Username Post: Adhesive question        (Topic#1498623)
cindy312
Diva
cindy312

I'm making several dozen gift bags for an event and need to adhere a 5x8 sheet smoothly to each one. What adhesive would you use?

Ordinarily I'd use a tape runner all along the edges and across the middle, but that would take a LOT of adhesive and I would love a cheaper option. There are no concerns about remaining acid-free, since the gift bags aren't meant to be kept for generations.

Thanks for any advice.

Cindy

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to cindy312

I suggest Zip Dry Paper Glue, it is wrinkle free, dries clear and fast.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to cindy312

I always use rolls of double-sided tape. They are so much cheaper than the rollers and you get so much more on a roll. I also feel that it adheres better too. You don't have to be really neat with it and cut it,I just stick it down and tear off the length I need.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:
I suggest Zip Dry Paper Glue, it is wrinkle free, dries clear and fast.

I'd never heard of that, but I just went and read the reviews and it sounds fabulous! I'm definitely getting some.

Cindy

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
I always use rolls of double-sided tape. They are so much cheaper than the rollers and you get so much more on a roll. I also feel that it adheres better too. You don't have to be really neat with it and cut it,I just stick it down and tear off the length I need.

Good suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of that. Easy, cheap, and not messy... perfect. Now I have TWO adhesives to buy.

Cindy

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-15-09 05:29 PM
In response to cindy312

'sit me and my double sided tape was old but last time my dd tried to use it for a school poster the stuff fell off and I would hate for that to happen to your gift bags.

Andrea

Edited by ekip2 on 03-15-09 05:30 PM. Reason for edit: edited to fix a typo

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to ekip2

what about just the old stand by glue sticks??? Thats what we used to scrap with years ago before tape runners and such. WOuld be super cheap.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to scrappinraiderfan

use a Xyron 510. It coats the back of the paper completely and it's super quick! Be sure to get the repositionable kind because if it's off even a little bit you'll NEVER get it back off to put it straight if you use permanent. (Oh and M's has the Xyron refill's on sale for 30% off this week)

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cindy312

I think a spray adhesive would work great: it would give you 'full page' coverage and the cost would be minimal. Get a can with a coupon.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks for all the advice. You had some great ideas. I don't know why I didn't think of glue sticks... I suppose I could go REALLY old-school and use rubber cement.

Thanks again, everyone.

Cindy

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 03-16-09 04:48 PM
In response to cindy312

Fabritac liquid by Beacon...no other. With the big bottle and a 40% off at J's or M's it is a steal! It is the perfect adhesive for everything ....the only thing I don't use it on is the back of my pics.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Kiber

• Kiber Said:
Fabritac liquid by Beacon...no other. With the big bottle and a 40% off at J's or M's it is a steal! It is the perfect adhesive for everything ....the only thing I don't use it on is the back of my pics.

Another one I've never heard of! I can't believe there are so many adhesives out there I haven't discovered yet. Thanks for the tip.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to cindy312

If you have the Xyron 900 machine, I would run the paper through it.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to dotfree

• dotfree Said:
If you have the Xyron 900 machine, I would run the paper through it.

I don't. And buying it would definitely not meet my requirement of doing these inexpensively.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics