Username Post: TLC Chipboard Bookz        (Topic#1496919)
jazw33
jazw33 
Resident
jazw33

Hello, I have bought a few of these books, the Friends and the Family and I see examples of them with the beautiful papers on the letters all different styles and such and what is the best way to apply paper to the shaped chipboard books?
And what is the best way to shape the paper around the letters and such? Any directions would be appreciated. My books should be here anyday!

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to jazw33

I am assuming these are like the BoBunny Press word shaped books...????

I trace around each on my pp and then cut out...I apply mod podge for paper to botht the chipboard and pp and adhere and push out any bubbles and let dry. When dry, I cover with more layers of the mod podge for paper so that it has a nice finish and won't warp or tear.

HTH

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to jazw33

I agree with the Mod Podge, and after you let it dry, I would sand the paper around the edges & ink it with an ink pad to make it look perfectly shaped around the edges. If you don't want to put Mod Podge over the top, you can always just use a permanent adhesive.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to laurbernet

YOU can also use acrylic paint in a complementary color to paint the edges and then apply the glue and paper. I'm thinking I'll stop using the ink in favor of the paint - it's very attractive imo.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to okiegrandma

For the TLC ones, they make letter stickers that coordinate with their papers that fit the letters on the word books.

jazw33
jazw33 
Resident
jazw33
In response to MommyMarci

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate them all. I do love the modge podge, I use that on my newspaper layouts to keep them from aging and yellowing.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics