Username Post: Share your scrap storage ideas        (Topic#1510593)
scrapadoodledoodoo
Resident
scrapadoodledoodoo

Hi peeps: Right now my scraps are in a file cabinet and sorted by color, etc. I have ALOT of scraps. First, I've been scraping for over 5 years and I seldom used scraps on my books AND 3 daughters and a daughter-in-law use my room and stuff too. However, now I'm addicted to cardmaking and have started using my scraps. I dislike the way I'm storing them right now as they are hard to get to and hard to get back in place. Love to hear and see your storage solutions.

Edited by scrapadoodledoodoo on 07-21-09 02:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to scrapadoodledoodoo

Hi! ........I make alot of cards & use mostly scraps.......I also have several people who use my space & supplies .........this is what I came up with & I love it! scrap storage By Melissadam

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to melissadam

I'm not that different from what you're already doing.

Day 170 June 19 By Vivian Loves BLING

I've not put anything new into my system in months. I've been making cards with scraps. Working out wonderfully that way. Gotten over a hundred cards made this way.

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I take gallen size ziploc bags and separate the scraps by color, then inside each bag I put them in order by size.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to hbodley17

I also have been using my scraps. Whenever I make a layout I automatically use the scraps on cards, since everything is out already.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to hbodley17

• hbodley17 Said:
I take gallen size ziploc bags and separate the scraps by color, then inside each bag I put them in order by size.

This is what I do,too

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to terrihooper

I just recently reorganized my scraps and paper. I have the pockets from cropper hopper and I sort the scraps by color. I use the pocket as the divider in the vertical paper organizer so I always go to the scraps first. For PP I have the PP in a 12x12 storage box so when I am working on something it is easy to go through before I break into my new PP. Hope this helps.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to terrihooper

I put mine in the gallon size plastic bags too and store them in a drawer. I usually don't have big pieces of paper left over so this works for me.

Edited by Anna C on 07-22-09 01:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to Anna C

I have the 12 x 12 plastic 3 drawer stackables. 2 sets of them and sorted by color. I've tried other ways but its so easy to pull out a drawer and rumage through it to find what I need.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to redheadgirl

Scrap Storage
By MrsSugarBear

Here's what I use for my scraps.

Croppers Ball
Resident
Croppers Ball
In response to MrsSugarBear

I have a box. I put them in it in a big huge annoying fashion and never look at them again!!!
ROFL...I hate my scraps!

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Croppers Ball

I have mine in 2 drawers. One drawer is for plain colored paper/cardstock, and one drawer is for patterned paper. I find that I haven't been using my scraps much, but once I start getting more into cardmaking, I think I will be using the scraps a lot more since I will need smaller pieces of papers.

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to livelovecreate86

I use a 12x12 sized paper holder for scraps that i can use in another 12x12 layout.. id say like 5x10 inch long scraps or more would go in that one box...

for my smaller scraps i use a gallon sized ziplock and use these mostly on cards, or maybe rubber stamping?

the third scraps option i use is a quart sized ziplock that i use for very thin scraps, that my paper cutter usually trims.. i use those for quilling..

i have found that organizing by overall size of the scrap paper, then by color (if ud like), is much easier when i want to look for something that will fit with my project. i hope that kinda helps?

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to scrapadoodledoodoo

I finally did this a month or so ago, I bought the container at HL w/a 40% off coupon - it's under $10.00. I have been so happy I did this, it contains all solids, different sizes but sorted by color - really great to just plop it next to me and dig in when I need it. The stack to the right is for sizzlits and quick matting so those are more precise in size and cut. I do trim down each scrap to make the edges even for the most part, patterned paper is kept in a similar bin, same thing but sorted according to theme.

This is the top/front to show you how long it is

Finally!!!!
By JaymieLiz

This is side view, shows the scrap cuts for matting and/or quick sizzlits

Side View of Big Boy
By JaymieLiz

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 07-24-09 05:11 AM
In response to JaymieLiz

mine are in ziplock bags sorted by color and "filed" in a LP album rack I bought at a rummage sale for $2

album/paper rack By J3Mel

it sits under my desk with my printer on top so I can just reach down and grab the bag I need whenever I'm scrapping.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to j3Mel

I store mine in a file box with files separated into colors. I use my scraps a lot but never seem to do away with them completely.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to KatieJo

I have stored mine almost every different way over the yrs but my fav has been the same plastic drawers that others have posted. I love that I can pull out the drawer & taker it to my table. I use scraps all the time. I usually look there every time I scrap.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
mine are in ziplock bags sorted by color and "filed" in a LP album rack I bought at a rummage sale for $2

album/paper rack By J3Mel

it sits under my desk with my printer on top so I can just reach down and grab the bag I need whenever I'm scrapping.

Luv this! This is how I do the smaller scraps, and they hang on a metal coat rack that attaches to a shelf - so perfect for those small pieces of pp that ya just can't part with but are too small!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics