Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: work tables        (Topic#1498487)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Been browsing thru the scraproom photo's on here for some ideas. I'm building me own scraproom..
I've noticed that I see a lot of smaller desks. Is it me or do most of you dont need a lot of space to work on while making a LO? I just bought a desk which has the size of a huge dining table, its the width of me room.. roughly 6ft wide by 2 n half ft deep. I need a lot of space to work on. Always have a sorts of stuff laying all over the table. Atm I'm scrapping at me mum's house together with her on her dining table which is slightly smaller than the desk I just bought. And its usually covered with me stuff...
Praise you lot for being able to work on smaller desks/tables..

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to TheCharmedOne

I use those folding tables from WalMart and like you like to have a HUGE amount of room.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 03-13-09 04:50 PM
In response to riverroadrn

I need LOTS of space to work on! I used to have two six foot tables pushed together to make one BIG work space when I had my own scrap room in our old house. I still have them, plus a 4ft one except now I have them arranged in like a "C" shape. I'm getting another 4 ft. one tomorrow. So, yes, I "do" need lots of space

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Lal

Right now, I'm scrapping on the floor. Tons of room indeed!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to MommaSaid

on the floor?? :-O...how does that work?...Wow...I cant imagine doing that..

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

I used to scrap on the floor! I would just spread everything around me and use a 12x12 paper stack as my table! Now I have a 6 ft x 2.5 ft table, one of those folding ones that are very common. I have it covered with all my organizers though, so my actual scrap space is limited. We live in a 2 bdrm condo, though, so not much hope there of more tables!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Crazydiamond

Sounds a bit like a kid in a field of clover surrounded with all the pretty dolls she have.. ;-)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I know it sounds crazy, but I scrap on my bed!

I use to have a huge desk & a larger room, but now instead...

My scrapspace storage area is located right around the corner from where I work and basically, when I am done, I am guaranteed to hafta clean up!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KellyCali

When I started I was was incapacitated so I would be on the couch, surrounded by all my stuff and the coffeetable was my worktable. Now it's the dining room table with a brand new bookcase in the corner of the dining room for storage. And that will have to do because I too am in a 2 br condo!

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to RockStar

I have a big table, tecnically it's foldable,but it's never folded. I also bought one of the supersize cutting mats with a 40% coupon at J's. I use the table for scrapping, quilting, sewing. I've learned though to store my works in progress in project folders, since sneaky little hands sometime find their way onto my tables

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to mrbabcock

i have this table and the chair that goes with it..i LOVE it! it is a HUGE surface...which is perfect for me, because i have adhd and i tend to be working on at least 3-5 different projects at a time!

http://www.target.com/Madison-Trestle-Desk- Antique-Blac...

Resident
In response to ajroemisch

MY table retracts backs into the cabinet we made it measures 4 ft wide x 2 ft kinda like the scrapbox except theirs table fold down mine doesn't
I have plenty of space my SB room is to small for any other table but i'm thinking of having one attached to the wall that would fold down when not in use, I can't ask for that right now one thing at time and DH is busy right now so I'll wait for the opputune time.

cindy

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to craftycindy

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to RockStar

I have a nice big desk, but I sometimes drag myself out to scrap on a TV tray... go figure. I just scatter everything all over the place around me on the floor. I am convinced I can't scrapbook unless I make it difficult and make the biggest mess possible.

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to KatieJo

I have a 6 foot banquet table and a large wooden kitchen table that was bought to be my desk back when I was still in grad school. They are positioned in an L shape. Eventually the plan is to replace those two things with countertop over cabinets running along the same wall in my library.

I do need enough workspace for working on two 12 by 12 layouts at a time, plus tools, but most important is the ability for me to reach almost anything I might want from where I am sitting. I seriously dislike having to get up to search for something.

I was at IKEA for the first time last Monday - if I had to redo without the countertop I would probably start there.

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to Bellanca

I have an old fashioned vanity table (you know the ones shaped like a kidney?) its just barely 32 inches long and fits exactly under a window.

I keep a 3 drawer sterlite dresser under it. It is just right for working on a LO. the window gives great light, the sill is big enough to hold paper and embellies and the glue runner sits on a bookshelf beside it.

I have a couple other storage areas in my study, but not a whole big area. I use part of the entertainment stand, a rolling cart next to that, and 2 shelves of a bookshelf next to the table.

Scrawford11
Expert
Scrawford11
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

I have a mixture of things I scrap on. I have my "antique desk", its fairly deep and I can do a lot on it, but for messy stuff I unfold my folding table and work on that. I also have an old desk my husband used to use next to my antique desk and my computer and printer live on it.
I so need lots of space. When I am in the scrapping mood and frame of mind, I make quite mess and spread out everywhere. I have scrapped on the floor too, Its not so bad, just gets to hurt my back after while.

joy333
joy333 
New Kid On the Block
joy333
In response to Scrawford11

I have a big counter in my scraproom, but I too drag my stuff in the living room on a coffee table
with all my suff surrounding me on the floor

vintageheart
New Kid On the Block
vintageheart
In response to joy333

I scrap on a small 25in X 16in pull out ledge in my scrapping armoire with a 6 1/2" shelf right above it (now there are other LARGE spaces in the armoire where I have supplies,albums etc.

...but as far as my actual "scrapping space" all I need is my little pull out ledge and 6 in. shelf!:) I LOVE it cause it keeps me "contained" and I find it so much easier than having stuff EVERY where! We have an extra room that hubby suggested I use as a SCRAPPING room

but I prefer my teensy space with my beloved armoire ! :)...and when I'm done....I simply push the shelf in and close the doors !

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to vintageheart

Oh, Lordy,,,,,I scrap on my dining room table that seats EIGHT,,,,I've thought of downsizing so that I could have a permanent scrap place, but now that i'm used to the size, i truly don't see how I could do it,,,,,so now I've got a quandry,,,Eventually I KNOW i'm going to want a permanent place that I do NOT have to clean up every day,,,,,but I do NOT want to have to half my work area,,,,oh decisions decisions,,,

the only answer is to kick everyone out of the dining room and to HALF our eating area!!!!

what? It makes total sense to ME!!!

Holly

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics