Username Post: New Here - Need Ideas for Baby Shower Scrapbook / GuestBook        (Topic#1498325)
New Kid On the Block

Hi Everyone -
New here, my name's Crista.

I'm making a Baby Shower Scrapbook that will also serve as a Guest Book for my future sister-in-law.

I needed ideas for pages.
So far I've got:
- Invitation Page
- Page with the Invitation to the fake event (to suprise her)
- Places for the gifts to be recorded
- Places for people to sign/write good wishes to her and the baby
- Pages for pictures of all aspects of the shower ( place, favors, etc)
- A spot for some pics of her pregnant, and for some ultrasound images

This may sound like a lot, but it's actually not that many pages in the book.

Can anyone think of other page ideas?

Thank you so much!

-Crista

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to crista128

I did a baby shower book for my daughter. As you said one page was for her guests to sign. You might want to pick out a colored pen that matches the color scheme.

I had someone else take pictures during her first shower here in Louisiana and she did a great job of taking a variety of pictures. I'm ashamed to say I was lousy at the job at her shower in Texas. Most of those pictures are of her opening her presents. Way too similar.

One great idea I heard of was to take pictures of the gift clothes, blankets, anything you would hang on a clothesline at the same distance away from the camera. When they're printed cut out the clothes, etc, draw a line on your layout or use fiber to represent a clothesline. Adhere your cropped pics and draw a V to represent a clothespin in appropriate spots.

Edited by johnsusan8 on 03-11-09 06:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

grammyoftwo
Resident
grammyoftwo
In response to johnsusan8

A friend of mine just did a baby shower and brought some supplies and had everyone make a LO that she can add the pictures to herself. It came out really cute and they had a blast. Even the nonscrappers. It only added about 30 minutes to the shower.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to johnsusan8

Oh, and I forgot to mention the main thing I wanted to say. At her first shower, I gave out acid-free pens and sheets of solid sb paper about 4x6 and asked guests to give the first time mom some advise. Some were funny and others were serious and quite useful. I mounted the advise sheet and a picture that included the writer on the same sb page.

grammyoftwo
Resident
grammyoftwo
In response to grammyoftwo

What about a family tree page and baby names page? Also all about mommy and all about daddy page.

grammyoftwo
Resident
grammyoftwo

I just thought of another page. A what was happening this year. Like who was president, price of diapers, gas, milk. Maybe save room for newpaper clippings from the day they were born. Who is number one star, number one song, movie, etc. Maybe who won the superbowl if dad likes sports. Just different stuff that would change from year to year. Then each year on their birthday a new page could be made. It would be interesting to see how things change over just a few years.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

what about a these pages.....

Wisdom from grandparents

Mom to be (journal thoughts on that day)

Daddy to be (journal thoughts on that day)

Favorite cd for infant list (guests can add)

where the guest tells the baby something they find special about its parents

Gift of service (this page is where guests can offer to do something for the parents once baby is born.....kinda like this

When the baby is born I will cook you a meal, (then they sign their name) or I will baby sit one night or I will tidy your house, or do laundry etc....(it is the gift after the gift)

if baby was going to say anything to mommy right now, it would be..........

Best tips for mom to be from each guest

name suggestion page

also where the guests sign in you may want to add a photo of them next to where they sign in

New Kid On the Block
In response to crista128

I made a baby shower keepsake book for my sister-in-law and inside I included pages for the hospital stay. This way she could put not only pictures but people who visited her and the baby in the hospital could also write a little note in the book at the hospital.

For pages for guest to sign, you could write "Dear Baby..." at the top of the pages and have the guest write to the baby.

missdaisy23
Expert
missdaisy23
In response to mrschadt

I did an 8x8 'Our Pregnacy' album for my son and his girlfriend. From how we met and first thoughts of each other, thoughts on finding out they were expecting (along w/ pic of the test sticx), U/S, monthly belly pics. I plan on ending it w/ a pic of the 3 of them when she arrives

I'm doing an 8x8 for her shower also. I have the invite page, will do a couple pages of decorations, food, etc. I'm using the same lo, just rotating it for variety. I'm going to take a pic of each guest, with the future mom and the gift they gave. I'll make all pics B&W. A pic for each page. She will also know who gave what gift.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to mrschadt

• mrschadt Said:
I made a baby shower keepsake book for my sister-in-law and inside I included pages for the hospital stay. This way she could put not only pictures but people who visited her and the baby in the hospital could also write a little note in the book at the hospital.

For pages for guest to sign, you could write "Dear Baby..." at the top of the pages and have the guest write to the baby.

I love the idea about the hospital pages. I had a cesarean after a failed induction that last 2 days. The second day I had no idea who came to see me b/c I was sooo out of it. I also would have loved a way to keep track of who visited her after she was born. At the time I thought I would remember, but I was wrong.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to lisymarie

I love when two year old topics show back up....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics