Username Post: A Kid Like Me - Paper Question        (Topic#1503905)
tricia07
Guru
tricia07

Hi there!

I have seen on the last two Scrapbook Etc. Magazines that Me & My Big Ideas has brought back the "A Kid LIke Me" paper collection but I can't find it online anywhere not even ebay!!! Anyone seen it and know where I can get it?

Thanks!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

Not sure if you're looking only to solely purchase it online, but I picked the stack up last month or so at M's.

HTH!

p.s. There are some examples in my Gallery!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

It was at M's??? Really! I was just there and I didn't see it but I wasn't really looking for it at the time. If I can't find it online I just might have to go back to M's! Thank you! Going to look at your examples!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

If it helps at all, I found it near all the larger availiable paper stacks.

Next to that was the seperate MAMBI section with all the coordinating stickers, diecuts, embellies & such!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

My M's has all the paper on one isle except for Prima...then they have some little stands in front of the isles with paper on them sometimes...will have to search I am sure!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

I hear ya.

Ours was like that for a long time, but lately they've surprised me & have been switching it up!

Your post reminds me that at the other M's across town they have all the stacks at the very end of the aisle (on the next aisle over from the open stock paper). So, with that in mind, you might end up having to look up & down the aisles or maybe like me, just go to a different one!

Unless, of course, you can save yourself the trouble & just call ahead, ask if they have it and see what they say.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

LOL call ahead. You know unfortunately I have one of the M's that wouldn't know what a good staff was if it bit them in the butt! They are just not very customer service friendly and no one seems to know anything about scrapbook supplies there!!! Will definitely have to go and look if I can't find it online. I am surprised I can't find it online...Even on their site I didn't see it...the only thing that came up was M's...Maybe they only sell at M's??? Who knows!! Love the paper though! Your layout are great by the way!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to tricia07

yep, I thought I saw it at M's too!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
LOL call ahead. You know unfortunately I have one of the M's that wouldn't know what a good staff was if it bit them in the butt! They are just not very customer service friendly and no one seems to know anything about scrapbook supplies there!!!

As I was typing the words 'you might try calling' I figured that you might have 'one of those M's'.

As mentioned, ours was the worst of the worst when it came to trying to find anything related to scrapbooking.

Like you, I just save myself the heartache & go into the store and look for it myself.

p.s. Thanks, Sure thing & Good Luck!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

Ok so after SEARCHING the store and even asking for help I finally found the paper. But I didn't get it! I love like two to three of the sheets in there...but I didn't realize all their die cuts and cute little things were all sold seperately! That stuff adds up...so I opted to skip it! I then found a sassafras line I liked but didn't get it either...too many Fancy Pants that I still want to get that.

I can't believe all that stuff is sold seperately!!!!!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

Glad you found it afterall!

The packaged diecuts & stickers yes, but the paper punch out letters, shapes & tags are part of the first couple of pages...(I only used one set, the other for a recent rainbow RAK). It's actually a huge stack. With that in mind, I made sure to try and use it up as quickly as I could.

As for all the coordinating product stuff, yep and I hear ya, it totally adds up way quickly, unless of course you keep going back and or using a coupon piece by piece (but who's gonna do that, but someone like me on a rare occasion! LOL!)

If you get lucky, they may very well end up in the Clearance section someday soon, in which they could eventually get bumped down to $1.99 - .99 cents.

You just got be there in all the time...(And as you probably know, it's just a never-ending crazy cycle).

Which leads us back to why we shop here & or on-line!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
...stuff adds up...so I opted to skip it! I then found a sassafras line I liked but didn't get it either...too many Fancy Pants that I still want to get that.

I hear ya! This is often me.

With that in mind, IF you are like me in the least when it comes to shopping, you just might want to try and find or search out a good, fun & or reliable scrapbooking partner & friend to split the paper packs with!

WAY cheaper!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. btw Which Fancy Pants papers or products are you dreaming of?

(Can you link em here!)

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Glad you found it afterall!

The packaged diecuts & stickers yes, but the paper punch out letters, shapes & tags are part of the first couple of pages...(I only used one set, the other for a recent rainbow RAK). It's actually a huge stack. With that in mind, I made sure to try and use it up as quickly as I could.

As for all the coordinating product stuff, yep and I hear ya, it totally adds up way quickly, unless of course you keep going back and or using a coupon piece by piece (but who's gonna do that, but someone like me on a rare occasion! LOL!)

If you get lucky, they may very well end up in the Clearance section someday soon, in which they could eventually get bumped down to $1.99 - .99 cents.

You just got be there in all the time...(And as you probably know, it's just a never-ending crazy cycle).

Which leads us back to why we shop here & or on-line!

Was what you bought a paper stack?? What they had there was a plactic bag with some cardstock in it...I didn't see any letters/die cuts that came with it!!! Just the paper. They didn't have a paper stack like the normally do with all their other lines...at least not at my M's...everything was seperate! I couldn't belive it! If it would have been the paper stack I definitely would have gotten it!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
p.s. btw Which Fancy Pants papers or products are you dreaming of?

(Can you link em here!)

I just bought the Kraft Kuts (I think that's the name), Delight and On a Whimsey...now want Summer Soiree, Splendid, Artic Chill, and The Daily Grind...ok as you can see I am a huge fancy pant person! LOL!!! I have so many of their lines!!! Like 9 as of right now Also I was so excited when I found out I was having a boy cause I loved their About a Boy collection and now own it too!!! LOL

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 05-08-09 01:08 PM
In response to tricia07

I know which line you are talking about. I had found it at one of our M's a while back...like around mid March. And I had only found that one "pad". It was called an "activity pad" and had all sorts of things in there like punch out letters, tags, paper dolls, and then x amount of sheets of paper (2 of each pattern). I can't remember how much this was, but when I bought it, I had bf use a coupon on it and it was $13 I think. They also have one of those thicker paper pads that has like 180 sheets or so. I believe that one was the same price too...maybe like $24.99, but I used a coupon on that as well. I LOOOOOVE all the papers in there. As well as in the activity pad. They also had a pack of diecut papers which might be the one you saw. It had maybe like 14 or so sheets of die cut papers..some 12x12 and some smaller. That only had a couple of sheets I liked so I opted not to get that. Our M's also had an end cap with a whole bunch of that line of MAMBI stuff like stickers, packs of diecuts, ect, but those were just too "cutesy" for my taste and I didn't get those either. I love that new line they came out with, but I would NOT buy it at regular price. I only bought it because I had the Coupons . Was what you were looking for the bigger pad of paper?

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to Lal

• Lal Said:
I know which line you are talking about. I had found it at one of our M's a while back...like around mid March. And I had only found that one "pad". It was called an "activity pad" and had all sorts of things in there like punch out letters, tags, paper dolls, and then x amount of sheets of paper (2 of each pattern). I can't remember how much this was, but when I bought it, I had bf use a coupon on it and it was $13 I think. They also have one of those thicker paper pads that has like 180 sheets or so. I believe that one was the same price too...maybe like $24.99, but I used a coupon on that as well. I LOOOOOVE all the papers in there. As well as in the activity pad. They also had a pack of diecut papers which might be the one you saw. It had maybe like 14 or so sheets of die cut papers..some 12x12 and some smaller. That only had a couple of sheets I liked so I opted not to get that. Our M's also had an end cap with a whole bunch of that line of MAMBI stuff like stickers, packs of diecuts, ect, but those were just too "cutesy" for my taste and I didn't get those either. I love that new line they came out with, but I would NOT buy it at regular price. I only bought it because I had the Coupons . Was what you were looking for the bigger pad of paper?

That's exactly what they had!! I only liked a couple of sheets too which is why I didn't get it. Wow I wish they would have had the pad of paper like you got!!! Maybe my other M's has it...I should be over by it next week so maybe I can check it out then...this one didn't have it though

So glad to hear they have an actual pad and not just what I saw!!!! Thank you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics