure you load the paper before trying to cut! I made that mistake the first time LOL.

I have a problem cutting bazill bling b/c it's thick. Make sure the blade is on 4 or 5 at least. SEt the pressure to max and speed to medium or slow (so it doesn't tear) and try again.

Edited by GTGW on 12-04-08 10:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Just G

Yay!!! Thank you for all of your help. I got it to work! I had to have the blade set at a 4 and I guess I didn't understand that before. (It would have helped if I had read the instruction manual first. I was just too excited!)

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Amigosa

Glad to see you figured it out!!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to SmartyPants

You where not a moron, you were just excited.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Mix-on the Memories

That's nothing...I called Customer Service the first day I got mine because it wouldn't recognize my George cartridge. Turns out, I didn't have it pushed down all the way! I felt like an idiot. Glad you got it going!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics