Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: If you are thinking of going to M's for their paper sale        (Topic#1503761)
MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 05-06-09 10:33 AM

If you are thinking of going to M's for their 'scrapbook paper' sale, beware that it does not include cardstock. I ran out at lunch to get a punch (that they didn't have) and loaded up on the loose cardstock and couple of pieces of pp when I saw the little sales cards scattered throughout their paper display. When it rang up, the cardstock was full price. I told the employee they needed to be sure and remove the little sales cards from the cardstock area then because it was misleading. She just gave me a snide smile. I keep forgetting how much the customer service sucks at our store because each time they tick me off I stay away for months.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-06-09 10:36 AM
In response to MoniL

Bad customer service is a must at some stores!!!I dont know what they need to understand how bleessed they are having a job!!! anyway..thanks for the tip!!!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to MoniL

They should have given you the sales price instead of a snide smile...how rude!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to tricia07

That sucks! I think M's has gotten ridiculous with their single sheet paper prices, anyway. $2+ for a sheet of paper is ridiculous. Even the LSS are not charging that for some of the same sheets!

The M's in my area are hit or miss. Sometimes, the people are really rude. Other people are super nice. Nice or rude, the majority of them have no idea what's in the store or how to use it. I get lots of blank stares when I ask for something. I still keep shopping there, though, because they have some good stuff and I get Coupons !

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-06-09 11:07 AM
In response to tricia07

Grrrrr..M's makes shopping so diffiult that I try not to shop there. I'm working on a project that I'm using my xyron 500 for adhesive and I ran out so I took my DD to use 2 Coupons to get refills - which they only had 1 but thats a different M's issue. I saw the paper on sale and couldn't believe the price. $1.99 per sheet???? With the 30% off its still way more than I want to spend. Not all the paper was that high but all of it was overpriced IMHO. I came back and looked here and found it much more reasonable. I may ask DH for a gift certificate here for Mothers Day.

Andrea

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to ekip2

Thanks for the heads up.

I have the same problem at Ms and HL. Even when I try to read ALL the fine print on that huge 2 x 5 sign, I tend to miss a FEW exceptions ...

It is sort of my pet peeves. It would say ALL PAPER on sale (excluding cardstock, so and so mfg, this and that size). In the end, why can't they just say that the only piece of paper on sale was that Sandylion lollipop patterned paper .

Same for HL.. it's even harder because I really don't know all the brands. So in their lawn and garden section, there is a sign that says All Spring ??? Decor on sale... (I forgot what the ??? is). So I thought at least the stuff on that shelf with the sign is on sale .. well, no. Turns out Spring ??? is a brand. How would I know?

I like Target.. they have scanners installed throughout the store so you can do a price check yourself. What a concept!

And our HL has a few very unhappy employees,I guess. I have witnessed a few times where a customer would line up in a LONG line (6-7 people) for 15 minutes, and by the time she's at the register, the cashier lady just put the "Register Closed" sign out and WALK AWAY! I have seen 2 ladies got so ticked off, they just left the store w/o purchasing any of the items in their carts. They said it happened to them a FEW times already. The employees don't even have the courtesy to tell those in line that she would be closing and they need to line up elsewhere...

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to jellyziva

I plan on going after work today to see what kind of christmas pp they have. But, yeah, i've found that usually when the loose paper is on sale, on the sale sign it says (on regular price $.59) which is like 3 pps. Oh, well!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to JediScrapToo

At the M by me xyron cartriges are $2 more than J! I couldn't believe it! I have been staying away since I saw that!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 05-06-09 12:07 PM
In response to JediScrapToo

That is why I made the remark to the employee; the fine print only said "does not include Martha Stewart brand". If it had said "does not include cardstock" then it would have been more my fault for not reading closely. Actually if they had wanted to get that specific, they should have said "Patterened Paper" not "Scrapbook Paper". The worst part of all was that the cashier asked another employee and that one didn't have a clue what the sale was really on either. The only good thing was that my receipt printed out a "mystery shopper" code and I logged on and filled out the survey and took my time giving all the specifics about how the employees are not knowledgeable enough at that store. Unfortunately, my receipt also included a 40% coupon so now, I sorta feel like I have to go back, ugghh.

JACC0811
New Kid On the Block
JACC0811
In response to melissadam

Our M's has good people working there, but their sale signs and things can be misleading. My wife and I haven't bought anything there in a very long time because of it. We usually go to HL or J's. We found a huge scrapbooking store in Columbus a couple weeks ago that we loved and will be going to their Mason location tomorrow.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-06-09 12:20 PM
In response to MoniL

I had this same type of thing happen to me a month or so ago... the ad said all single sheet paper was on sale for so much... but you get there and only 10 or 20 slots have the sale price on them... so I cleaned them out (there weren't many left in each slot.) Got to the register and they were ALL FULL PRICE because they were in the wrong slots and they were all sold out of the sale paper.
I also bought 2 cricut mats at 9.99 and something from the 1.00 bin. I gave her a 50% off coupon and she applied it to the 1.00 item and told me that was their policy...
I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO Ms after this experience. Everytime I go there I feel like I am getting ripped off BIGTIME!!!

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to melissadam

I go because they are close to my house...but I would so much rather go to Ac. I bought some clearance stuff at M's today but I didn't buy anything that was full price.

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to jenyjen3

I'm so sorry some of you are having such bad experiences at M's. I love my M's. They are always so helpful and never blink an eye when I ask them to do price checks for me.
when I have a 40% off coupon, I would try to macke sure I put it with the most expensive item I was buying. finally, one clerk told me that I didn't have to worry about that because the coupon would automatically be taken off the highest priced item.

I guess my only beef would be that they take a long time to re-stock things. I've been trying to get the Ek Success binding edge punch and they never have it. One of these days I'll get lucky!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to jenyjen3

The "M" in our area would usaully give it to me at price that was posted.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Mix-on the Memories

At my M's if there is a sign out in front of something (and you can prove it of course... probably not able to be done in the case of single sheets of papers) you get it for the price on the sign... and sometimes even with the fine print discluding it from the sale. (Of course they move that sign really quickly after your purchase.) And also, the coupon is always applied to the highest regular priced item you are buying. And further, while the clerks sometimes do seem a little confused about what is actually on sale at the moment, normally the customers are the incredibly rude people in the store. As just one example... I've seen a lady yelling at the clerk because her register tape ran out on a busy Saturday. They don't make endless versions of those to my knowledge. Anyway...

Of course all that being said, I would also be understandably upset with a smirk and the wrong price on the sale items I was purchasing.

Edited by KatieJo on 05-06-09 01:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-06-09 02:11 PM
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:

And our HL has a few very unhappy employees,I guess. I have witnessed a few times where a customer would line up in a LONG line (6-7 people) for 15 minutes, and by the time she's at the register, the cashier lady just put the "Register Closed" sign out and WALK AWAY! I have seen 2 ladies got so ticked off, they just left the store w/o purchasing any of the items in their carts. They said it happened to them a FEW times already. The employees don't even have the courtesy to tell those in line that she would be closing and they need to line up elsewhere...

OMG!!!I loved really LOVED HL until the cashier was sooooo rude with me the last time and even worst I asked to talk with the mannager and the mannager was WORST than the cashier,the mannager just rolled her eyes and stayed mute, I just asked her: HELLOO??? did you hear me?? and she just rolled her eyes AGAIN!!!Not a word from her!!!, arrrggghh!!!I NEVER NEVER will back to HL for sure!!!I think thats why our HL never has customers shopping!!!

keilla
keilla 
Veteran
keilla
In response to Mix-on the Memories

Oh - since we are venting about M's...I have 2!

#1 I try to be environmentally friendly...when I can. I took a tote into Michaels, so I didn't have get yet another plastic bag. The cashier still picked up a plastic bag and I pointed out my tote. When she was done ringing me up, she just left my stuff on the counter - like I have to bag my own purchses if I am not using a plastic bag. Can anyone explain that?

#2 I was at a few M's last week (before I started the no shopping challenge) and got some Cuttlebug embossing folders at each one. None of signs were consistent, some said 40% and others said 50% off. All rung up at 50% off, so I didn't complain -but do they just key in something different at each store when making up the signs? Oh - and one didn't even have any signs for the sale!!

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx
In response to keilla

I just got back from M's and had the SAME EXACT situation. Papers were not on sale in the computer, brought it to the attention of the cashier and was told that it is what it is when it comes up in the computer.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to siameseplease

Oh I so agree on M's prices on loose pattern pp - what gives? $2.00 seriously - I was shocked - I had to look at a few to believe it!?!?!? I get Bazzill and Karen Foster etc. for half that at our LSS - I was so shocked last time I was at M's - that pp price is just ridiculous - don't get me wrong - nice and all but way over priced - even the stacks - DCWV - no discount over 30% - ever - that I have seen - which makes little to no sense to me as I go right up the road 2 or 3 blocks to J's or HL and get it for 9.99 almost always - one or the other is 40 - 50% and at least one ALWAYS has a coupon - I like M's but I just don't get the so called "sales" - nor the new high priced loose pp - they are actually higher now than our LSS - what!?!?!. I will say that HL pp sales are good, they are usally either loose or packaged - period only exclusion I ever see is on the loose the specialty pp - and Paper Studio is becoming a fav for me, nicer now than what it used to be and the variety is amazing - almost 2 aisles!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JaymieLiz

I find that M's has crummy sales, over priced paper and rude, clueless cashiers,,,,

but a better selection than J's (at least here where I am),,,,,,,

My J's doesn't have K and co paper, which I love, so I am forced to go to M's for it,,,,,my J's has NADA for Tim Holtz ,,,,,,again, off to M's,,,,J's doesn't have primas,,,,,off to M's,,,,,

but if they HAVE something, I always check J's first because chances are it's 40% off!!!

Thank God they're across the parking lot from eachother,,,piece of cake to check J's first, and whatever I can't get there, I go to M's for,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics