Username Post: How does one alter?        (Topic#1499497)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Good afternoon!

I am looking at a picture frame that I adore; mostly. I only want to change the white matting and *maybe* the black painted frame itself. Overall, that doesn't seem challenging to me; but I want to use patterns that I have on some of my PP.

I have seen "altered" projects posted here before and wondered if anyone would be willing to share resources or tips on how one can alter an object successfully? I do adore the frame enough to NOT screw it up by just jumping in.

TIA

loriglen
Veteran
loriglen
In response to MommaSaid

My suggestion would be to first search for altered items within the gallery here. You'll find an un-ending source of ideas.

Secondly, I would suggest your fav pp and some decoupage medium (like Mod Podge).

I was intimidated as heck before I did my first altered item. I just knew I would screw it up. I was both shocked and amazed how well it turned out.

Best advice....just do it!!

Lori

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to loriglen

Thank you for the tip, Lori!

I have been actively perusing the gallery.

I'll be on the lookout for the Mod Podge and NOW I know to look up info on decoupage overall.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to MommaSaid

Mod Podge works great for altering! You can adhere your favorite pp right to the frame! Don't forget a coat of Mod Podge over top of the finished product to "seal" it!

Good luck!!

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

P.S.
Those cheap foam brushes work great for applying Mod Podge!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics