Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Do NOT go to Michael's if you are...        (Topic#1510319)
shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

easily enabled;) LOL...I was just there this evening and found all sorts of new paper pads. I got two new Amy Butler. I think there was a 3rd as well, but I didn't get that one.

There are like 4 new MME pads; those big 180 sheets ones; a boy, girl, fall and school themed.

Some DCWV ones I have not seen before. I THINK one was called Sherbet. Could be wrong.

Also a KI pad, some other pads whose brand names I can not recall. Some K&Co.

There was still quite a bit of empty space so there has got to be more coming in...Not good, not good:(

I was at a different store this past week and they had lots of new acrylic stamp sets. I've only bought 2 so far with coupons, but there were definately other sets I really liked.

M's is going to send me to the poor house;)

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to shopgirlaudi

Yep, I agree. They are redoing the scrappy section at my Mike's. I saw lots of new Tim Holtz/Ranger stuff. LOTS of new clear stamps.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to JayAndXansMom

I was in the Michaels in Dublin Cal and lots of the shelves and displays were empty. I asked what was going on and the lady said their store is a model for a new way of arranging the scrap stuff..it is all going to be done by theme. Also they are getting new stuff...she hopes it is done by next week....can't wait to see it...don't need anything but you know how that goes.
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and kept saying "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

Edited by dollscrap on 07-19-09 06:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

IzzyBscrappin
Veteran
IzzyBscrappin
In response to dollscrap

i feel the same way! i try and stay away but it is soooo hard!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to IzzyBscrappin

LOL @ the cranky comment. That is SO true; we are never cranky:) I'm just giddy with anticipation of what it's going to look like when they are done and all the new goodies they'll be getting in:)

Ours had a whole two aisles that were getting set up by theme; baby, wedding, travel, etc.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

After blowing all but 5.00 of my allowance on sale stuff that I just had to have, it occurred to me.....

I could save a ton of money if I could send hubby in with a list.

*runs to check tonight's lottery numbers*

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Scatter

Oh the thought of sending DH to Mike's is just SCARY! That WOULD NOT be good!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
I was in the Michaels in Dublin Cal and lots of the shelves and displays were empty. I asked what was going on and the lady said their store is a model for a new way of arranging the scrap stuff..it is all going to be done by theme. Also they are getting new stuff...she hopes it is done by next week....can't wait to see it...don't need anything but you know how that goes.
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

The Stockton M's is like this. They put it in over a year ago. It's really nice and fun and EASY to find stuff! Apparently it was one of 2 at the time that they were testing out. The other was in Texas.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

LOL...my dh is SO good about scrap shopping for me. He's the best:) I've sent him on more than one occasion, but I really prefer going myself. That's the fun part:)

bellasmommy1
Idol
bellasmommy1

The michaels by my house has a lot of discount scrapbooking stuff right now and I spent to much money stocking up on just about everything lol. I couldn't help myself.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to bellasmommy1

yeah big clearance at michaels storewide it seems.

I had money from the office to get a few things for our scrapbooks (yes I get paid to scrap and get to spend their money!). Anyway, I found a nursery rhyme pad of paper (we do internatioal adoption) and it said it was on clearance from 19.99 to 9.97. I figured...well that's about a penny a page and we are running low so okay....it rang up as 4.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Mercy4Free

Wow!!! Awesome deal on the Prima Nursery pad. I got a lot of the embellies for only 97 cents; some large white flowers, smaller rosettes, some glittery flowers and rubons:)

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

I just got the 2 new alcohol ink sets that M's is carrying. Oh, dear. Guess I will be forced to alter something to justify them. Although, I did get them with a 50% off coupon. So maybe, I can just admire the addition to my collection for a bit. M's don't ya just hate to love the store.

katie777
Diva
katie777
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
  • dollscrap Said:
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

The Stockton M's is like this. They put it in over a year ago. It's really nice and fun and EASY to find stuff! Apparently it was one of 2 at the time that they were testing out. The other was in Texas.

I love going to Stockton M's! I get up there at least once a month. I wish they would do something with the Modesto store!!!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to katie777

I fell victim to the new paper this morning. I went in armed with a 50% off coupon and the mindset of "i only need a self healing cutting mat..only a self healing cutting mat." But then I saw the new paper. I picked up one by K&Company, one I don't remember and a small pack of blue themed papers by Me & My Big Ideas. I also picked up some clearance primas and 3 sets of $1 alphas. And two sets of bazzill matstacks that were on sale. And I have an $86 order coming from the superstore..AND i joined a monthly kit club. This hobby is a sickness..lol. I think sometimes I enjoy shopping for supplies more than actually using them.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:

You make me smile!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to scrappycath

I love what Michaels has done with their scrap area. Ours now has a TON of great stuff from most of the major brands. It went in a month or so after the hugely popular LSS around here closed (not because they were failing- owner just wanted more free time). I don't know if that was coincidence, but it filled a scrappy gap very well.

Cindy

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-19-09 02:33 PM
In response to afdani1984

• afdani1984 Said:
I fell victim to the new paper this morning. I went in armed with a 50% off coupon and the mindset of "i only need a self healing cutting mat..only a self healing cutting mat." But then I saw the new paper. I picked up one by K&Company, one I don't remember and a small pack of blue themed papers by Me & My Big Ideas. I also picked up some clearance primas and 3 sets of $1 alphas. And two sets of bazzill matstacks that were on sale. And I have an $86 order coming from the superstore..AND i joined a monthly kit club. This hobby is a sickness..lol. I think sometimes I enjoy shopping for supplies more than actually using them.

IS this hobby a sickness? Sometimes I wonder! lol I swear, the amount of money I spend buying stuff sometimes is really scary! Well, scary for me as I'm sure there are people who spend ALOT more. At times I think of all the OTHER things I could do with all the money I spend on scrapbook supplies....but then I just buy more paper! lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Lal

I rarely go into someplace and buy things I had in mind beforehand. I buy things that I like and that seem like a bargain.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-19-09 03:17 PM
In response to johnsusan8

Oops, and I forgot to say that I went to M's and HAD to buy some of the new paper they had! Got one of those AC packs and a K&Co one called Lemon Drop..LOVE some of the K&Co as of lately!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics