Username Post: Making your own scraprack        (Topic#1507711)
Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96

I was wondering if anyone has made their own version of the scraprack... I was looking at it and I think it would be very simple and cheap to make one...... Just wondering if anyone has.. also those that have them... do you use their pages.. or just use reg page protectors? I have a homemade version of the clip it up.... so I know all about them, but wondering about the scraprack!!! Thanks for looking!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-18-09 10:27 AM
In response to Mimmy96

I made one several years ago.....I bought a bunch of old 3 ring notebooks at rummage sales, took the cover and back off and attached them to heavy duty plywood. You can use regular page protectors in them but I had to replace them about once a year because they aren't real heavy and don't take a lot of abuse.

HTH

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-18-09 10:28 AM
In response to j3Mel

oh and mine wasn't portable. It was heavy and if I was going to a crop I just took out the page protectors I thought I would need.

You could cover the plywood with cloth to make it look nicer also.

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to j3Mel

that is what I was thinking.. taking out the rings on old binders.. as far as being portable, I don't really need it to be.. just want it here in my room!!! Do u happen to have a picture?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-18-09 11:11 AM
In response to Mimmy96

no sorry I don't......that was several years ago when I was scrapping downstairs........I don't think I have any pictures of that scrap space since it was dark and depressing.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to j3Mel

maybe you could take apart some binders and attach them to velcro then have someone (cough*me*cough) make you a fabric cover with more velcro on the inside. then you could use a sheet of plywood as the main thing

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Jordannichole

I have always wanted a scrap rack but have since made due with other forms of organization. Hope you get one for yourself or make one. I still look at them from time to time.

scrappydooz
Pro
scrappydooz
In response to DivaDana

I'm so glad you asked this question cuz I had wanted one of these, too...those are great ideas for making one...I'm gonna have to think about doing this...I'm excited!

SmartAlli
Resident
SmartAlli
In response to scrappydooz

So...I read the title of this thread and my mind went somewhere it probably shouldn't have.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SmartAlli

Alli you are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, lol

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Mimmy96

• Mimmy96 Said:
I was wondering if anyone has made their own version of the scraprack... I was looking at it and I think it would be very simple and cheap to make one...... Just wondering if anyone has.. also those that have them... do you use their pages.. or just use reg page protectors? I have a homemade version of the clip it up.... so I know all about them, but wondering about the scraprack!!! Thanks for looking!

I have a scraprack and I use some of the pages from the PSB system that I started with. I've purchased quite a few of the scraprack pages and especially like the embellishment ones.

scrappydooz
Pro
scrappydooz
In response to Sunnydi

Ok, I went & made a scraprack...well, I designed it & my hubby & daddy built it. It's in my gallery with instructions how we built it.
$38 DIY scraprack
By Scrappydooz

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics